“Loved it”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #69 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here in August - lived this hotel. Rooms were big, great beds and a wonderful shower. Staff were great and one receptionist left the desk to call the lift for me when I was struggling to call the lift as my hand were full of the free tea and coffee they put out every morning. Loved the breakfast, which was pretty reasonable in price.
The view from the rooftop bar was amazing but drinks are pricey.
Location was great especially for the fantastic restaurants on 9th.
Overall loved it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

mang0jam,

Thanks for the great review. I will be sure to share with the rest of the team. Be sure to send us an email at contactus@ink48.com so that we can show the love on your next visit.

Thanks again for the review and travel safe!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent a week at Ink48 in October. Very clean and modern, although rooms are small. Service was as good as at a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons property. "Print," the restaurant on property, offered excellent food but only so-so customer service when a meal was prepared differently than ordered. The server and the manager both had attitude. Note: the restaurant is not managed by the hotel. We will return to the hotel, but there are too many good restaurants nearby to waste time with servers and managers who are more intent on telling you what they think you did wrong than fixing the problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Paul R.

Thanks for the feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with the restaurant as well. We want to make sure that the experience in both areas are perfect for our guests.

Please reach out to us at contactus@ink48.com before your next trip so we can ensure another great stay!

Thank you for your time and travel safe!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

You usually would have found us staying downtown in SoHo but with all the hurricane uncertainty we played it safe in midtown this weekend. And we have not been disappointed! Not expecting much space in a New York hotel room, we upgraded to the deluxe for a very reasonable premium and this hotel sure as hell delivers the square metres advertised. To top that we've a cool view of the river. The rooftop Press Lounge on the 17th floor provides a nice venue to grab a drink and look out over the city. It feels like there should be a pool on the roof, don't be fooled by the water feature! The Espresso martinis there didn't live up to my expectations - they need to get a coffee machine up there.
Never thought I'd be staying out on 11th but it's been absolutely fine. Hells Kitchen is a couple of blocks away with some great restaurants to choose from, especially if you like Mexican. For me, the Hell's Kitchen restaurant wins hands down if you can get a table. It's a walk down to Chelsea if this isn't enough for you and a quick cab ride to MPD or to 5th Avenue to hot the shops.
All in all, loved this option. With power out downtown most of the weekend, it was the right choice, especially for the amazing space we've got.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antoniofiorucci

Antoniofiorucci,

Thanks for the review. I am glad we were able to live up to your expectations. Thank you for giving us a try and we hope to see you on your next trip to NYC.

Travel Safe!!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed in the INK 48 Kipmton for 3 nights in October while on business travel. The selection was made by my employer's agency, but I was generally fine with the fact the location is not central. I enjoyed a long walk every morning. The rooms are very spacious, well equipped, and have all the necessary amenities. I did not have a great view though, my room was on the 3rd floor. But could not ask for a change at the check in...It was the shortest check in ever in my life. The receptionist talked to me less than 2 min, obviously tried to get rid of me as soon as possible, and gave only very limited information about the hotel/room and all available services etc. I was quite surprised about this attitude, I did not insist on continuing with my questions and went to the room.
Generally, I think this hotel is not for business guests, as the elevators are very inefficient, and you have to wait for a long time to get one. I also found the hotel to be noisy at nights as many guests are having sort of celebrations or gatherings at midnights.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank IBFrance

DGXFrance,

Thank you for the review. I have passed along your feedback to my fellow department heads so that we may review and learn from your experience. I apologize for the lack of attentiveness at check in. The way you felt is not the way we intend our guests to feel at check in.

We hope that you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to NYC.

Thank you for your time and travel safe.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was very clean. The bed super comfortable. Room service was timely. We had a great view of the city from our room. The only thing that wasn't so great was that it seemed a little too far out. And we were a little too close to the elevator so we got to hear a little of that traffic, but the room itself was not so noisy from the outside traffic. I also didn't love that it was on a street that was full of car rental places and car dealerships. All in all though, it was a very nice hotel and I'd stay again. Another tip, make it worth your while to sign up for the Kimpton in touch membership if you like staying in Kimpton hotels. It's free to join and it gives you free wifi and you get special little deals that come in handy.

Room Tip: Go higher up to see the views!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LW150

LW150,

Thanks for the review. Once again great tip infomring people to sign up for Kimpton InTouch! It has its benefits.

We hope you will stay with us again sometime soon. Please email us when that time comes so we can ensure you a quieter room! contactus@ink48.com

Travel Safe!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here during the summer with my 2 young kids and we all had a great time. First time to NYC as a family, and we walked ALOT. Nice hotel rooms, good size and great view. Breakfast was good.

We booked a babysitter one night ($125!) and went to the rooftop bar for drinks before venturing further afield, what a view! Amazing.

Small boutique type hotel, slightly off centre location, but we liked walking about.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

James R,

Thanks for the review! I am glad you took advantage of the babysitter so you could venture off and enjoy the rooftop and beyond! Walking the city lets you see things you might otherwise miss taking a taxi, train or tour bus!

Hope to see again when you come back to NYC!

Travel Safe!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

this hotel has very kindly staff and very good skyline view but it's a little bit out of the center. it's next to hudson river and 10 mins to times squire by walking. it has an awesome roof bar with a great view. you'll love it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank gorki222

gorki222,

Thanks for the review. Our out of the way location is what gives us the opportunity to have that glorious skyline view of NYC. I will be sure to share your reveiw with the rest of the team!

We hope to see you again soon!

Tavel Safe!