“NY Public Library”

$225.00*
Private Midtown Times Square Walking Tour
Ranked #22 of 1,122 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Two marble lions mark the entrance to this Beaux Arts masterpiece, a National Historic Landmark containing more than six million books.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I really enjoyed the library. The architecture and murals are magnificent. It is a beautiful struction. The art exhibits were also great. It was interesting to see all the technology in that old building!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Let me just say...If all libraries were like NY public library, more people would be avid readers. Love the location and lion statues and cute grand stair case inside. Will always come back here on my NY visits. Didn't get the chance to participate on the tour.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Each time we go to NYC we visit the library on 5th and 42nd street. They always have interesting exhibits. This visit included an exhibit on why kids books are important. It want through the evolution of children's literature. My daughter was traveling with me and absolutely loved the exhibit as it featured some of her favorite books from her childhood.

Be sure to walk upstairs (which you'll need to do to find the bathrooms) and check out the beautiful rotunda.

The Christmas tree in the lobby is one of the most beautiful we see in the city each year.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

What a wonderful place. On my last visit, I took the docent led tour. This time, I actually went to work and do some research. So much to learn on every level (literally and figuratively). Take the tour; it's free and memorable.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I always go to the reading room on the main floor just to have a look at the ceiling, then up to the third floor to see the beautiful rotunda and appointments.

Of course you can't miss the lions.