“Keep coming back”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Keep coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This past month was our sixth stay at this hotel. The service is exceptional, the staff always courteous, professional and friendly. The fact that the hotel is pet friendly is also a plus. When we have to leave our pups at home, it's nice to see some cute furry friends in the lobby. Try one of the Hudson river suites. Great views, not the normal view of NYC. The rooftop bar is incredible, with 360 degree views of the city and the river. Don't let the location scare you. We walked to and from Broadway theatres, and cabs are easily available.

Room Tip: The hudson river suites on the higher floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello Jim H,

Thank you for your feedback! It is fantastic that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and that you enjoyed the service that was provided from our staff!

We hope you visit us again soon and you should definitely bring your pups next time!

Thank you and travel safely!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stumbled upon this gem through a AAA discount search. A friend of mine is practically a Kimpton evangelist, so I figured I would give this one a try.

The rooms are nice and large, with hip, modern decor. Service is excellent. Really enjoyed the restaurant PRINT. And the view from the rooftop bar (The Press Lounge) is AMAZING!

I visit NYC frequently for work, but had never stayed in Hell's Kitchen area. It's much quieter and less chaotic than Times Square/Rockefeller area. Just a few bucks for cab ride to Penn Station - much worth it.

There are also some great restaurants up on 10th. I recommend "44 & X" (by 44 and 10th) - upscale comfort food. There's also a Starbucks about 3 blocks away.

All that to say - highly recommend!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street on the 3rd floor. I thought it would be noisy, but I slept with the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello TheJPress,

Thank you for your feedback, I am thrilled that we were a wonderful surprise for you! It is fantastic that you enjoyed the food from Print restaurant and the wonderful views of Press lounge. I do agree that Hell’s Kitchen is a much quieter neighborhood and less crowded if you
would like to take a peaceful walk.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is special to us. When we made our first trip away together, this was the place. And we've been returning ever since.

It is a very nice hotel. The room is large for a NYC hotel, the bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is tops! Love the shower.
We just enjoy the whole vibe.

The rooftop is the best. There are many nice rooftop areas in New York, but here the view is stunning. It's a wonderful feeling to be out there on a warm night, cocktail in hand, just taking it all in.

Make sure you check the calendar though, as one night we booked there specifically for the rooftop and it was booked for a private event. We weren't told this when booking, so naturally we weren't happy when we arrived and no rooftop. The hotel did adjust the price of the room for the inconvenience. Now I always make sure to call ahead and check because if the rooftop isn't available, honestly as much as I love it here, there are less expensive options.

Yes the hotel is up there in price, but not too far of a stretch for a GOOD NYC hotel room.
A little off the beaten path, but it's nice and quiet when sleeping.

We haven't eaten in the restaurant yet in all the times we've been there, so I can't comment on the food. Perhaps next visit we will check it out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thelevines
Hello thelevines,

Thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated. I am thrilled that our hotel is special to you since every one of our guests are special to us. We strive to provide memorable experiences for our guests and feedbacks such as yours show us that we are moving in the right direction.

You should definitely visit our restaurant. I am sure you will love the food and ambiance!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was outstanding! My daughter and I visited NYC for a weekend getaway and absolutely loved it. The cityscape view was excellent from the room, and the room decor was unique (different from cookie cutter chain hotels). The staff is professional and friendly, and the extra amenities were a plus. I appreciated the complementary organic coffee each morning, and my daughter loved the hot chocolate. I will say that the restaurant was a bit of a disappointment. It was very pricey and the menu options were limited. Overall, we loved it.

Room Tip: Choose a room on higher floors to reduce street traffic noise. Location is a healthy walk from th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
ATLTravelBug18,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am highly thrilled that you and your daughter had an outstanding experience during your stay! Also, thank you for providing your room tip!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had the most brilliant week in New York and at the Ink 48 from 16th to 21st Feb. We were in New York with a party of 16 for our wedding and everyone at Ink 48 made it a week to remember. I had been emailing Anna in concierge prior to arrival and when we arrived we were so pleased with the special touches in the room - flowers, teddies, chocolates, fish and wine! They were also very accommodating when I needed a cover for my wedding dress.

The hotel itself is very stylish with lovely, clean and well maintained rooms. We had a double double as travelled as a family so can't comment on other types of room. It was perfect for our needs and was on the 8th floor which had a good view north and overlooking the river. I think you need to be on the 8th or higher to get a decent view. The room was very modern with a lovely bathroon and walk in shower.

Little things we liked were 'raid the mini bar' as Kimpton In Touch members and free WiFi. We enjoyed tea, coffee and hote choc in the lobby each morning with chocolate chips and marshmallows and we especially enjoyed wine hour each evening from 5pm where our group could catch up before dinner.

My husband enjoyed the gym which was adequate for his needs - he didn't see anyone else in there and went most mornings!

Conceirge, door men etc were very helpful with advice of restaurants and making bookings for us. We ate at Market Diner down the street, Galaxy Diner on 9th, Southern Hospitality on 9th and the highlight which was Daisy May's BBQ which is an absolute must and is right next to the hotel - pulled pork heaven! The printer in the business centre wasn't working when I wanted to print tickets for Ground Zero and they let me do the printing from the front desk.

It's just a 10 to 15 min walk to Times Square and whilst it's a little out of the way you feel you are seeing some of real New York by staying here and it's great to get some amazing views and photos from the roof top bar - children allowed until 6pm.

Everyone in our party loved the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Request a high room for the view!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank victoria_walker
Hello Victoria_brown,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you and your husband had a memorable experience during your stay. It was a pleasure to accommodate you to make sure your wedding day will be a special moment for you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel is lovely! Has the feel of modern elegance, unpretentious, staff is warm and accomodating. Everything is well maintained, great service, very clean. Beautiful rooms with great views and it's a hop and skip to bike/running route along the Hudson. You can go for a run or workout in the hotel gym (very nice), come back and peruse the Sunday Times over breakfast in Print restaurant (delicious). I would stay here again in a second!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank sallen1121
Hello Sallen1121,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the room and the service we provided for you. It is our goal to constantly provide high quality service for all of our guests.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fantastic Place! I was inspired by Gabby
100% would go back.
It was clean, classy and in a great spot.
I walked to time square in about 15 min and I preferred to be away from it all when I wanted to sleep.
The rooftop bar is stunning! The food in the restaurant was great and well priced.
I loved ink48!

Room Tip: I saw a few rooms as we had a large group and all looked great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pm_dance
Hello pm_dance,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I am thrilled that you love the hotel, especially the rooftop bar! Our hotel is located at a perfect spot to see fantastic views of the city and be away from the noise.