3,447 results
All reviewshell's kitchenpress loungerooftop barhudson riverhudson suitestephen fieldwine hourwest sidetimes squarenew yorkintrepid museumcity viewwine receptionjavits centerfloor to ceiling windowsbottle of champagnefew blocks
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We selected Ink48 for a 9 day NY stay after viewing many NY hotel reviews on Trip Advisor. Being summer we were looking for a modern clean hotel preferably with a rooftop bar, large rooms and close proximity to the city. Ink48 (A Kimpton hotel) delivered all of the above. The rooftop bar (not cheap) has fantastic views across to the city skyline which is awesome at night. Our room was spotlessly clean and large, allowing us to spread out the growing amount of shopping bags! Room service was excellent...we left a $2 tip every day and $5 on our last day. Proximity to local restaurants and subway was only 2 blocks away and we enjoyed walking the distance through various NY streets to gain an insight of everyday NY living. This is a great hotel...a bit pricy, but that’s NY....look for special discounts if available.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor away from road noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NigelandLiz
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A nice modern hotel with a trendy vibe is hard to find in midtown at anything close to reasonable price. On these factors ink48 is a winner. The rooftop bar is fabulous and the rooms are modern, many with good city views. A great hotel for someone looking for something different. That said, Hell's Kitchen is still an up and coming area and has its flaw backs. It's a cab ride away from everything.... But if you can live with that you'll like this place!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is the fourth time I have stayed at a Kimpton hotel, and I have to say that the experience was wonderful and consistent with what I had experienced elsewhere. I spent 4 wonderful nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The rooms were surprisingly big for NYC (King room) - and considering I had a basic room, it was one of the largest I have stayed in, in the city.

The location is great for people who are familiar with the city and are there for a quick getaway. It is far enough from the very touristy spots yet close enough to get to some hot spots.

There are some wonderful bars/restaurants in the area - the nightlife is excellent and accessible.

I will def stay here again.

The only downside however, was being woken up by a foghorn on 2 mornings...

But the overall experience was wonderful.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ink 48, pre cruise. What a special hotel, made even more special because of the staff. Stephen, a concierge at the front desk made sure we enjoyed the hotel and knew where to eat without breaking the bank! He went out of his way at every turn, even was able to upgrade us to higher floor! My thanks for a special 3 days!

The room was spacious and beautifully appointed! The evening wine hour was very nice as was their breakfast in the dining room. As others have said a trip to the rooftop bar is not to be missed!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I love Kimpton hotels. I've stayed at nearly 20 different properties this year alone, and I really enjoy Ink48. The Hudson View suites are really the only way to go. They are massive, have a great living area, and a fantastic view of the Hudson (and the Intrepid Museum).

You're only a couple blocks from some great dining options in Hells Kitchen, and far enough away from the insanity that is Times Square and the surround Midtown craziness. Close your eyes for a minute and you may forget you're in NYC.

Be sure to join the Kimpton InTouch program, so you get free wifi, a mini-bar credit, and other great perks.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business