“Another GREAT Kimpton experience”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #58 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I are on a quest to stay in every Kimpton Hotel because every time we stay at one we have such a nice experience. Ink48 was no exception. We arrived a little early and not only were we able to check in right away, but also we were upgraded. We went from the 6th floor to a fabulous room on the 17th floor. The views were amazing. Floor to ceiling windows!!! The room was comfy and the whole hotel was very stylish. The staff -- every one of them -- was professional, helpful, attentive and friendly. The location was a bit quirky but it added to the charm. Even as cold as it was the walk to Times Square and the rest of NYC was fine. Would definitely recommend this hotel...in fact, I already have!!!

Room Tip: The higher the better because the views from any side are excellent
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Hello,

Many Thanks for your kind commnets. I will certtainly share with the team.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have stayed at Ink48 several times and undoubtedly, it is my favourite Kimpton property. The rooms are well equipped and comfortable, the staff, top notch and both the bar and restaurant surpass expectations.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Olimpia M, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Hello!

What an honor it is to be your favorite KIMPTON HOTEL, we will certainly work hard to maintain that ranking. Look forward to welcoming you back soon to INK48.

Stay warm this winter.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent a week at Ink48 on business, and as with all Kimptons it did not disappoint! The room was incredibly comfortable and very easy to settly into for the week, did not feel like I was living out of my suitcase. Unlike other hotels I have stayed out in NYC, I did not feel like I was staying in a closet, which is hard to do there.

I was able to come back in the evenings and be productive, food both room service and restaurant were spot on. The roof top bar is not be missed as the views are incredible and its a great way for a quick wind down.

While close to Times Square itrs far enough removed that you don't get the over flow of crowds and noise.

And as for the Staff, they are wonderful! Service always feels genuine and unforced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for your review.

All the points you made in the review make for a great hotel. Our team at INK48 works hard to create an atmospher of comfort and quality. I will certainly pass this message along to the team.

Many Thanks!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Earlier in the year, I surprised my husband of 36 years with a trip to New York (and San Francisco). We quickly decided to make it our gift to each other and after looking at all options, decided that Ink48 was the right choice of hotel for us. We called Ink48 bookings (from New Zealand) and our first impressions could not have been any better. We were greeted by a wonderful reservation consultant who could not be more helpful, friendly and charming. The deal was sealed. On arrival, very late at night on 7th December, 2013 (after travelling for 20 plus hours), we were welcomed by every staff member we met. We were congratulated on our wedding anniversary and advised that we have been given a fantastic room with a great view. The hotel, lobby etc was beautiful and our room really did exceed our expectations. To top it off, there was a lovely card congratulating us on our anniversary, bottle of bubbly on ice and two festive cupcakes waiting for us. Every staff member was wonderful, particularly house-keeping (thank you ladies for making our room so inviting to come back to every time), the décor was beautiful and well maintained and the atmosphere just made our stay in New York one to remember for a very long time. A quick 10 minute walk to Time Square, the hotel location is spot-on! Close to the square, far enough away for a restful sleep. We have shared our experience of Ink48 and it's staff to all of our friends and family. We are looking forward to our next trip to NY, we already know where we'll be staying! Congratulations Ink48 team, you are the best!

Room Tip: Our room was away from the lift, good choice. It was very peaceful resulting in a fantastic night...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Greetings,

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. The teams at INK48 Hotel are so pleased they were able to make this special trip memorable. We certainly work hard to make each encounter a positive one.

I will certainly relay the positive comments back to the team.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Excellent staff; very pet friendly; wonderful experience!! Very close to Times Square; very safe neighborhood; good restaurant---excellent food.
Awesome breathtaking view of Hudson river
Great for any NYC trip.
K Borty

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nik B

Well Hello There,

I am pleased to hear you had a great stay, I agree our views are great and the neighborhood is a culinary gem.

Come back soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I checked into ink48 and went to our room on the 10th floor. While she was getting ready to go out, I went back down to the front desk. I was helped by Anthony and I explained to him that I was about to propose to my girlfriend and wondered if there was a room with a view of the Hudson River at the rate I paid. Anthony thought for a second, then said "give me two hours." Long story short...my girlfriend and I left, I proposed, she said yes, and in 2 hours we're back at the hotel having a drink at the lobby bar. Anthony gives me a nod so I go to the front desk. He gives me a new set of room keys and says "it's all set." My fiancé and I go upstairs to the 17th floor and I open the door. We see rose petals on the floor from the door to the bed and on the bed are more rose petals in the shape of a heart. Next to the bed was a bottle of champagne. Anthony took it upon himself to upgrade us to the best suite in the hotel with a balcony overlooking the Hudson River. He did all the work and I came out looking like the man. My fiancé was blown away. Seriously what Anthony did was an integral part in making our engagement night so memorable and we'll never forget it. The way we were treated made me a believer in Kimpton hotels and I highly recommend it to anyone. This is how it should be done.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George W

Salutations,

Anthony creates memories! That is his specialty. Anthony is in tuned with the guest and his priority is to assure that everyone is having a lovely stay.

The team at INK48 work extremely hard to create “wow moments” and this is another example of what makes KIMPTON HOTELS so special.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at Ink 48 the weekend before Christmas. After walking through Times Square and battling crowds all day, it was nice to walk back to the less crowded Hell's Kitchen area. We were upgraded twice to an amazing room on the top floor (above the rooftop lounge). We had a view of the river and the docking area for cruise ships. The room was extremely clean and spacious with floor to ceiling windows. We were given $15 to "raid the mini bar" as well. I definitely recommend being an "In Touch" member because it seems they upgrade their members whenever and upgrade is available. The only negative of the top floor room was that we seemed to be situated right above the main air intake system for the building, and at times the fan sound could be heard and caused the bathroom to vibrate.

We did have a very good breakfast in the Press Room restaurant. For dinner, we were hoping for Italian food. The concierge, Steven, was extremely helpful. He asked us exactly what we were looking for and directed us to a nice Italian restaurant, gave us directions, and even called ahead to reserve a table for us.

A highlight of this hotel, not to be missed, is the lounge on the 16th floor. They have a very nice lowly lit bar area and plenty of comfortable seating (couches) throughout the space- both indoor and outdoor. Even in the cold winter, the outdoor area was very nice, complete with a fireplace and heaters. The view from the lounge is amazing- there are both city and river views.

Good Day,

Thank You for your review, we certainly do have spacious rooms and the views from most rooms are stunning.

Yes, the IN-TOUCH membership program is full of perks when you book directly through the hotel.

Please come back to visit the hotel.