Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Skyline Hotel(New York City)
  • Pool
414 Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Cachet Boutique(New York City)
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Pod Times Square(New York City)
3,329 results
All reviewshell's kitchenpress loungerooftop barhudson riverhudson suitestephen fieldwine hourtimes squarewest sidenew yorkintrepid museumwine receptioncity viewnyc skylinejavits centersoaking tubfloor to ceiling windows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Having lived in Manhattan for 10 years - and returned two to three times a year every year since for work - I've lived in lots of places and stayed at lots of hotels. In recent years, I've stayed so many times in lousy midtown hotels I've almost developed a phobia about them, particularly the dark, noisy, pseudo-hip, coffin-sized dumps near my office. I was so tired of these hotels, and so sick of the crowds of Times Square generally, I was almost starting to think I didn't like New York anymore. I needed to find something else.

That's why Ink48 came as such a shock. There's nothing creepy or terrifying about the elevator. Plus I was upgraded to an enormous-for-Manhattan suite with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the river. Space and natural light are not qualities easily found in New York (either in hotels or apartments), and they are luxuries I really appreciate. Thanks to the sun, I got over my jet lag so much faster. The bathroom was huge, clean and new. I usually spend very little time in my room as I'm either working or seeing friends; this is the first time I really wished I had more time to enjoy the hotel I am staying at.

On the location: I actually dig it. No crowds, no hucksters, no terrible restaurant chains. It reminds me of New York back before it became an enormous mall. Hell's Kitchen has come a really long way. And you can even find a taxi!!

Cons? The towels could be nicer, and the room doesn't have a lot of drawer space. But these are really minor quibbles given what a great value the hotel is.

I've already booked my return trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hello 2andthrough,

Thank you for writing your review about our hotel, it is highly appreciated. I am thrilled that you found our hotel as the best! It is always a pleasure to provide high quality service for guests to have wonderful experiences.

We cannot wait for you to visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

When Ink48 came up on a hotel search, I was like, where is *that*? (And my New York friends all had the same reaction -- "there's a hotel on 11th avenue? Who knew?"). Well, I'm glad I found out: Ink48 is a dandy hotel--spacious, clean, friendly, and with quick elevators. Yes, it's exactly one block from being perfect (if only it were on 10th!), but that extra block only adds four minutes of walking time; in any thing less than a hurricane, not a big deal. I mostly used the hotel as home base for dinners and theater in Midtown, and it was absolutely do-able.The fitness room was small but well-appointed. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Thomas j,

Thank you for your review about our hotel, it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and that you enjoyed the fitness room. We strive to provide memorable experience for all of our guests and it is a pleasure that we provided that for you.

We hope you visit us again!

Thank you and travel safely.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here last year and gave a positive review. Just stayed again this April and everything was still great, but with a special extra.

First off, the hotel is chic like most of Kimpton's properties, a little off the beaten path but a quick 4 or 5 block walk to most theaters and Times Square. John Stewart's Daily Show also tapes right up the street. The hotel is on 11th. Walk up to 9th or 10th on 48th and you'll find a block with lots of nice restaurants of different styles where you can find a seat in April without a reservation around 5:30 p.m. before your show.

The hotel rooms are mod, nice and there's a roof top bar with an outdoor deck with killer views of Midtown and the Hudson River. This is a definite destination after your show, weather permitting. The actual bar is indoors so you can still go up there if it's raining/cold. Park at the hotel on 10th Avenue about a block up from the Kimpton's cross street (49th?). It's about $35 overnight which isn't bad for NYC.

The special extra: I'm not sure if you need to be a Kimpton In Touch member for this, but usually when you book through their website, you get an email before your arrival offering you a possible room upgrade for a little extra chump change. I went for the $13 add-on for a deluxe room on an upper floor. Wasn't sure what this meant because I already had a deluxe room. It wound up being on the top floor of the hotel with a huge two-story-high ceiling and floor to ceiling windows that opened on two sides to midtown and south down 11th to the river. Even had a glimpse of the Empire State Building from up there (17th Floor), which you don't get from most other rooms. Definitely worth the extra 13 bucks!

In Touch members also get a $15 free pass on the in-room mini-bar, but since everything costs $8-$25, it's pretty easy to go over that.

There are cheaper rooms in NYC, some closer to Times Square, but this place is probably worth a few extra dollars for people who would rather be just a little removed from the noise and traffic of Times Square and don't mind a nice little stroll to and from the theater.

Room Tip: Look out for the offer of an upgrade in your email. Or ask for a 17th floor deluxe room. Also, park oat the hotel on 10th (49th?). It's on the left on the far corner of the intersection.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello pabirds,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel room and the rooftop bar; it provides great views of the New York and the Hudson River!!

We hope you visit us again soon

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great hotel, clean and well appointed. Kimpton service, as usual, was friendly and professional. Room was clean and spacious, bathroom was a neat design and spotless. Sheets were very high quality. Common areas a bit small, but it's Manhattan so it's not out of the norm. Rates are extremely reasonable compared to other hotels of the same quality in NYC. We will stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello cjsmithnj,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. It is fantastic that you enjoyed the hotel room and the service we provided to make your stay a memorable one. We constantly strive to provide high quality service for all of our guests.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I decided last minute to stay over in nyc after his birthday dinner. As a Kimpton in touch member, I called day of to see what last minute deals were available. The woman was very helpful and found me a great rate. When we checked in, we actually got up
graded to a king room with city views. and got a $15 mini bar credit. The lobby and restaurant looked beautiful. Our room was large for nyc standards with a huge beautiful bathroom. Unfortunately, we were on the 3rd floor and there was plenty of traffic noise from 11th avenue. but considering what we paid, I couldnt complain. we were woken in the middle of the night by police activity on the street below. so, if u go, request a high floor. if you are looking for a hotel well located, this isnt it. it is quite removed from public transportation and surrounded by car dealerrships. the only nearby sightseeing is the intrepid and circle line.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica N

Hello Jnewshel,

Thank you for your review about our hotel, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you for being a Kimpton Intouch member as well. I am thrilled that you and your husband had a wonderful experience during your stay and was satisfied with the amenities we provided for you.

We hope you visit us again soon.