“A different view of Manhattan”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #74 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've been at INK48 for one week and I had a good experience.
The hotel is modern and I got a good offer on internet.
The room were big enough and clean.
I suggest this hotel to people that know already NYC and that would like to stay in a not turistic zone of the City.
The Subway is not so close (6 block) but you can take easily the bus that pass in the same street of the hotel to go uptown or downtown.
The hotel has a bar on the roof terrace that is fantastic! the view is sublime and I suggest to visit it for a cocktail!
The breakfast was not included in our package but is provided if you want.
We didn't try it as in the neighborhood there are really good bakery and a espresso bar (I'm Italian).
When I'll visit NYC again I think I will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our family of four had a great stay at this hotel. We loved being able to walk to great restaurants, the theater district and Times Square. The room was clean and the staff helpful. We had no trouble getting cabs. The rooftop bar had excellent vistas.

Room Tip: HIgh up and facing away from 11th.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We have made a habit of staying at Ink48 when we come to the city for a theater night. The hotel is about a mile from both Central Park and the theater district so the location is good (though the immediately surrounding area is nothing exciting). Ink48 is exactly what a boutique hotel should be: chic, intimate, sophisticated, beautiful, impeccably clean with top notch service. They offer a government rate for federal employees which makes it very affordable (points off for $65 overnight parking though). The rooftop Press Lounge is beautiful and airy, with an amazing view of the city though service is a bit slow. Highly recommend dining at the restaurant PRINT--it's amazing! My only complaint is the street noise if you're staying on one of the lower floors. Stay as high as possible! Overall, one of our favorite places in the city to stay. We'll be back, no doubt!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kirsten W
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed last Friday evening for a belated birthday. I received a bottle of sparkling wine in the room and I was upgraded to the 17th floor. I had a gorgeous city view with high ceilings and full windows. I also got a chance to "spin the wheel" at the front desk as a Kimpton In Touch member and won another $15 in Raid the Minibar credits!!This was my 1st time at Ink 48 but I have stayed at the other Kimpton properties in NY (The Muse, Park 70, and Eventi). Ink 48 is a far west as you can get so the location is a bit out of the way but fine if you don't mind walking a few blocks to the subway. I prefer it though to the congested, touristy Times Square area.

We had an issue with the safe upon arrival but two extremely nice gentlemen from security were up within 5 minutes and fixed it. We also encountered numerous helpful employees at check in and in passing in the hallways. As a tip- I parked at a garage near the Skyline Motel for only $38 for 24 hours. This was 1-2 blocks away versus the $55 to valet.

My only minor complaint was the 5-6pm happy hour which was served in a dark corner of the lobby and no food was provided. At the Eventi last year it was wonderful with an assortment of fresh fruit, cheeses, etc to accompany the wine. However, we turned a negative into a positive and had great margaritas at the Print restaurant bar.

I definitely would stay again!

Room Tip: definitely a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

INK48, great hotel in the far west side of Manhattan. For those unfamiliar with Manhattan, the INK48 is practically on the edge of the city by the Hudson river in the immediate neighborhood that offers nothing for visitors (except, unfortunately a few sketchy blocks). Having said that, once you are in the hotel, the total experience is wonderful. For those willing to walk, the theater district, restaurant row and NYC hot gay neighborhood Hells Kitchen are within 10-15 min. The beautiful rooftop bar makes great use of indoor and outdoor space but it does not offer the option of charging to you room. It does however afford spectacular areal view of midtown and the Hudson river. Our room on the 3rd floor unfortunately has no view to speak of. On the upside, it was quite spacious in a long and narrow layout. Lots of storage space. The bathroom is quite large with lots of counter space and a separate alcove for toilet. The sink had a faucet that was awkwardly placed to the right instead of in the middle and not far enough out. The lobby restaurant is beautifully designed by David Rockwell with a high Zagat rating. I enjoyed lunch there. Front desk staff are extremely friendly and charming but the complimentary coffee seemed to have an "off" moment. I was in the bathroom and unavailable with the do not disturb clearly indicated when he knocked on the door. I was not inclined to try to shout to him from the bathroom so he kept knocking. Eventually, he just walked into the room and offered me the coffee. At which point, I told him I did not require any at that time. Good intentions but really bad execution.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were here for a week. Originally on the 6th floor as it was sold out the Friday we got there, but the staff were amazing and put us up on the 15th floor (with the best view) on the Sunday for the rest of the week. Both rooms were contemporary and good size for a couple. The staff were super friendly and helpful (one of the daytime concierges was a bit questionable but overall the staff were great). They have free bikes for guests to use but they are really popular and hard to get - you are better off hiring one from Al's on 10th. The decor in this place is pretty cool, trendy and tidy. I'm not a cab person so location was OK if you are prepared for walking a bit - great spot if you like cycling. Felt very welcome here! The only real downside was the noise of the air conditioner...a tad too loud in the rooms when they were on.

Room Tip: East facing rooms will give you the Manhattan skyline view
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here on a weekend when the hotel was being used to film some cable show. This turned into mobs of obnoxious people in the lobby, self-absorbed TV assistants in the elevators, and a generally un-relaxing feeling in the area. They were gone on the 2nd day we were around, and things improved 100%.

Location is very good; it's only 15 minutes' walk to Port Authority, which makes buses to/from EWR very accessible. Restaurants on 10th and 9th Ave were extremely numerous, and there's a superb ice cream place just down the street.

I've never stayed on the West Side before, so all of my knowledge of where subway stations are, or which numbered line we should take to go where are bad. But the hotel's concierges actually were helpful (go to *this* diner, not *that* diner, etc.), and the walk we took along the Hudson River on the morning we went home put me into that wonderful, "why don't I live here" reverie I love about being in Manhattan.

And it wasn't insanely expensive. One thing to say: if you get the "view of Manhattan skyline" rooms, it is true that the upper half of your view is exactly that. The lower half? It's the roof of some parking lots, and the sign for the Comfort Inn across the street. Gotta love life in the city...

Room Tip: I'm unconvinced that the "view" room is worth it. In particular, there's lots of...
1  Thank melted_snowball