“Excellent Service”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #60 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Ink 48 delivered excellent service helping prepare our trip to NY, with good recommendations for a private walking tour, and through out the trip with superb restaurant recommendations in the local area. The rooms were very comfortable and the room service staff efficient and engaging. Perfectly situated for visiting all parts of N, with a spectacular view from the bar on the 16th floor. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the city have a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hello 555bes,

Thank you very much for your feedback! It is fantastic that you enjoyed the service that was provided by our staff. Feedback such as yours shows us that we are going in the right direction in providing wonderful service to our guests.

We hope you visit us again soon!

Thank you and travel safely.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,281)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice, clean rooms.Very spacious room + bathroom.Very friendly staff.Although it's in a relatively quiet neighbourhood, still close to all the attractions.The view from the rooftopbar is amazing.Too bad the cocktails come in a plastic cup...For that price I expect at least a glass.
The meals are very expensive in the restaurant.But so is the food in most of New York.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor with city view.It's definitely worth it !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello PeoplesBelgie,

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and that you enjoyed the views of our rooftop bar!

We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff and service at this hotel are outstanding.

I recently had a one night stay at the Ink48. Before leaving on my trip I'd ordered a package to be delivered to the hotel; it was meant to arrive 2 days before me. However the package didn't show up while I was there and was only delivered 4 days later (thanks FedEx!). I was sure I'd never see it. However one of the hotel's security staff emailed me to say the package had arrived and offered to forward it on to me and asked me to pay (fair enough). I have him the address of a relative of mine who lives in Manhattan and asked that he quote the cost. Instead, the security guy personally delivered the package to my relative's apartment in NYC!!! He didn't ask for me to pay, just told me it was done! What truly incredible service. Hotels don't get better than this.

In addition, the rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The rooftop bar has a fabulous view.

Stay at this hotel - you will not be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hello TheCrox,

Thank you for your review regarding our hotel. I am thrilled that you were able to get your package without much trouble. I am especially thrilled that you enjoyed the service by our staff. I will be sure to forward your positive feedback to our security staff!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm a Kimpton fan in general -- the free wifi, the wine hour, the morning coffee, the mini-bar promotion, the good taste displayed in every detail-- but two stays in Ink48 last week put it in the Most-Favored-Kimpton slot. From 11th Avenue, you get this remarkable view of the city-- or the river, depending on what side your room is on. Rooms are big, especially by NY standards. But the people who work there are just the best.

• Stayed: March 2013

Hello Eightsgoeast,

Thank you for your feedback. I am highly thrilled that your room, our service, and the amenities gave you a wonderful experience during your stay. It is fantastic that you are a Kimpton fan!! We love to provide high quality service to all of our guests and loyal fans!

We hope you visit us again soon

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for four days recently as I had to work a trade show at Pier 94. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The rooms were nice and comfortable with great views of the city through very large windows. The bathroom was spotless. They have a complementary social hour every evening with wine and beer. Nice touch after a long day of work. However, watch where you sit as the restaurant staff will whisk you of 'their' couches in the lobby. Apparently, the restaurant is separate and leases space here. We ate breakfast in the restaurant every morning. Very expensive but you are a captive audience as there isn't much around. Someone in our party ordered a bagel (in the bagel capitol of the free world) and a defrosted frozen supermarket bagel was delivered for $16. The other selections were very good, however.

This property should rate a 5, however a couple of things irked me.

1/ I had a headache and needed advil. I wanted to purchase some at the front desk but was told they don't have such things. It was suggested i go to the gas station down the street. Most hotels I frequent have at least a wall of various sundries for sale. I was surprised a full service hotel like Ink48 didn't offer it. Let's face it. The property isn't in the center of the universe so make sure you bring what you need or you will be traveling far and wide to get it.

2/ No coffee in the room. They deliver the paper to your room but you have to get dressed and go down to the lobby for coffee.

3/ When asked for my room preference during the reservation process, I specified a room on a high floor away from the elevator like I always do. Where was I first sent? Room 801 NEXT TO the bank of elevators. Why ask these things just to ignore them. In all fairness, I find this occurs often with other hotel chains.

4/ I was on the 12th floor and surprisingly I could still hear conversations on the street when the HVAC was off. I thought a window was open. Please note, however, I heard nothing from the corridor or adjoining rooms. Go figure.

5/ Loud HVAC. Fortunately, I pack those foam rubber things you stick in your ears that took care of #4 & #5.

It's a shame that these issues are minor but they are the things I remember from my stay. Not the wonderful service, social hour, attentive housekeeping and lovely decor. Take care of the small stuff and the rest will take care of itself.

Recommendations:
If you are going on a cruise out of the New York Cruise port this is the place to stay. You are a couple of blocks away and can easily walk to your ship. If you are planning on visiting the Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum, Javits Center or a trade show at Pier 94, this is the most convenient place to be. On the other hand, if you want to spend most of your time touring the sights of Manhattan, taking in a show and fine dining, you are away from the action. The subway is three long, quiet, uphill avenue blocks away. However, it took no time at all to get a cab anytime we needed one. Also, there must be a hundred restaurants of every cuisine imaginable on 9th Ave.

Would I stay here again? The answer is yes if my business took me to the Piers. If I were visiting for pleasure, the answer is perhaps strictly due to the location.

Room Tip: High floor is always good. Great views all around.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Road-Maven

Hello Road_Maven

Thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated. I am deeply sorry that you experience some issues during your stay. I will be sure to forward your review to my department heads. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and our complimentary wine hour.

If and when your travels bring you back to New York, email us at contactus@ink48.com so we can assist you with any future reservations.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel has everything. The beds feel amazing. The decor is modern and chic. The staff is very nice. The rooms are modern with lots of gadgets and gizmos. The walk-in shower is massive. What a wonderful place to stay for anyone spending time in Hell's Kitchen. A must-stay!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello jranson,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I am ecstatic that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. We strive to provide high quality customer service to all of our guests.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came for our anniversary, first time in NYC and all we can say is Wonderful! This is a fantastic hotel with amazing, friendly and helpful service staff and incredibly comfortable beds (I may buy the same bed for home). The rooftop bar is spectacular with an incomparable view of the city at night. The hotel offers free wi-fi if you sign-up for their free rewards program and nightly wine hour for socializing. It's about a 10min walk to the closest subway, later at night the streets are a bit deserted so taking a 3 dollar cab back to the hotel may be best.

Room Tip: Book a room on a high floor, worth it. Ask for a corner room w/ hudson and city view if you can!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Shanonia,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. It is fantastic that you signed up for our Kimpton Intouch reward program; it does provide great benefits for our guests.