“THE RIGHT PLACE!”

Ranked #75 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“THE RIGHT PLACE!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I booked this hotel as it was offered as a sponsor to our trade show Art Expo at Pier 94. I also picked it because it was the closest to the show and said it had a great view of the NY Skyline. It was AMAZING - the place is spectacular, the view from the rooftop was breathtaking and I had the same view from my room #1507. Thank you Will for that! The decor is well done, the room was so quiet, the bed was "sleep in late" comfortable, and the food was delicious. Top Chef! The staff was super friendly and ever helpful.

Room Tip: Skyline view or Hudson River view...both spectacular!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hey Michael J,

Thank you so much for the kind words about the hotel. Seems like your really got to experience all that the hotel has to offer, and being on the 15th floor is just great. So glad that Will (one of our best) was able to make that happen for you.

Hope to see you again at Ink48 again sometime soon!

Best,

Will

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
  • Polish first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel is superb! Well appointed, comfortable rooms, great location, and, best of all, service is 5 star. The staff is truly welcoming and attentive to all your needs. The courtesy and genuine consideration of the staff dwarfs that of some of the more expensive hotels (I've been to several, Parker Meridien, Tribecca Grand, Mandarin, Four Seasons) - the staff at ink48 really puts these pricier places to shame on that front. The rooms are spacious and have great amenities. Bathrooms are large with a spa feel. Rooms are quiet. TV channels are plentiful and mini-bar is well stocked with great options. Umbrellas were much appreciated given it rained while we were there. What haven't they though of? The overall vibe is hip and cool, but modern and sophisticated at the same time. Everyone from the front desk individuals to the Managers are super responsive and genuinely want to ensure your stay is nothing but perfection. And that is what will keep me coming back time and again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Hey Beth L,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel. We are so glad you had such a pleasant experience. In addition, it’s feedback from people like you that help reassure us that we are doing our jobs and showing passion for what we do. Thank you again, and hope to see you at Ink48 again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I travelled with a girlfriend over St. Patrick's Day weekend to New York and stayed 3 nights at Ink48. we arrived at the hotel at 11am and the front desk was really friendly and upgraded our room so we could get into a room immediately! We were really impressed. The room was lovely, much larger than your standard "New York" hotel rooms were you feel like you're in a tissue box. The ceilings in the hotel rooms are soaring, loft style so you don't feel cramped at all. The "happy hour" in the lobby is a really nice touch, and since it was St Patricks day there were additional treats to suit the festivities; absolutely loved the fruit infused water in the lobby! I would definitely recommend visiting the rooftop bar, best view of the city! This hotel is away from the really touristy places in the cities which is really nice so your not elbow to elbow when walking down the street. The subway is a bit of a walk from the hotel (probably 10 mins) but it's New York so bring your walking shoes!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hey Amyloves2travel,

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Seems like you really got to enjoy all that the hotel has to offer. I would agree with you too that the rooftop bar has the best view of the city. Please come back again soon and thanks for the kind words. It’s feedback from people like you that reiterates all of the hard work we do in order to make each and every guest experience a special one.

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Every once in awhile you come across a place that causes a dilemma. Do I write the raving review and let everyone else know how wonderful this place is and risk it becoming too popular and expensive or do I keep it a "secret"? Well, my experience this weekend is well worth that risk. I was lucky enough to be a guest of my friend who was staying at this hotel. It was her first time staying here as she made the reservation after doing some research online. We are long-time friends and she is a world traveler and I am not as much but when I travel, I am a hotel snob. From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were pleased. The check in was easy and the staff was friendly. They upgraded us to a bigger room on a higher floor. The view was breathtaking and the room just lovely. We rested a bit and headed out to have some wine and appetizers, stroll a bit, have dinner and then head to the theater. As we began our journey, we stopped at the front desk again to get some wine bar/tapas suggestions from the front desk. All I can say is that you seldom come across someone so knowledgeable, personable and happy to do their job as was Stephen ~ The Hells Kitchen Expert~ He made several recommendations for wine bars, neighborhood bars, restaurants printed off suggestions at the touch of his finger. He asked us to please stop by when we returned to let him know how our evening went. He shared his experience of seeing the Broadway show we were going to see and even gave us some background on that. When we returned from the theater late that evening we were momentarily concerned when we saw the long line outside the hotel. It was a Saturday night and there is a roof-top bar. We went into the hotel and after letting Stephen know that he was spot on with ALL his recommendations we were taken up a separate elevator to our floor. We did go and peek at the rooftop bar, which looked great with spectacular views. When we finally got back to our room after a great evening we had the pleasant surprise of a bottle of wine and some snacks with a note from Stephen, which just made the evening absolutely perfect. My friend said several times during our overnight stay, "I hope I read the price for this correctly". Stephen went out of his way to make our girls weekend spectacular. What a find!! We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jj1994
Hey jj1994,

So glad you had such a great stay with us! What makes me most happy though is hearing about our awesome staff. Of course, Stephen is the man. We take pride in creating a work environment in which our employees enjoy what they do and this in turn creates an ideal guest experience as well. Thank you again for the rave review and please come back again soon…

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We enjoyed a Sunday staycation at Ink48. The rate was fantastic and included a bottle of win and snacks from the chef. Thanks to Chris at the Front Desk who made a special request to have our red wine be a bottle of Pinot Noir. I had to call down after several hours to inquire when the wine and snacks would be delivered and upon doing so they made sure it was sent up within 20 minutes. We were also treated to the traditional Inner Circle amenities. After attending the free wine hour we simply relaxed and enjoyed ourselves in the Hudson RIver Suite. I look forward to stays here... it's great to unwind with Kimpton.

Room Tip: The higher the better to limit street noise on the west side
Green Features: I appreciated that dedicated recycle recepticals are included next to the trash in the rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnruda
Hello johnruda,

Thanks so much for your kind words and the great review. We take pride in making sure every guest experience is a special one, ESPECIALLY for someone who is in our Inner Circle like yourself. Always a pleasure having you and looking forward to your next stay at Ink48.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Wonderful stay! Our Mother/Daughter Week was made because of the friendly staff. We felt safe and well taken care of. I don't advise room service (our 2 burgers and fries were $85) but all else was perfect!

Room Tip: The upper floors tend to shake and helicopters are constantly flying by but the lower floors are pre...
Green Features: I love their environmentally friendly practices. And they're animal friendly!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hey Karen S,

Thanks so much for the kind words about the hotel. What makes me most happy is hearing about our staff and what a great job they do. We think that our friendly staff comes from creating an ideal work environment and this in turn rubs off on the guests. We do have a great staff and its feedback from people like you that reinforces all our work. Thank you again and hope to see you here soon…

Playa Del Carmen
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I travel a lot for business ......and I have to say , Ink48 was amazing ! I stayed at the hotel only for a few days during my conference at Javits Center ....which is a short walking distance from hotel. I can't really pick on anything bad of this hotel I can only say this hotel gets 5 plus stars in my review :))))....there were few minor issues which were resolved immediately .....which was very surprising to me from a NYC hotels ....Staff is very very pleasant and helpful, condition of the hotel is very good as well as its very cool design , size of rooms is pretty nice and big as well as maintained very well !!!!!!!!!!

Anyone traveling to NYC book a room at this fantastic hotel without any hesitation and you will enjoy your stay !!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hey Dmitriy M,

So great having you, and thank you so much for your stellar review. Apologies about any minor issues you may have experienced, but seems to me like we were able to get that resolved quickly for you. In addition, thanks for the shout out to our staff. We take pride in creating a great work environment and this results in a better guest experience. Come back again soon, and thanks again…