“Mixed bag”

Ranked #81 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“Mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Prs: Room was very large and the bathroom to die for. Loved the Kimpton loyalty program with the free wifi. Room was very clean. If this room was elsewhere in the city or had better hotel features, I would return.

Cons: Far from the subway and waited forever for cabs. Wine reception in an awkward area...felt like a drive thru. Tried to get to rooftop bar for a drink one night and after waiting 30 minutes in line (no allowances for hotel guests) I gave up. The front desk did not live up to my other Kimpton experiences and I have stayed in seven of their properties.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank drlearn
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello drlearn,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. It is great that you loved the room and our Kimpton Intouch reward program; it does provide great benefits. I am deeply sorry you didn’t get a chance to enjoy our rooftop bar.

Please email us at contactus@ink48.com, if and when your travels bring you back to New York so we can assist you with making any future reservations.

Thank you and travel safely!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Polish first
Renfrewshire, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon this year. We arrived on New Years eve and had been upgraded to a high floor with a cityscape view which was very nice. Room was big by manhattan standards with a large bath in the room rather that in a seperate bathroom which was quite cool. We thought the hotel was very well decorated and the reception staff seemed pleasant. It was about a 15 min walk to the Times square area which suited us fine and there were plenty of restaurants and bars within a few minutes walk in the hells kitchen area. I think we would probably stay here again in the future should we come back to new york as it was close enough to everything without being crammed in the way some of the hotels can be right in the very centre of everything

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Gordon78,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I am thrilled that you had a memorable experience during your stay; especially on your honeymoon!! We strive to provide high quality customer service to our guests on all special occasions such as yours.

Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel with magnificent views! I was highly impressed by the friendly,knowledgable staff. My room was beautiful decorated and had great amenities. I would definitely book a stay in this hotel again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello 2travelis2live_12,

Thank you for your feedback! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the room and the amenities. It is wonderful that you enjoyed the service being provided by our staff. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and feedback such as yours will help us in a huge way.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here for a week around christmas time 2012 and had a wonderful experience. I upgraded my view and had a magnificent view of the city. The room was large, well designed and laid out, and the bed was comfortable. There was a sofa and a lounge chair. The bathroom was relatively large and there was a good amount of closet space. Service was good and room service food was excellent. It was a lively hotel, with beautiful energetic full lounges and bars- but the walls were thick enough I couldn't hear any of it. An excellent hotel overall, and a great location in manhattan.

Room Tip: UPGRADE your view- it's worth every penny
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Katrina C,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! It is fantastic that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and that you enjoyed the service being provided by our staff. Thank you for providing your room tip as well!!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a brilliant stay here in march. Check-in was quick and effortless. Signing up to the InTouch before arriving gave us a raid the minibar voucher of $15 and a Spa voucher for $30.

I had requested a high floor room before travelling and when we checked in this was granted. We were given a 10th floor corner room with a city view.

The room was brilliant. The view was just as good. Large bed with tv and large unit/ desk. Fridge was built-in to the unit so was hidden away. Bathroom was great too but no shaver sockets to plug in / charge shavers. Good amount of towels too ( small and large). Good wardrobe space too with safe.

This hotel is 10-15 min walk to times square. We always walked to where ever our day was going to be. Good selection of places to grab breakfast/ brunch/ lunch etc near by. Also the ferry terminal was only 5-10 mins from the hotel.

The room was always well cleaned and made up each day and a small note from the cleaner was left on the unit. All i can say is that we really enjoyed our stay here and would reccommend it to other and would stay here again with out any problems. All the staff were pleasant and helpfull.

Room Tip: high floor rooms, corner rooms facing north for most of the sunlight
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello therubz1988,

Thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated! I am thrilled that you and your girlfriend enjoyed our Kimpton InTouch reward program; it does provide fantastic perks. It is also wonderful that you enjoyed the room and the amenities as well!!

Evergreen, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am a Kimpton loyalist, so when my buisiness travels took me to Manhattan I booked a stay at Ink48. Being a Kimpton InTouch member, my expecations are high, and I must say that the staff and accomodations at Ink48 exceeded them! Attentive, courteous service, convenient midtown location, and very nice, hip accomodations make for a most pleasant stay. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Hudson suites are awesome.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Kevin R,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for being a Kimpton loyalist! I am highly thrilled that we exceeded your expectations! That is our goal and feedback such as yours let us know that we are on the right track to providing high quality guest service.

Upstate New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights at this Kimpton property. At arrival we were given a room on the 6h floor facing the city, but we requested a different room because sleeping the first night was very difficult due to the noise. We were given a room on the 15th floor and it was much quieter. While both rooms are nice, the one on the 15th floor was much better. The bathroom and the room were larger overall. Generally the rooms are nice, the bed very comfortable, and there are many outlets where to plug in the chargers for all the computer stuff. By signing up for the Kimpton InTouch (free), one gets free WIFI during the stay in the property. Nice amenities in the bathroom. Room pleasantly decorated with enough sapce for everything. There were the usual Kimpton animal print robes, we did not use them as they did not feel pristine.

My pet peeve: the bathroom doors are made of glass and they do not really close shut, they are like doors on a public stall, and light seeps through the perimeter, as well as shining light in the room when one uses the bathroom at night and the bedroom is dark.

I am not a fan of the location, a little far to reach many places of interest, and the area is not well served by metro lines, but this is no reflection on the hotel itself. I think the location is perfect for people doing business on the Javits Center.

The staff is courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Frilo68,

Thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated. I am sorry that you had issues with the bathroom door, I will be sure to forward your review to my department heads.

I am thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your stay . It is great that you enjoyed your room and the benefits of being a Kimpton Intouch member!