“NYC hotel dreams come true”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #69 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights over NYC 2012.
I spent months researching with hotel to stay in NYC as we were coming from Australia and it was my 21st so we did want to splurge. This hotel was all my dreams come true.
The view from my City View room was just what I wanted - to wake up to the NYC skyline. We didn't close the blinds once!
The room was massive and the bathroom was the biggest bathroom I've found in a hotel.
The room was cleaned spotless everyday (we did have a fair bit of mess and young travellers!).
The Press Lounge on the rooftop was incredible, the pictures do not do that view justice!!
Some nice touches the hotel did that really impressed me:
-I recieved wine, chocolates and NYC top on our arrival for my birthday.
-We drank two massive bottles of water from fridge that were $7 each, and they said they would drop that charge at check out.
-I saw on some travel site that the hotel would offer 15% off if it was your birthday about 3 months after I had booked/paid for the room. I email the hotel and explained the situation. They let me know that the room rate with the 15% off is still higher than what I paid for as I got 25% off for booking in advance. However she refunded me 110$. She did not need to do this at all, I was only inquirying.
All these things made us feel special and made us LOVE LOVE LOVE ink48.
I recommend ink48 to anyone going to NYC for a stylish, conventient hotel with a million dollar view.
THANK YOU!

Room Tip: City view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris D, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hello Dani91c,

Thank you so much for sharing this review. We are thrilled to hear you had a memorable stay. I am happy you found the room to be comfortable and enjoyed the view. We do our best to ensure every guest receives the quality hospitality you deserve. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Thank you and travel safely.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,257)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My new favourite hotel in New York, and definitely in my US top 5 list! This hotel is gorgeous, while a bit out of the way (but a quick walk to Time Square), it is unassuming from the outside. Even from booking, the team at Ink48 are amazing and accommodating, going above and beyond to give you the best experience (I hear this is common of the Kimpton hotels, of which Ink48 is part of). They are friendly and fun, and have great recommendations. The rooms are AMAZING. Huge for NY standards, and great views. The beds are SO comfortable, and the bathrooms are quite large. The fun bathrobes and yoga kits are a great bonus! If you're a coffee-before-anything-else person like I am, they'll bring up a K-cup coffee machine to your room no trouble (you just need to ask). They have coffee in the lobby in the mornings, and wine in the evenings. The rooftop bar at Ink48 is unreal! Spectacular views, and though the drinks are a bit pricy (this may be NY common), it is well worth it. Lots of comfortable outdoor sofas, and again, the staff are amazing. Free wireless too, just join their free loyalty program and you're set (I found it worked quite well). I'm already looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I like higher floors myself, and ask the clerk for their "best view." River and city views...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KaseyR
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hello KaseyR,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear that enjoyed your stay. Each of your comments are very helpful to our team, as we constantly reviewing ways we can better assist our guest. We hope we will see you at Kimpton again next time you are in NYC.

We hope you visit us again soon

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This Hotel is quirky, trendy, modern and clean with a very upmarket feel, like several other Kimpton Hotels we have stayed at. The staff are very attentive and helpful.
In the context of NY where Hotels are outrageously expensive this property represents good value for money.
The Hotel is located on 11th Ave and 48th Street about six blocks from Time Square, but just outside the noisy hustle and bustle. I think it is one of the easiest places in NY to find a cab. Cab drivers are also mostly happy to take you there even during rush hour. It is within walking distance of almost any theatre in Time Square.
The rooms have a very good view of Time Square. There is a bar on the 30th Floor with great views of the City, the Hudson River and NJ. The Hotel Restaurant is also quite good.
The only drwaback with the Hotel's location is that there is nothing of interest within a radius of about four blocks. But if you're going to the theatre, the Hotel is just so much newer, cleaner and more personal than anything in Time Square - and so much quieter.
Ther are also quite a few interesting, trendy restaurarants (at reasonable prices for NY) in the nearby Hell's Kitchen area between the Hotel and Time Square. The Diner on 43rd and 11th is a convenient place to eat breakfast and has an authentic NY feeling with good service at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Levenberg
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hello Levenberg,

Thank you very much for your detailed review from your stay, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad you had an exceptional vacation with your family at Kimpton; also enjoyed the accommodating and friendly service from our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Ink48 hotel ticks all the boxes: bright, modern and spacious rooms, nice restaurant and bar and a great and well mannered staff always ready to help. Special mention to Jason, who would go out of his way to make sure guests are happy with their stay. I'm in NYC often for business and always stay at Ink48. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas L

Hello Thomas L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, it is greatly appreciated. It’s such a joy to read that we delivered on a memorable experience and I look forward to sharing this with the Kimpton staff.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is decent and quite reasonable. The bedroom size is good and all in all no complaints. Everyone seems nice and helpful. The rooftop bar is really great with wonderful views. It's not too far from Times Square. I like the fact that there are low buildings around; it give the sense of space and openness.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello irishsalsa,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our location to be convenient. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at Ink 48 at the start of the year and I was very impressed with my stay.

When we arrived we were greeted and advised that we had an upgrade. The view from our view was amazing and the set up was really nice. It was one of the better hotel rooms I have stayed in.

The location was very good, 5-10 min walk from time square.

I would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello woodmap,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, your comment is very helpful to our team as we constantly reviewing ways we can better assist our guest. Thank you for choosing us.

We hope to visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I am so accustomed to hotel rooms in New York being tiny. This one was spacious and included a great view. The downstairs bar is lovely and they even have a happy hour. We got breakfast at the cafe up the block. Clean, friendly, and enjoyable. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello queenbuzzle,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. We are thrilled to hear you had a memorable stay. I am happy you found the room to be comfortable and enjoyed the view. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.