“OK for the Business traveler…….”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #80 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“OK for the Business traveler…….”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

If I was staying on my own my rating would likely be higher, but I was traveling with my 6 year old son meeting up with my wife who had been at this property 4 nights prior. Room is nicely appointed, typical for a Kimpton property its a bit "boutique' like. My Son and I arrived on a Thursday Evening, room service menu is a bit over the top, I ask for butter noodles for my son, seemed like moving Mt. Rushmore, in the end they did the butter noodles, but way (Way!) too much butter and over the top salt. On the other hand my steak and side of vegetables was descent enough given it was room service. Lobby bar (and morning breakfast area) is not part of the ownership of the Hotel. Every Server makes this clear over and over. While waiting for my wife to get out of meetings, we hang out in the lobby lounge, I'm a Bourbon aficionado, I end up getting 3 half pours gratis because there was no more to be had. (Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, Booker's, etc). But they have 30+ Gin Labels to choose from. (I met the Bar Manager the following day, nice enough British Guy but has no clue on his clientele) .
On another note, no fault of the Hotel Staff, almost every time I walked in or out with my son, I open the (very cool 14' glass doors) let him start getting through, and someone would simply run over him with their roller bag. It got to the point I'd open the door, hold him back, and act like a Doorman to everyone else. Again not the fault of the Hotel.
We were on the 12th Floor, street noise was typical for a NYC Hotel, pillows were a bit weird (half were super soft other half too firm). We kept the thermostat at 70-but each of us was waking up cold during, the night, then being too hot an hour later. My guess there was a 4-5 degree swing in room temp up and down.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Olimpia M, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hello Roy,

It seems that you had an overall decent stay; it is great that kitchen was able to make the accommodation and make butter noodles for your child. Unfortunately this is not an item on the menu, sorry we may have over done it with the butter with the "butter noodle" order. Our menu concept is based on farm to table revolving around fresh, organic produce.

I spoke to the restaurant manager and have confirmed they are in fresh supply of Bourbon ranging from Knob Creek to Basil Hayden. I am sorry to hear that the well was dried up when you were here. The team will certainly monitor closely to assure we are in constant supply.

I will inform my director of engineering regarding the seasonal changes you experienced in your room.

I thank you for your candid feedback and it was with this we can make the proper service adjustments.

Kind Regards,

I will inform my director of engineering regarding the seasonal changes you expeirnced in your room.

I thank you for you candid feedback and it was with this we can make the proper service adjusmtents.

Didier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Polish first
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel is a remodeled printing house. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Very model design. We went to Wine/Social Hour and met some wonderful guests. It was a nice way to feel at home. The staff were very helpful. I cant wait to stay again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
We look forward to welcoming you back. "It was a nice way to feel at home"- This line alone gives us the drive and encouragement to continue to provide stellar service to all our guest. Happy to hear you were able to enjoy wine hour and meet some fellow guest.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was our second visit to this awesome hotel - and it was even better than the first! Living in NJ, we often drive into the city for a night out. Right from when we pulled up, the valet and doormen were more than welcoming - smiling and greeting us like old friends. Then we encountered Stephen at the front desk, who was friendly, informative, and helpful. He made sure we knew about the Wine Hour, and all the other special touches and complimentary treats the hotel provides. He asked a lot of questions about our interest and the purpose of our trip. During this exchange, he found out about a particular concert we were attending. He wrote it down as he remembered some other guests were interested in that type of music. He was going to contact them and inform them about it! I was very impressed with that as it told me that his interest in us was genuine and he would be keeping us in mind should something come up - just as he did with others. Stephen also asked us if we wanted to move to a higher floor than originally reserved. At no cost, he moved us to the 17th floor, with huge windows and a beautiful view of the city. He warned us of a little noise from the bar on the 16th, but it wasn't anything we couldn't sleep through. The rooms are awesome, large for NYC hotels - even the smallest room there is larger than a typical hotel in the city. Although there are lots of cool hotels in the city, its the service that makes this hotel stand out. We really enjoy staying here and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so happy that we are connecting with you in a genuine way. Stephen is a true hospitality ambassador and once again he shows us why he is a valued team member to KIMPTON NATION. I am glad you have found a home away from home. I will certainly share your comments with all the team members at INK48.

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 6, 2014

INK48 is a great boutique hotel. It was recommended to me by local business for the weekend and I was been taken care of very well. Nice comfortable room, great staff! The restaurant is good for a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to INK48. I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A fantastic hotel that I could not recommend highly enough. The rooms are exceptional with amazing views across the city. Very large and comfortable beds (city king room.)
The staff at the Kimpton were excellent, especially Anthony, and the door men. Anthony was extremely helpful when we were sorting out tickets to a basketball game and was always attentive to anything we needed. Also the doormen are extremely helpful with taxis and advice on distances to an from certain places. I would not look at another hotel in NY and will return in the summer and advise the same to anybody I know who is going. We stayed on the 15th floor and would request the same again. We were street facing and had no issues whatsoever with noise!

Room Tip: 1505 was amazing!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank You for the kind words and review,

I will certainly share this wonderful feedback with the team members. I am happy to read that you had an excellent stay at INK48.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

During this dreadfully extended winter, my husband and I stayed for two nights as a "staycation" and I can't think of a better hotel choice! From the moment we arrived, the staff was warm, knowledgeable and helpful, encouraging us to take advantage of the 5 p.m. wine tasting that was happening right then around the corner in the impeccably lit back lobby enclave. (It happens every day, as well as organic coffee and tea each morning.)

The room blew us away. We upgraded to the Hudson Suite, and it was phenomenal. The entire wall of windows in the separate sitting and bedroom areas overlooked the Hudson River, and the bedroom had an additional northern view of the skyline. The decor was modern and warm, though because it was winter and half the walls were windows, the room did get cold quickly without the heat on. (So we just kept it on.)

The spacious bathroom had a huge soaking tub separate from the shower. Perfect for if you want to take advantage of the on-site spa. I got a massage and though it's a little overpriced for an average experience, the atmosphere is nice and you can't beat the convenience of just an elevator ride back to your room. There aren't a lot of spa options nearby, so might be worth it to stay in.

The overall service at this Kimpton was stellar. Everyone was kind and eager to assist. Justin at the front desk was particularly gracious during our stay, giving us helpful advice and generally making himself available to our questions both days we were there. We felt very taken care of, so even though we were still in our bustling home city, it felt a bit like we were transported to a resort.

We mostly stayed in. Room service is fast (a half-hour or less); the food was just OK, especially considering the price (consistently a little over salted and seasoned). Of course, that didn't stop us from ordering dinner in both nights, just so we could stay cozy in our room. Next time may try the restaurant/bar upstairs, to see if the food is any better there. Of course, if we hadn't wanted to laze around the room there are plenty of great restaurants nearby.

The comfy bed was the perfect end to each day, and great for relaxing to watch the sunset. I can't wait to staycation here again, and to look at other Kimpton Hotels elsewhere.

Green Features: I appreciated having a recycling bin in my room, and knowing that the hotel works to source sustainably. This commitment to environmentally friendly practices will impact my future hotel-booking choices.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We're simply thrilled you enjoyed your "staycation" at Ink48 so much! Our Hudson Suites are perfect for that kind of experience with the views and the giant bathrooms. Justin is a wonderful concierge and your comments about his service are much appreciated. We hope you will return for another visit very soon!
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

A great hotel. They could not have been nicer or done more for us. We stayed on the 15th floor and had a great view of the city. We chose this location in Hells Kitchen to relax away from mid town and couldn't have been happier. The hotel is a short walk to Central Park, Times Square and Broadway. Next time in NYC, do yourself a favor and stay at this hotel. Another wonderful Kimpton.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We love our Hell's Kitchen location which is out of the hustle and bustle but is just a short walk from most of the major Midtown attractions. The rooms on the upper floors do have spectacular views and it's great you enjoyed them so much. Please come back for more!