Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg
  • Bar/Lounge
$316
$295
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
  • Pool
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$152
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$80
  • Breakfast included
2,316 results
All reviewsherald squaregreat locationtimes squarenew yorkpenn stationfree breakfastempire statethe breakfast arearooms are smallbagelsaround the cornermajor attractionsfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againtwo double bedscentral locationstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although this hotel was very good in most areas it was spoiled by something going missing from my room. I'd bought a new lipstick at the airport and had used it twice. I know that I didn't take it out of the room and put it back in my make up bag after use. The whole family searched the room and I emptied everything out from cases etc. Since returning home, I've also checked everything again. I mentioned it to housekeeping and at the front desk and they said they had checked but it was nowhere to be seen so they were made aware. On checking out of the hotel I asked that the manager was also made aware of what had happened. I was able to buy another lipstick - that wasn't a problem, it was the uncomfortable and disappointing fact that something had gone missing from my room. However, the lesson has been learned and in future I won't be leaving anything lying around.

Room Tip: Try to get down early for breakfast. The later you leave it, the busier it gets.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hazel A
Anthony D, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Hazel,

Thank you so much for staying with us. It's nice to hear that you found our hotel very good.

We are really sorry to hear you lost your lipstick. The incident has been duly noted. The managers checked and investigated thoroughly and it really hasn't been found. The hotel maintains high standards of security and housekeeping service.

We hope you still consider staying with us again in the future and please feel free to contact me directly if you need any further assistance.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Hampton Inn on 35th is a mediocre hotel. The room was small and kind of run down, the elevators are slow, the breakfast was not very good, and the internet connection is slow. The HVAC unit is so loud that it woke me each time it turned on during the night.

The staff were very helpful and courteous. They were the high point of my stay there.

It's also nice that they have a coffee/tea service in the lobby 24/7.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Anthony D, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-35th St/Empire State Bldg, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear William,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you stayed with us.

We'll definitely have your comments noted and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We're committed in providing our guests the best stay possible. We hope you still consider staying with us again once you come back to NYC and rest assured we'll make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I’ve stayed at this hotel twice as the leader of a school trip, most recently February 2013. The location is excellent – just a few yards away from a major subway stop, a short block away from both Macy’s and the Empire State Building, and walking distance from many tourist attractions. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and newly decorated and some have spectacular views of the Empire State Building. Traffic noise was not a problem for me on the 16th floor, but the loud air conditioning units did disturb some of my group. I used earplugs, which did the trick for me and are highly recommended for any New York accommodation.

The well-stocked breakfast buffet in the morning is a danger to the waistline, including two make-your-own waffle machines and an array of hot and cold foods on offer, but there is plenty on offer for guests who wish to be more virtuous. I appreciated that different things were served as part of the hot buffet each morning, which is nice for the guests who are staying several days and want variety. The free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and ice water always available in the lobby was a nice touch, as were the complimentary newspapers, and I enjoyed using the small gym, which has TVs attached to the cardio machines.

The hotel’s WiFi was free and reliable.

Although part of a large chain, this hotel has a nice, personal feel about it. They try very hard to satisfy their customers and I believe they will refund guests’ money if there is a legitimate problem that cannot be solved.

I would happily stay here again on my own, with family, or as part of another large group.

Room Tip: Best rooms would be high up (above the 15th floor) and with a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear George,

Thank you so much for your review. We highly appreciate your kind words.

Thank you for letting us know with regards to the air conditioning. We're delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. It was a pleasure having your group stayed with us.

We always do our best to make our guests stay enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Perfect location, great value. Free wifi, helpfull staff, near by metro station.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We highly appreciate your kind words. It was a pleasure having you stayed with us.

We always do our best to make our guests stay enjoyable. We hope you consider staying with us again once you come back to NYC.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days recently and I've got to say it is a great hotel in a great area. It is a stones throw away from Macy's and a short walk to Times Square and broadway. Close enough to everything without being on top of it. The breakfast will give you a good start to your day whatever that may involve. There is a good choice of food that will keep even the fussiest of eaters happy.
The staff are very helpful and friendly and keep the hotel very clean and tidy. We were very lucky where our room looked out towards the empire state building. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone,be it business or leisure. You will NOT be disappointed.
4 very happy customers