“LOVE Ink48”

GreenLeadersGold level
Nashville, Tennessee
“LOVE Ink48”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Ink48! It truly felt like a home away from home! I've stayed at way too many hotels over the years, and this was definitely the best service i've ever experienced! We will definitely be staying there next time we're in NYC!

Room Tip: Higher floors have BEAUTIFUL views!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hey Kathleen G,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m thrilled that you had a great stay. You specifically mentioned the good service and that’s always nice to hear that our hard work in terms of putting together a great team has paid off. There’s plenty of fun to be had in Nashville, but hopefully NYC and specifically Ink48 can great as well and continue to be a home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The first time I booked here was because of its location; I have returned 3 times including a week long stay, and have a 5th trip booked. It is clean, there are rooms with some great views, the staff is great (especially Jose Colon) and reasonably priced for Manhattan. I wish they had 24 hour room service; if you don't order breakfast by 10:30 PM you have to wait until morning to order, although they are pretty fast.

Room Tip: Ask for a river or city view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hey Labgarrett,

Thanks so much for your kind words. Seems like you had a great stay with us! And yes, Jose Colon is the man and we’re lucky have him on our team. Apologies that room service isn’t 24 hours. Hopefully that didn’t cause any inconvenience but feel free next time t reach out to one of our fantastic concierges who can definitely give you some information on places that will deliver 24 hours if you looking for a late night snack.

Looking forward to having you back here soon!
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

A really nice hotel that provided everything I could have wished for. I have normally stayed nearer broadway but upon recommendation from a friend I tried this hotel.
The room was very clean and the size extremely satisfactory.
The dining service was excellent.
The staff were helpful and polite.
Disappointment!
Upon checking in I specifically asked if charge upon my card would be the one used for the payment of the room as I had concerns about being charged twice, thus leaving my current account short of funds until returned! I was told that its would not happen......
Not only did it happen. The deposit swipe taken was more than the price of the room I had booked, upon checking out I had no available funds to purchase presents from the apple store and had to transfer money from my savings account to pay for them.
To be fair they called me a week ago to apologise but 9 days after checking out I am still waiting for £625.00 of cleared funds to be returned to my bank...... Shame as I would have stayed again..

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Richard W
Hey Richard W,

So glad you had a nice stay with us! Sounds like you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel , whether it be our well appointed rooms or our awesome staff.

I do apologize about the confusion with your card. Unless you used a debit card, we only place a hold on the funds at check-in with credit cards for room, tax and incidentals. That’s why when you checked in, the hold was for more than just the room and tax. However, this should be made very clear at check-in and it sounds like it wasn’t so again, our apologies. In terms of the extra funds going back to your card, that should happen any day now. Often with international cards, it just takes a bit longer.

If you continue to have any issues, please feel free to give us a call.
Paris, France
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had a superior room which was fine, nice view. People at the hotel as well as restaurant were nice and efficient.
Several problems appeared to me : in the evening only two elevators for the guests so in general they were packed and you had to wait a long time for them, the corridors and elevators were not in good condition, when we left the hotel we had to wait almost 15 minutes for our luggages, MUCH TOO LONG !!! Finally in the room the air for the heating is a little too noisy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Christophe L
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello Christophe,

I am glad you had a nice experience with a fantastic view. It is always nice to hear the staff was engaging and friendly.

Unfortunately we had an elevator out of service for a limited time but have no fear, it will be up and running in no time. Refreshed and ready to transport you efficiently without having to wait so long for your luggage.

I empathize with your frustrations with the elevator. I hope you give us another shot when you come back to NYC.
NSW
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The rooms are clean and a good size and the continental breakfast was sufficient to start the day. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is not too bad if you don't mind a little walk to Times Square - which was not so good when it was minus 12 degrees outside. You are only a short walk to the Hells Kitchen area which had some great restaurants. Now for the negative and very disappointing aspect. My young niece had bought some Pandora jewellery - a ring and some charms, with her hard earned savings. She had these sitting on top of her suitcase when we went out each day ( I always lock my bags and did not notice that she had not done the same) When we got home and she was proudly showing off her new purchases she opened the jewellery box to find a 'cheap crappy' ring in its place. The real ring was definitely there the day before we checked out because she had shown her uncle the night before. After reading the review from Skygirl12 it seems that there may be some sort of pattern here. Hopefully the hotel can do something about checking the trustworthiness of their housekeeping staff. It's a shame because the other staff are great and the hotel itself quite nice. I am a travel consultant so I would now be very hesitant to book any clients there in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KazNsw
Hey KazNsw,

First off, thank you for the kind words at the beginning of your review. Sounds like you had a good experience (at least at first).

In terms of the negative aspect of the review, sounds like a serious matter and what I would do is contact the hotel directly at 212-757-0088. Our excellent security team is already looking into the matter but we’d love a chance to speak with you directly in order to get as much information as possible so we can be of assistance.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I enjoy Kimpton hotels in general, but this is probably my favorite. If you are looking to be in the center of downtown-type action, then this might not be the first place I'd recommend. But the rooms are clean, large for New York, comfortable & the staff has been beyond friendly & helpful. I've stayed a few times & never been disappointed. It's walkable to subway lines or grab a cab to wherever you need to go. There's a fantastic rooftop bar (we loved the blueberry mojitos). I'd definitely stay here again while in the city & recommend it to friends!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

What a pleasure to read, we are so happy you had an awesome stay at INK48 hotel. We do have large rooms compared to the rest of NYC and I agree our staff is simply amazing. We are very engaging and ready to assist at moment’s notice.

The train walk is only a few blocks over and a great way to get the day started!

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hotel is in a great spot if you are going to be in and around Mid Town NYC. Room had a great view of Hudson river all the way to GWB. Front deck staff made me feel at Home. Room was very big great bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. Would defiantly stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher rooms give you a better view of city and Hudson river.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for the lovely review. I agree, we have amazing views of NYC and our location is phenomenal.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to INK48 in the near future.