“You won't laugh with all of the comedians but hey that's life”

Broadway Comedy Club
and up
New York City Magic Show
Ranked #120 of 153 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Broadway Comedy Club is located in Times Square , we feature top comics as seen on MTV , Comedy Central Tonight Show and Letterman. We have featured Letterman, Comedy Central , Tonight Show and Just For Laughs auditions. Top Comics that have appeared here in the past include Damon and Shawn Wayans, Tracy Morgan, Tim Allen, Rosie O'Donnell, Whitney. Cummings, Caroline Rhea, Judah Freidlander, Dave Attell and a whole host of others. Please before buying tickets, always check our websites for the official lineups.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We bought 2 tickets (4 people) for $40 in Times square with a 2 drink per person mimimum. We arrived late for the Sunday night 11pm show and were still admitted. The staff we great about this. The place was a little dingy and the service for the drinks was slow and they didn't seem that bothered about you having the 2 drinks mimimum. Not all the acts were my cup of tea but the fact that you are seeing the comedians expose their vunerability was good. There was a lot of heckling and people leaving after paying only $10 - get over yourselves.
It's good to see that these places try and make a living and let's face it we all need to laugh once in a while and not take ourselves too seriously.
We chatted with some of the comedians afterwards and it was nice to let them know that they are appreciated.
It was the aftermath of Sandy and I admire them for putting on a show. Well done.

1  Thank Shezza42

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Listen to the other reviews, we wish we had. However it was a last minute purchase while roaming Times Square, so no time to research. Although we got there early, the place was packed and the room is very small, with no ventilation or air. The "drinks" didn't look that great, so we stuck with bottled beer at $8 per. There were a few funny moments and memorable jokes, but not enough. Thankfully it was a rather cheap entrance fee, even if the big names from the street hawker never "showed" up.....so when they sell you on Charlie Murphy appearing, trust me...it's a scam. Fortunately hubby and I can have a good time anywhere, so it wasn't all a waste. Won't try that one again, on our next visit though. Nuff said...

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I enjoy comedy clubs a lot. There was certain comedians that weren't funny at all.. about two I would say. Wish I remembered their names. Its like the ones that sucks would have longer times then the good ones, they would cut their time short. This one comedian was talking about babies having sex, totally changed everyone's mood. It was quiet disturbing... I completely shut him off after that. Most of the others were hilarious & I enjoyed it.

My bf & I are not familiar w/ NYC and had a hard time finding the place lol. There is a 2 drink minimum per person. Drinks are about $8-12 each. Not bad at all...

1  Thank Lizzy M
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Some friends who had recently visited New York recommended that we go to a comedy club whilst there. Sadly we bought tickets for Broadway, which I can honestly say is the worst $50 I have ever spent ($20 for admission for two, the other $30 for drinks).

We went to the 11 o'clock show on 1.11.12 and watched three so called 'comedians' before escaping (and I mean escaping, it's almost like being in prison, so zealous is the enforcement of the two drink minimum) from this dingy, dirty, dump of a club.

The first act was the warm up guy who tried to rally the crowd and made it quite clear that audience participation was encouraged in this club. He wasn't funny. We then had the mispleasure of enduring a ten minute act by another 'comedian'. He provided even less humour than the warm up act. A female 'comedian' then graced the stage with her presence. We wish she hadn't. This woman had such a misguided opinion of what humour is that she really ought to give up on comedy immediately. Her act was absolutely dreadful and when heckled by a Jewish member of the audience (he was wearing a yarmulke, hence she knew his religion), she replied with a disgraceful taunt about Nazi atrocities against Jews. We left at this point despite there being a number of acts still to come.

The whole experience lacked any form of enjoyment whatsoever, this was compounded by the fact you have to ask to leave the building, just in case you've had the audacity to not purchase a second drink whilst enduring the dreadful acts.

Whether you worked hard for your money or it came to you easily, please don't waste it on going to Broadway Comedy Club - any comedy club that books acts as poor as the ones we had the mispleasure of witnessing really doesn't deserve it.

2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We got a ticket for 20 bucks for 2 with a 2 drink minimum.... We had six acts and there were great.... Hilarious night and the drinks were not expensive so worth getting the cheap ticket... The area is perfectly safe we walked there and back to our hotel and it was fine.......it's a defo must whilst visiting the NYC

2  Thank ickle25uk