The staff at this hotel was very accomodating - held our bags on day of our arrival and departure, and a couple of other requests were handled with efficiency. We had a great view of the Empire State bld to our left and Macy's to our right. The street was a side street and fairly quiet compared to prior stay in Times Square area. Herald Square subway station about 30 steps from hotel door - almost all lines lead there, so it was extremely convenient. Empire state and many great stores within walking distance, one subway stop to Times Square. Taxi drivers are always lined up on this street waiting for a fare, so a cab back to the airport was a breeze! Breakfast was basic, but each day included a protein like turkey sausage and eggs or omelets, plus a waffle station. Saved us a lot of money not having to pay for breakfast. The rooms are small and basic, but typical for NYC. The beds are doubles, not queens. They do not have a fridge, but ice machine is available on several floors. Bathroom is small but functional with a nice storage cubbie on the wall for toiletries, makeup, etc. Elevators were often a long wait at breakfast time. We would definitely stay here again because of the service and convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our prime hotel location puts you in walking distance to the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Madison Square Garden, Herald Square, Penn Station, and many other top NYC attractions. Enjoy amenities including free hot breakfast daily during your stay, free WiFi access throughout the hotel including guest rooms, and free access to our fitness center and business center. Our guest rooms offer coffeemakers, flat-screen televisions with premium movie channels, and a work desk. We are a pet friendly hotel (non-refundable deposit required; please review our policies for more details). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn 35th St. Empire State Building Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn New York City
- New York City Hampton Inn