“Nice hotel in Hell's Kitchen”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #80 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Paris
“Nice hotel in Hell's Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

A stylish 4* hotel in the heart of Hell's Kitchens. The rooms are big and comfortable with extra large bath rooms. The hotel has a beautiful rooftop bar with a nice lounge are. A perfect stay for a short NYC business trip or holiday. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chayato

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Polish first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Awesome hotel, beautifully equipped bedrooms with a fantastic view of the NY skyline.
Staff friendly and helpful without being 'over the top'
Well placed for a base to explore Hells Kitchen

Make sure you visit the 14th floor.

When back in New York I'd definitely stay at Ink48 again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Airdrie, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very modern, comfortable city centre hotel about 10-15mins walk from Times Sq. Staff very helpful and efficient without being intrusive and really appreciated the free wine reception each early evening after walking around the city in a heatwave. Only negative was that we didn't even get to see the rooftop bar and terrace as it was closed for private functions on both days we were staying- real pity and a bit annoying as the description of the excellent views was one of the reasons we booked this hotel. Otherwise we had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FussyScot
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello FussyScot,

Thank you for sharing your review, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel near Time Square. Great views from the roof top bar at night of the City and the Hudson River. The bar on top of the hotel myst be a very popular place , based on the number of people attending. The rooms are very modern, with great views. They also have a very nice lounge in the lobby next to the restaurant . You will need to go few blocks to find some nice shopping, unless you're looking for a car. Very close to a lot of very good restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Bill1007,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel’s service, location and accommodations. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

As a frequent visitor to the City, I've come to appreciate and judge based upon the standards given space, noise, location, etc. Ink48 is quickly becoming a favorite place for me, despite the location (it's a bit out of the way in Hell's Kitchen for my needs.) Penn Station is about 20 minutes away- subway (1).
Rooms are clean, well appointed, standard size, beds are comfortable, all linens are very nice/soft. Robes (animal print) for the bathrooms, products are CO Bigelow. The bathroom was large for NYC - a nice treat, layout was functional. If you are traveling with colleagues or friends the door is smoked glass, part of the wall as well, some of the modest/privacy folk may want to opt for separate rooms- it doesn't bother me in the least. My room faced north so I had a striking Hudson River View and could see the GWB, that was lovely. There was a cruise ship also docked at the time I checked in, but it was gone later. Daily wine reception in the lobby, a special treat - a local author was on for a book signing, I really enjoyed that! I did not eat at the restaurant, I did have a drink at Press Lounge - oddly, last call was early - I believe because the bar on the roof was open. I did also go up to the 16th floor to the roof bar for a drink, but did not stay long- space inside was limited (partially enclosed) and it was raining, so that was partially why it was crowded... Beautiful views of Time Square & the Empire State Building were very nice. I'll be back & hopefully the weather will cooperate.
This property accommodates guests with pets, I thought that was sweet... I do not have allergies and it does not deter me from wanting to stay again in the future. Staff are friendly, helpful.. Rooms are great, hallways clean. It's a WINNER!

Room Tip: Kimpton is very accommodating, ask for a room based on your preferences & they will do their bes...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello 1IrishLass,

Thank you very much for sharing this review. We are beyond delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the service as well as the views of the hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Because I've had great experiences with Kimpton properties, I booked here when the Eventi in New York was sold out, even though this added a cab ride versus other hotel brands closer to my business meeting. Nothing about my experience was special. The decor and amenities were typically cool, but my room was just three floors up and facing the highest volume street traffic so noise was a problem. Only in town one night, but from arrival to departure I was just a person spending money there, not a special guest like I have felt at other Kimptons. Won't be going back.

Room Tip: Upper floors, preferably facing river but not facing 11th avenue
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WarrenShoe
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked this hotel for 5 day stays last week based on the majority positive reviews. I wished I had read the review posted by ellieinboston on February 24, 2013 before I booked the hotel.
The design of hotel is modern, the room is clean and the staff is friendly. Unfortunately our room is located in the 5th floor and it faces 11th avenue which was very noisy through the night. You probably will lose 3-4 hours of sleep if you are not a deep sleeper. There was a night club nearby, we can still hear noise on the street... The staff told me that ALL rooms with two double beds(good for a family stay) are facing the 11th avenue. This hotel might be good for individual stay or couples but not for a group of 3 - 4 persons if your room is not in the higher floor.
This is our first stay with Kimpton hotel, the experience was kind of disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor when you book the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family