“OK. nothing more”

GreenLeadersGold level
Warsaw, Poland
“OK. nothing more”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is accommodating conferencess and business events so if you are seeiking calm quiet place -it's not it for sure.
Very crowded with people in suits, loud lobby most of the time.
Lobby bar is closed at 22.30 so if you want a relaxing drink after a long day out you will have to go to the roof top bar. Which pretty crowded as well. But the view is really nice.

Once tried ordering a bottle of wine they serve during wine hour for free (5-6 pm).
We were told the price is $20 but in fact they meant $20 for a glasses and $49 for the bottle. Honestly - wine was not that good, definitely not worth the price. So we gave up and went to a wine bar in the neighborhood. Did not regret :)

The interior and rooms are nice.
Service is soso - they do the job but you kinda feel guilty for disturbing them.

Had breakfast in the hotel once, paid like $60 for French toast, salmon bagel tea, coffe and juice. Nothing outstanding. As hotel is in Hell's kitchen district full of nice restaurants, bars and cafes just walk two blocks to 44&1/2 or any other cafe and have more food for half a price

So if you have other options - use them.

Tip on location: hotel is surrounded with car dealers so check the street view on google maps as it doesn't look pretty.
about 20 min walk to the 5th avenue

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jun0jun0
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello jun0jun0,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are sorry you experienced these difficulties. We do our best to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay through our service and amenities and will use your comment as we continue to work towards this goal. We hope to have a second chance to show you the quality hotel experience you deserve.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Polish first
Irvine, California
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We arrived after a grueling red-eye from the west coast at 7:30 am, and were told by a friendly, welcoming staff member that a room was ready for us. Amazing! Upstairs to the 14th floor we went, weary and worn, and walked into the most beautiful, pleasing, spotless, contemporary room with a full wall of window that showcased the Hudson River, the Intrepid Carrier and the Enterprise space shuttle. We were so happy! We had fully expected to check luggage and trudge the city until 3pm at which time we would get a room, but we were showered, rested and on our way to enjoy our day by 10:00am. Ink48 saved an entire day by their great service! We had free internet service, excellent room service, were a walk away from the water taxi, running and biking paths (you can even borrow a bicycle from the hotel) and lots of other great places. The price was right in our budget, and the hotel was 5 STAR. We will definitely be back. You should stay at this hotel. You will be very glad you did.

Room Tip: The 14th floor facing the Hudson was fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chris D, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Backbayrow,

Thank you for taking the time to review, it is greatly appreciated. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed the spaciousness of the room. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for getting around the rest of the city. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights over NYC 2012.
I spent months researching with hotel to stay in NYC as we were coming from Australia and it was my 21st so we did want to splurge. This hotel was all my dreams come true.
The view from my City View room was just what I wanted - to wake up to the NYC skyline. We didn't close the blinds once!
The room was massive and the bathroom was the biggest bathroom I've found in a hotel.
The room was cleaned spotless everyday (we did have a fair bit of mess and young travellers!).
The Press Lounge on the rooftop was incredible, the pictures do not do that view justice!!
Some nice touches the hotel did that really impressed me:
-I recieved wine, chocolates and NYC top on our arrival for my birthday.
-We drank two massive bottles of water from fridge that were $7 each, and they said they would drop that charge at check out.
-I saw on some travel site that the hotel would offer 15% off if it was your birthday about 3 months after I had booked/paid for the room. I email the hotel and explained the situation. They let me know that the room rate with the 15% off is still higher than what I paid for as I got 25% off for booking in advance. However she refunded me 110$. She did not need to do this at all, I was only inquirying.
All these things made us feel special and made us LOVE LOVE LOVE ink48.
I recommend ink48 to anyone going to NYC for a stylish, conventient hotel with a million dollar view.
THANK YOU!

Room Tip: City view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Dani91c,

Thank you so much for sharing this review. We are thrilled to hear you had a memorable stay. I am happy you found the room to be comfortable and enjoyed the view. We do our best to ensure every guest receives the quality hospitality you deserve. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My new favourite hotel in New York, and definitely in my US top 5 list! This hotel is gorgeous, while a bit out of the way (but a quick walk to Time Square), it is unassuming from the outside. Even from booking, the team at Ink48 are amazing and accommodating, going above and beyond to give you the best experience (I hear this is common of the Kimpton hotels, of which Ink48 is part of). They are friendly and fun, and have great recommendations. The rooms are AMAZING. Huge for NY standards, and great views. The beds are SO comfortable, and the bathrooms are quite large. The fun bathrobes and yoga kits are a great bonus! If you're a coffee-before-anything-else person like I am, they'll bring up a K-cup coffee machine to your room no trouble (you just need to ask). They have coffee in the lobby in the mornings, and wine in the evenings. The rooftop bar at Ink48 is unreal! Spectacular views, and though the drinks are a bit pricy (this may be NY common), it is well worth it. Lots of comfortable outdoor sofas, and again, the staff are amazing. Free wireless too, just join their free loyalty program and you're set (I found it worked quite well). I'm already looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I like higher floors myself, and ask the clerk for their "best view." River and city views...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KaseyR
Hello KaseyR,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear that enjoyed your stay. Each of your comments are very helpful to our team, as we constantly reviewing ways we can better assist our guest. We hope we will see you at Kimpton again next time you are in NYC.

We hope you visit us again soon

South Africa
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This Hotel is quirky, trendy, modern and clean with a very upmarket feel, like several other Kimpton Hotels we have stayed at. The staff are very attentive and helpful.
In the context of NY where Hotels are outrageously expensive this property represents good value for money.
The Hotel is located on 11th Ave and 48th Street about six blocks from Time Square, but just outside the noisy hustle and bustle. I think it is one of the easiest places in NY to find a cab. Cab drivers are also mostly happy to take you there even during rush hour. It is within walking distance of almost any theatre in Time Square.
The rooms have a very good view of Time Square. There is a bar on the 30th Floor with great views of the City, the Hudson River and NJ. The Hotel Restaurant is also quite good.
The only drwaback with the Hotel's location is that there is nothing of interest within a radius of about four blocks. But if you're going to the theatre, the Hotel is just so much newer, cleaner and more personal than anything in Time Square - and so much quieter.
Ther are also quite a few interesting, trendy restaurarants (at reasonable prices for NY) in the nearby Hell's Kitchen area between the Hotel and Time Square. The Diner on 43rd and 11th is a convenient place to eat breakfast and has an authentic NY feeling with good service at reasonable prices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Levenberg
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello Levenberg,

Thank you very much for your detailed review from your stay, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad you had an exceptional vacation with your family at Kimpton; also enjoyed the accommodating and friendly service from our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Ink48 hotel ticks all the boxes: bright, modern and spacious rooms, nice restaurant and bar and a great and well mannered staff always ready to help. Special mention to Jason, who would go out of his way to make sure guests are happy with their stay. I'm in NYC often for business and always stay at Ink48. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Thomas L
Hello Thomas L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, it is greatly appreciated. It’s such a joy to read that we delivered on a memorable experience and I look forward to sharing this with the Kimpton staff.

We hope you visit us again soon.

London
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is decent and quite reasonable. The bedroom size is good and all in all no complaints. Everyone seems nice and helpful. The rooftop bar is really great with wonderful views. It's not too far from Times Square. I like the fact that there are low buildings around; it give the sense of space and openness.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello irishsalsa,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our location to be convenient. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.