“Can't beat the views”

GreenLeadersGold level
Jackson, New Jersey
“Can't beat the views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at Ink 48 the weekend before Christmas. After walking through Times Square and battling crowds all day, it was nice to walk back to the less crowded Hell's Kitchen area. We were upgraded twice to an amazing room on the top floor (above the rooftop lounge). We had a view of the river and the docking area for cruise ships. The room was extremely clean and spacious with floor to ceiling windows. We were given $15 to "raid the mini bar" as well. I definitely recommend being an "In Touch" member because it seems they upgrade their members whenever and upgrade is available. The only negative of the top floor room was that we seemed to be situated right above the main air intake system for the building, and at times the fan sound could be heard and caused the bathroom to vibrate.

We did have a very good breakfast in the Press Room restaurant. For dinner, we were hoping for Italian food. The concierge, Steven, was extremely helpful. He asked us exactly what we were looking for and directed us to a nice Italian restaurant, gave us directions, and even called ahead to reserve a table for us.

A highlight of this hotel, not to be missed, is the lounge on the 16th floor. They have a very nice lowly lit bar area and plenty of comfortable seating (couches) throughout the space- both indoor and outdoor. Even in the cold winter, the outdoor area was very nice, complete with a fireplace and heaters. The view from the lounge is amazing- there are both city and river views.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Good Day,

Thank You for your review, we certainly do have spacious rooms and the views from most rooms are stunning.

Yes, the IN-TOUCH membership program is full of perks when you book directly through the hotel.

Please come back to visit the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed @ Ink 48 in July 2012 for four nights. I loved the Kimpton Hotel so much, I made sure to stay @ another Kimpton Hotel in Los Angeles this past summer. These are my thoughts of Ink 48.
•Cool vibe
•I like that it is Pet Friendly, even though I do not have a pet. I do realize how people LOVE their "pets/family members" so thumbs up to this hotel :) I have a "niece" who is a Lab named Bailey. Just knowing that she would have been welcomed made me happy.
•Clean
•Short, nice walk to Times Square... Be vigilant walking after dark though. We were and felt safe with the nice cops and stops along the way.
•Relaxing after eventful days
•Friendly doormen
•Nice room decor
•Safe feel
•Refreshing drink in lobby tastes especially good after traveling or long, walking days around The City.
•Cool Hotel Name based on it's history
•Recommended by me? Absolutely!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rochelleol
Howdy Partner,

It was a pleasure reading your list of all the terrific things that come to mind when you think of INK48. I will share this with the team as we love to read terrific guest feedback.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

What a delightful hotel. I cannot say enough about how friendly and nice the staff is. I was there just prior to Thanksgiving when the temperature was a balmy 21 degrees! I mentioned that coming from South Florida it was quite a shock to the system - it turned out that one of the staff in reception (Justin?) had worked at a Kimpton property in Miami. I was upgraded to a beautiful corner room on the 12th floor and it was extremely well appointed. Since I was traveling alone I was a bit concerned about being in this particular area, but my fears were unfounded. I felt very comfortable there.

Had 2 lovely meals in the restaurant - both dinner and lunch were very good. And, since I had business associates with me at lunch, the staff was very good about letting us sit and talk. Try the Kale Salad - very good!

I always like being able to go down to the Lobby and have a glass of wine at the Kimpton Hotels, and this was no exception. Also, being an In Touch Member, I really love getting free wireless - more hotels should do this for their customers.

All in all a very good experience and I would highly recommend this hotel - the prices are right!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Good Morrow,

Thank You for staying with us at INK48 Hotel-

Pleased to read we were able to extend an upgrade to you and your family. I am glad all your fears were unfounded and felt comfortable to stay with us.

I will share your positive review with the team.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had read reviews that were troubled by this hotels distance from the theatre district and prime shopping, so I was a bit hesitant about booking a Room at Ink 48 rather than at 70 Park or Muse, other great Kimpton Hotels. But the location was terrific, an easy short walk from theaters and restaurants and in the opposite direction of the floods of Christmas tourists and traffic. Print Restaurant and Press Lounge - Better than expected service, food and cocktails. Room had an amazing view, comfortable and clean. Jason at the front desk has an amazing sense of how to make a hotel guest feel like "his" hotel guest.

Room Tip: 17th floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Good Evening,

I could not agree with you more, the hotels location is relatively close to the epicenter from Times Square but with enough distance to decompress from the city lights and congested streets of the broadway district.

The Press Lounge is simply superb and it is a destination on its own. The acclaimed Print Restaurant farm to table concept make it a neighborhood favorite.

Have a great day!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Another great Kimpton property! It is off the beaten path as far as Manhattan hotels go, but it is a quick 10 minute walk to the Subway and cabs are easily found outside the hotel. After staying at the typical touristy hotel locations, I actually prefer a location such as this. Because of it's location on 11th ave, the rooftop bar Press Lounge, has some of the best views of the NYC skyline. The Press Lounge is not affiliated with the hotel so do not expect to use your $15 InTouch bar credit, or receive any Inner Circle perks there. No cover, but expect to pay $12-$20 for a drink.

We arrived at noon for an early check-in, but our room was not ready until the standard 3pm check-in time. To kill some time we took our Wheaten down to the Pier 82 dog run, which is an easy 5 minute walk. It's not everyday that you can take your dog to get some exercise right next to an aircraft carrier!

Upgraded to a King Premier room on the 5th floor because of my Inner Circle status. I was told all of the suites were sold out that night even though I checked on the website that they were still selling them for that night...not a big deal. The welcome amenity consisted of two mini Ketel One bottles and 6 cookies wrapped in plastic. Slightly below average for Kimpton IC welcome amenities, which are by far the best in the industry!

The room was spacious and well designed. The Housekeeping and Bell Staff were very friendly as well. Received comp continental breakfast for two for providing the social password.

Looking forward to our upcoming Kimpton stays next week at The Hotel Wilshire and Hotel La Jolla!

1 Thank Michael C
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Well Hello there Fellow I.C Member,

I am glad to hear your overall stay was pleasant. The hotel's proximity to one of the world most famous Air Craft Carrier (The Intrepid) is definitely well worth a visit. I will certainly pass your kind message along to the door man and housekeeping staff.

I will note your reservation and make sure we step up our IC amenity for you and you do not seem to be a fan of our freshly baked cookies. :-(

Look forward to welcoming you back to INK48.

Happy Holidays
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Excellent 2bed room w/great view of the West side on the 12th floor. Pretty friendly front desk staff. Very friendly housekeeping staff.

With Kimpton InTouch membership, you receive a $10 mini bar coupon, a spa coupon and free internet.

Very close to the Daily Show and the Colbert Report and restaurants on 9th and 10th; but a few long blocks from the subway.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Chanfucious
Olimpia M, General Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
"Hip, contemporary, casual ambiance and very comfortable beds!" what a great headline to describe our hotel. I will certainly pass your message along to the housekeeping & front desk team, they work particularly hard to assist guest.

Happy Holidays!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed at Ink48 for our honeymoon and could not recommend it enough. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are a really good size for NYC. There are lots of special touches that add to your stay such as 'wine hour' and the complimentary drinks in the morning. The best bit about the hotel however is the staff. They were so helpful and knowledgable about the area and really made us feel welcome. The service really is great, Justin, Stephen and Will in particular really looked after us and helped us to make the most of our stay. The roof top bar was booked out for most of our stay for private functions so we only got to pop and have a look, the bar was lovely, so it's a shame we couldn't use it during our stay but I'm sure we will be back. Room service was pricey but good! It was our first stay with the Kimpton group and it won't be our last.

1 Thank Louise L
Welcome to KIMPTON NATION!

I am glad to hear that you will be back to Kimpton Hotels and you enjoyed your stay with us. The team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Happy Holidays