“We had A LOT of Laughs...”

Broadway Comedy Club
and up
New York City Magic Show
Ranked #89 of 147 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Broadway Comedy Club is located in Times Square , we feature top comics as seen on MTV , Comedy Central Tonight Show and Letterman. We have featured Letterman, Comedy Central , Tonight Show and Just For Laughs auditions. Top Comics that have appeared here in the past include Damon and Shawn Wayans, Tracy Morgan, Tim Allen, Rosie O'Donnell, Whitney. Cummings, Caroline Rhea, Judah Freidlander, Dave Attell and a whole host of others. Please before buying tickets, always check our websites for the official lineups.
Jersey City
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We had A LOT of Laughs...”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I don't like comedy clubs. When I was in the dating world I used to wonder why almost all the guy's profile would list as one of their favorite activities - "comedy clubs." To me, that was a turnoff... I'd gone to one years ago - a prominent one in NYC - and I didn't really enjoy it. So, I kicked and hollered a bit when our guests who were here for the Holidays - wanted to go to a NYC Comedy Club. They kept saying that when in Rome (or NYC - in this case) you do comedy. So, I got the tickets to this Comedy Club and went in prepared to totally hate it ... and surprise... surprise... we had a terrific time. We laughed so hard at a few of the comedians - that we had to excuse ourselves to go to the bathroom - more than once. There were two of the 9 comedians we say that were just so-so, but the other 7 had us all cracking up - pretty much nonstop. We didn't mind the two drink minimum that some here seem to be upset about. We all knew that that was a standard at all the clubs. Our drinks only ran between $7-9 each and we thought that was pretty inexpensive considering we were in Times Square and had just spent a few hundred dollars on drinks the night before at a "fancy" establishment....I will take a way one star because I think that with a club that seats a few hundred people - they should have more bathrooms. Bathrooms were pretty spacious and "sort-of" well kept (for that size crowd) - but they could use a couple of more -- especially if they are going to make people laugh so hard. I didn't think that for the $25 bucks we each spent that it could be much of a show - but, I have to say, we were all impressed and I Am adding comedy clubs to the agenda for any and all visiting family, friends and business associates from now on. Soooooo much FUN and pretty easy on our wallets too. A very nice night out for all.

1 Thank SIA A

Bay Village, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“You Are Being Scammed!!!!! Absolutely Terrible.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Do not buy tickets for this. It is a scam. Unfortunately we did not know it until we sat through it. You will be sat in a horribly small room where you will see 5-6 performers that have never done stand up. It is their first try at it. 3 of the comedians (people) said the same joke twice and didn't even know it.

I have to laugh now because the guy that sold us the ticket said there is a good chance the Chris Rock or Seinfeld will show up. What a joke!!!!!!

I'm guessing it's a group of friends that think this is an easy way to make money. There is a two drink minimum which is probably where they make most of their money. It is so bad I can't even express it in writing.

Please don't waste your time or money. There is so much to do in NYC, so take advantage of it.

1 Thank chadou23
Regensburg, Germany
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Ok, if you get cheap tickets”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We bought a ticket for two (for $20) on Times Square and the boy who sold them also made a reservation for us for the show the same evening. We saw six comedians, some of which were hilarously funny.
The two drink minimum is annoying, however. It may be typical for comedy clubs, I don't know, but it was definitly very irritating that the waiters forced people to buy drinks during the performance. This is also rude towards the comedians and made it hard to follow the show. They should sell drinks before the show or during a break. And there is an extra fee on the check in addition to the drinks, so beware!

1 Thank --Regensburg--4
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SURPRISINGLY GOOOOOOOOD SHOW!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Well, we bought our tickets in Times Square from a girl who had helped us get booked into Letterman and Jimmy Fallon last week. We told her we would buy tickets from her this week when our cousins came in for the Holidays. We were in the process of buying them when some woman came up screaming - "don't buy them! it is a scam!" My cousins were here from out of state for the Holidays and wanted to go to a Comedy Club - but this woman wouldn't stop yelling that someone had just told her that the tickets were scams and the Club didn't exist - so, although the comedy club girl insisted they were real and pointed out that the woman herself said she had called the club and confirmed they were real - we got nervous and asked for our money back and she graciously gave it back to us. Then, as we were walking away it occured to us that we had seen her in that same spot, next to the police station in Times Square (no less) for a week. Surely if they were fake tickets - she wouldn't still be in the same spot - we reasoned. She had been so helpful to us last week, and refused to accept a tip for the assistance she gave us - so we felt bad about canceling the sell. We went back - just as she and her teammates seemed to be leaving for the night. She showed us an article in Time Out magazine that recommended their club and the article began by saying to beware the sellers from all "other" clubs. We got six passes for $60. We went to the 9PM show and found out that there were two small amateur rooms with shows (no doubt, the ones the bad reviews are about) and then there is a bigger downstairs room that seats 200-300 people. THAT was the Show we went into (although we almost got sat in the amateur show - which judging by the reviews here - isn't very good). To our GREAT surprise, Jamie Foxx was filming his Comedy Special called Foxx Hole. We were thrilled. All we were told was Comedy Central comedians would be there - no one mentioned this Jamie Foxx Show to us. The Show was dirty and FUNNY. We saw one comedian after another after another. Then, when that taping was over - another show began being filmed for something called Comedy Time and we saw another 6-7 comedians (some of which we readily recognized). There was one comedian that bombed BIG, but the rest ranged from humorous to ridiculously FUNNY. The night was longer than we expected but we laughed a good deal and had many times that we laughed until tears came from our eyes. We already knew that ALL comedy clubs have two drink minimums. (btw, I can't believe how many people here are acting like a 2 drink minimum at a comedy club is a big deal and giving the club low ratings because of it. That is pretty standard at all comedy clubs everywhere). All of our drinks ran between $7 and $8. I don't know who the crazy screaming lady was, but she sure missed one heck of a good show. Note: Right after we bought out tickets we were also approached by someone from another comedy club and were told that this Club didn't exist and that the tickets were fake and a scam. It must be what the competing clubs do to steal sales from this club. Maybe that is why the magazine said to beware all comedy ticket sellers clubs but this one in Times Square. This was the best "darn" fake show in history, then. Yes, it is the no-frills club with the brick wall in the background that you see on shows like Seinfeld and in Standup Comedy Specials... it is a basement club - like several of the major clubs in NYC - but we weren't there for decor - we were there to have some laughs and we had plenty. It turnt out to be a surprisingly good night for us. Yes, we would go again. Best bargain we have had all week. We are taking away one "O" above because they almost sat us in the small amateur showroom by accident and the drink service was a little slow. Happy Holidays.

2 Thank Anthony M
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Funny show but do not buy from times square sellers”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I purchased 2 tix for $30 from someone selling them in times square and was told that there were free drinks and that donnell rawlings "ashy larry" would be performing...lol how stupid of me. So we went anyways and the show was still pretty funny but i was pissed that i was lied to. The 2 drink minimum is a standard at all comedy clubs which i already knew but the service took forever.

1 Thank Kevlit31