“Perfect Place to Celebrate an Anniversary”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #70 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Kodiak, Alaska
“Perfect Place to Celebrate an Anniversary”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with 9 nights at Ink48 in November. We were really pleased with the hotel and its amenities. As In Touch members, we received a room upgrade and all of the other perks of membership like free wifi and a mini bar credit. The room was large, clean and very comfortable with a fantastic view. The hotel even provided Aveda bath salts for the huge tub. The staff was friendly and cheerful. In honor of our anniversary, the hotel had a bottle of bubbly and a gift box of delicious treats waiting in our room. We loved the coffee/tea set up in the morning and the ice water that was available all day. Although we did not participate every evening, the wine reception each day was a great option before heading out to dinner and a show. We love to walk, so the location was not an issue for us, but it is a good three blocks to the nearest Metro station and farther for some lines. Dinner at their restaurant, Print, was excellent. We also really enjoyed Stecchino Wine Bar on 9th, PJ Clarkes across from Lincoln Center – try the lobster BLT, Caffee Ciello on 8th, and picking up some take out from the Amish Market on 9th. Sunday morning, we took a walk along the river and then came back through Chelsea where we had a great breakfast at Le Grainne. Another favorite for us is Crepes on Columbus, followed by walking the full length of Central Park. We met many fine local people who were all eager for us to enjoy their city. It was a memorable trip.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HeliosNorth
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Dear HeliosNorth,

I am so glad to hear you had a great time for you anniversary with us! Thank you for choosing Ink 48 for your special occasion. I hope you took something fun out of the mini bar for your $15 free and also took full advantage of the tub! Thank you for writing about your stay with us. We hope to see you at a Kimpton Property for your next anniversary as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Polish first
Darlington
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Everything has already been said numerous times however I can confirm that this hotel lives up to all the hype! Me & my wife celebrated her 30th birthday & the hotel staff could not have been more attentive. From the warm welcome given by John on Reception, to the free bottle of wine in the room, to the continued superb service from Sian-Pierre, absolutely first class! City View King Room definately worth the extra money & the free coffee, hot chocolate & wine were winning free touches. The only thing we could not work out was the duty & purpose of the doormen. They sometimes appeared too busy chatting up the local talent or standby around to notice people struggling with the front door with luggage etc. This was the only negative & struck us as strange as everything else was high end
boutique so a big thank you to the
staff & management for making our
trip & my wife's 30th birthday such
a memorable stay!

• Stayed January 2011
UK
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Ink48 for part of our honeymoon in December. Having travelled to many different places in the world I've developed standards which many hotels struggle to meet so I spend a lot of time researching and reading reviews. We had a wonderful stay at Ink48 and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it if you need a hotel in New York. The original room we checked into was fine but a bit close to the lifts so I asked to change, we were then upgraded to a Hudson River Suite which was absolutely stunning with ceiling to floor views of the river. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge (you could fit a kingsize bed in there alongside the bathroom)!. On our second night we were presented with a bottle of champaign and chocolate strawberries as I mentioned we were on our honeymoon - this was a real treat and we were very grateful. The service generally was excellent from the reception desk to the complimentory wine in the evening - it was hard to fault. One evening we ate in the restaurant which was good - but not really our taste and it was really busy - but if you like fussy food then I'm quite sure you would have loved it. Overall great hotel, great service and great value.... for New York anyway!

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica_traveller
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My partner and I spent 6 nights here in November, 2010 after a LOT of shopping around for a good hotel. It was perfect. The hotel itself is beautiful; stylish and modern, as are the guest rooms. I would definitely recommend a room with a cityview - absolutely stunning views. The staff are friendly and helpful and the hosted wine reception is a lovely added touch.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Hello Amybosley,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent Ink48 stay! I am glad you had a great stay, a nice city view, and a fun wine hour experience. I hope you got a chance to catch the winter time hot chocolate that was out in the lobby each afternoon- perfect on a cold NYC day. We appreciate your review and hope to see you next time you are in the Big Apple.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 14, 2011

This was my second trip to Ink48 in 2 months. The first was in November - loved it, so I planned a return. Oops. Booked a Hudson River Suite and was first given a room on the 6th floor with a veiw of the verizon truck garage. Fortunately, they found a room on the 14th floor so we could actually see the river. In addition to business, it was my husband's birthday. I mentioned this at reservation; nobody noticed. The location is a little off the main attractions, but usually worth a little c(ab ride.The rooms are quite sizable compared to other city hotels.) This time though, it was cold. And getting a cab from this hotel isn't as easy as other hotels in Manhattan. Did I mention it was cold? That brings me to the biggest problem - the heat system. It was either stifling hot and crazy loud....or freeze. We tried both. Neither was satisfactory. I won't be back during heat season.....After all, it is a hotel where one hopes to get a little sleep. I'm not sure the heat situation is fixable...
Finally, a key feature of this (rather new) hotel is the rooftop bar. Unfortunately, it was closed for the month. Hard to believe it is being renovated so soon. Maybe low hotel occupancy? Not sure, but maybe a bar would have helped with getting to sleep. Yes, there is a lounge area on the first floor, but it isn't nearly the same. Too bad.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Joan1969
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2011

i stayed there 4 nights in dec 2010, first time in new york with husband and we both really loved the hotel which made our stay even more special giving us a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates. The location was perfect, the room really big with such an amazing view. the staff very professional and friendly, room very clean and everything was thought of......

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My wife and I stay at Ink48 about 5 times a year while we're in NY on business and we honestly look forward to coming here. It is a Kimpton hotel which pretty much says it all but if you aren't familiar with the chain, they're a very chic assortment of "boutique" hotels scattered about the country. We love the uniqueness of each hotel. The only thing they all have in common is the excellent service, well coordinated and pleasing colors and furnishings, and wonderful amenities. AND, they're pet friendly! So, hey, do your self a favor and book a stay. I think you'll look forward to coming back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business