“Ink48 Hotel has great New York Skyline views”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #59 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ink48 has great views of the New York Skyline and nice modern rooms. This trip I was looking across town from the west side towards Times Square and could see the flickering of the Times Square lights in the distance between the buildings.
The staff are friendly and efficient and although it's a short walk from the main attractions, it's nice to get away from the main hustle and bustle and walk back in the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city provide a great skyline view of New York.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Well Hello There,

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed all that our Hotel has to offer.

Merci Beaucoup!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, and we are huge fans of the Kimpton hotels, but this was just ok. It was very nice looking, and the concierge was friendly, but the room was just ok, considering that this place was more expensive than the Waldorf Astoria that night, it really wasn't worth it. The location was not that great and it was just overpriced in general. I still love the Kimpton hotels, but will pass on this one in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HusnaO
Olimpia M, Owner at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Welcome,

I'm sorry that your experience wasn't perfect. We make every effort to create a discrete retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The hotel is located just a few avenues away from ecentric energy of Time Square and many of our guest find it a great sanctuary upon arriving from a busy day in town.

The hotel offers a great added value that is rarely found in New York City. From our sweeping views of the Press Lounge on the roof top to our acclaimed farm to table concept restaurant called Print.

I do hope that your travels take you back to New York City in the near future and you give us another shot...

Thanks

Warm Regards

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I made the trip to NYC to celebrate our first wedding anniversary over the Columbus Day weekend. We had been married in NYC the year before and wanted to go back for our first anniversary. We were interested in trying somewhere new so we decided to stay at Ink48 - we had actually considered renting out their rooftop lounge for our wedding but decided to go with a different location.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were quickly checked into our room. The room was a good size but was not near what I expected for the price. We've stayed at several other NYC hotels whose rooms are larger, nicer and less money. The decor was worn, the bedspread/pillowcases were dirty and the room was extremely noisy at night. I realize it is NYC but we've stayed in Times Square over New Years and the noise was minimal compared to what we experienced at Ink 48. The hotel is also quite a ways away from 'the touristy' aspects of NYC which we never get tired of. With this in mind, I would expect better room rates due to the lack of convenience. Needless to say, I was disappointed in the value for my money.

Furthermore, the day of our anniversary my husband went to the Concierge and asked if he could book a reservation for dinner at the hotel we got married at. He made a point of mentioning that we were celebrating our first anniversary and that he wanted a bottle of champagne at the table when we arrived. The concierge made the reservation but failed to mention to the restaurant that it was our anniversary. When we arrived, my husband was disappointed when the champagne wasn't waiting and the staff knew nothing about our anniversary. Thankfully, the staff were extremely accommodating and brought a bottle of champagne (and some extra goodies) promptly.

We are already planning our next trip to NYC and are certain we will not visit Ink48 again. The one positive is the rooftop lounge. It really is a phenomenal space but get there early or you won't get a seat!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

I am sorry about the experience you had at INK48, this is truly not indicative of the stellar service we have been accustomed to providing to our guest. I will certainly pass the message along to the team and use this as a training tool.

We do hope that you visit us again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me once your reservation is made, I will assure your previous experience is not repeated.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at the rooftop lounge. For a Friday night, I was sort of surprised by how easy it was go get a drink at the bar. While prices may seem on the higher end, the refreshments were delicious and BIG. Definitely recommend!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pvasilionak
Olimpia M, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind words!

I am happy to hear you had a great experience at PRESS lounge. We look forward to having you back.

Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is lovely :-) big rooms, big bed, great service and great location! It's the sort of place where you want to spend time in your room as well as out exploring. The bar on the 17th floor is also fantastic! We've been once before and we'll be back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for your positive review! We are so happy we were able to meet all your expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon!

The Team

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The only reason I give this place two stars is the cleanliness and the views. I am currently spending two nights in Ink 48 hotel and would like to express an extreme disappointment with the service. The staff has been unfriendly, inconsistent with their promises and at times ignorant to my requests. I have stayed in a few Kimptons before and I always choose these hotels for the excellent service. I arrived early after a red eye flight and was welcomed by sour faces who would not at times even look at me, just point at the direction. I booked a massage at 1.30 and checked in at 3 to realize my room had cigarette smoke. I called the front desk, which would not even apologize for the inconvenience and promised they will send a humidifier to solve the problem. 30 minutes later my luggage was not in my room yet, I walked down and another employee moved me to another room. After running back and forth five times to figure out how to get my coat from my old room(my keys were not working.), I finally settled in my new room which had the smallest window, but on the quieter side of the building. The employee who changed rooms for me insisted they send me wine and fruits to make up for the ordeal. They have not arrived a day later yet. I just walked into the restaurant at 10.47 to ask to have dinner and was told that last seating is at 10.45 and the kitchen is closed. Really? I have traveled and stayed in numerous hotels and this is by far the first time Kimpton has been such a disappointment. Last time in New York, we stayed at Eventi and had excellent experience, but decided to try something new. What a mistake! I love New York and will be back, but not at this hotel!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Good Aftenoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your constructive criticism is valued, and it is one of the best ways for us to understand how we can enhance your guest experience in the future. Your comments will be passed along to each department involved, and please let me know if you would like to talk. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay.

I can be reached at:

Olimpia Mordan |Hotel Manager
Direct: 646.572.7418 | Olimpia.Mordan@Ink48.com

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wanted a place near the Intrepid Aircraft Carrier Museum and this hotel is 1 block away! Part of the Kimpton group of 4 hotels in NYC. Loved the hotel and the staff. The Loyalty Program pays off get a few perks. Rooms were super nice and the bathroom is probably more spacious than some hotel rooms! It is located at 48th and 11th so this is not the center of the city. The rooftop bar is really over the top what an awesome view of the city and the river. Loved the whole experience. Junior Suite large enough for family of 4.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Welcome,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it is wonderful to hear that your experience was a positive one! We are glad you found our location to be ideal and that your room met your expectations.

Look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards..