Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Skyline Hotel(New York City)
  • Pool
414 Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Cachet Boutique(New York City)
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Pod Times Square(New York City)
3,330 results
All reviewshell's kitchenpress loungerooftop barhudson riverhudson suitestephen fieldwine hourtimes squarewest sidenew yorkintrepid museumwine receptioncity viewnyc skylinejavits centersoaking tubfloor to ceiling windows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I frequently travel to NY for business and have stayed at many hotels, but when I stayed at Ink48, I finally realized what a perfect stay was. Everything about my accommodations is always enjoyable; the staff (Jason & Agueda) are they best…I am always treated like a VIP and I am always made to feel welcomed! The hotel and rooms are very clean, modern, quiet, and comfortable. The rooms are nicely-sized for NYC and generously equipped with a flat screen t.v, iPod dock, comfortable bed/linens, and a bathroom with a rain head shower. It is a great feeling to stay somewhere so great when I have to be away from the comforts of home. I will definitely return to Ink48 on all my future visits to NYC!

• Stayed: November 2012
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Amit,

Thanks for being a fan of Kimpton and especially Ink48! We are honored that you have made us your home away from home when your travels bring you back to NYC! I will be sure to share your kind words with Jason and Agueda! They love the shout outs!

We look forward to hosting you in the near future!

Travel Safe!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a fan of Kimpton hotels, and I'd say ink148 is the best I've stayed in yet.

The rooftop bar provides exquisite views of the city side and river side - not to mention great people watching. Yes, the drinks and food are overpriced, but what do you expect? It's a prime location in NYC!

I was pleasantly surprised by the caliber of the Zagat-rated restaurant - Print. The food was divine - aside from the popcorn flavored ice-cream that my husband ordered for dessert. It's an interesting menu option, but I still shiver thinking about how wrong it felt to ingest cold, popcorn-flavored ice-cream. YUCK. We missed the hotel's happy hour both days, but I applaud anyone who hands out free booze.

The gym was great. One of the best I've seen in a hotel. Many machines available, along with headsets and TVs. They also piped in music in case you forgot your iPod.

Lastly, the hotel is a little off the beaten path, but you have fast walkable access to an array of restaurants in hells kitchen, and you are a short hike to Times Square. The rest is just a quick cab ride away.

I also enjoyed being able to walk down to the river in the morning, right by the Intrepid. Get some fresh air. Good jogging trail there as well.

In sum, this hotel is a great choice for a sophisticated NYC experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CTHeather

CTHEather,

We love that you’re a Kimpton fan and we love you even more that you think we are the best!!! Thanks for taking the time to share the love with the rest of the traveling world and be sure to reach out to us when your travels bring you back to NYC so we can make sure the next stay is better than the last! contactus@ink48.com

Thanks again and travel safe!!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

3rd rate hotel in an inconvenient part of town, the hospitality is lacking, and the restaurant is trying too hard (almost like a restaurant in some other city trying to imitate a New York restaurant). There are too many nice places to stay in NYC, don't bother with this one.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, then book a room on the East side of the building so you have a nice view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RobertLivolsi

RobertLivolsi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our location and amenities did not meet your standards. We love to hear all feedback as it allows us to improve where we need improving. Unfortunately our location is not something we can change. I will pass along your feedback to the rest of the management team.

Thank you for your time and Travel Safe!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We chose to stay at the Ink48 for the last two nights of our week-long trip to New York. The hotel is situated close to the Hudson River, about a 20-minute-walk from the Times Square. Our room was more than big enough, clean and tidy, and had a comfortable bed and a magnificent city view. The staff was very friendly.

The breakfast in the hotel's restaurant was very good, but a bit expensive. If you go for it, make sure to try the homemade granola! If you prefer something simpler, there is a diner on the 11th Avenue.

Located on the roof is the hotel's most spectacular feature: The Press Lounge. This is Ink48's rooftop bar, probably one of the most spectacular ones on Manhattan. The skyline view is nothing less than fantastic, and the atmosphere is great. Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

KetilMo,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hopefully we will see you back here on your nextr trip to NYC.

Travel safe!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We experienced Hurricane Sandy and as a result, got to also experience 3 separate Kimpton Hotels! Loved all of them!! I adore staying at a Kimpton property - you are always greeted like a very welcomed and valuable guest, and this hotel was no exception.

The lobby is the largest of the 3 we stayed at this trip (The Muse, 70 Park Avenue and Ink 48) and the rooms were the largest and most modern of all 3 sites.

Same happy hour from 5 -6 pm every night. Same welcome to well behaved pet guests staying with (well behaved) human guests! (always a bowl of water and a few doggie treats at the front door).

We had a drink on the roof top lounge, post hurricane, and the views are amazing, looking west back into the heart of the NYC concrete jungle.

Location is definitely off the beaten path from the typical Times Square/Broadway location, but we walked EVERYWHERE during our stay and it is a lovely safe residential area you walk thru to get back to the 'beaten path' of the NYC tourist sites. Maybe 10 - 15 min walk at a normal pace to get to 7th Ave... completely manageable even in the post hurricane weather we were there for.

The room was an upgraded premier king studio suite. WOW!!! GORGEOUS!! Loved the shower - rain fall shower head plus hand held spray. Very modern - glass/tiles/granite/double sinks. The bed and the furniture were excellent quality and VERY comfortable!

Can't get away from street noise no matter where you stay in NYC and this was pretty manageable to sleep thru.

We both loved this property, just wish it had been closer to the things we wanted to see... but I'd still return here and stay again - in a HEARTBEAT!!!

Room Tip: we were in 1504 - LOVED IT!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C C

CC,

Thanks for staying with us and writing such a great review! Yes 1504 is a great room and the view is outstanding. Thanks for being such a fan of Kimpton. We hope to see you back on your next trip to NYC.

Travel Safe!