Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$154
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
$330
$305
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Pool
$144
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
3,351 results
All reviewshell's kitchenpress loungerooftop barhudson riverhudson suitestephen fieldwine hourtimes squarewest sidenew yorkintrepid museumwine receptioncity viewnyc skylinejavits centersoaking tubfloor to ceiling windows
Reviewed October 21, 2012

For a weekend trip to New York I decided to stay somewhere other than the usual Times Square area and decided to try out Ink48 in Hell's Kitchen--a great decision. The hotel was beautiful with excellent service. What really made it the perfect choice though was the room. I chose a Hudson River Suite and could not have been more satisfied--definitely worth the price. It had three "rooms"--a large bedroon area with a very large and comfortable bed with good lighting and a large tv, a living room area with a very comfortable couch, a desk with chair, and a comfortable chair, and a large bathroom between the two (with a hallway separating the bedroom and living room areas--no separate door; an opaque door closing off the bathroom. The bathroom was very large with 2 sinks, a separate shower and very large tub and a little nook with the toilet. The shower was very large with a rainforest shower-head but the star of the bathrrom was one of the largest tubs I've ever seen. Usually, I limit myself to showers but the tub was pretty inviting and I tried it out--it was great; had to force myself to get out to get to a show. The highlight of the suite, though was the incredible view. There are floor to ceiling windows along the entire length of the suite (except for a closet that is opposite the bathroom) and there were incredible views of the river. The hotel looked down on the Manhattan cruise terminal and the USS Intrepid (aircraft carrier museum). Beautiful views of the river and the city beyond the river--it really made for spectacular scenery both during the day and at night. (One downside is that although there are very effective shades to block out the sun, there are gaps between the shades to early morning light does get in.)

The location proved to be particularly convenient for going to the Jacbo Javits Convention Center, the Intrepid Museum, and the Manhattan cruise terminal (I would definitely stay here for a pre- or post-cruise stay) but it also turned out within easy walking distance of Times Square and the Theater District (which I found out when I had difficulty getting a cab after a Friday night show). About a 15-minute walk down streets that did not seem unsafe (always had some pedestrian or car traffic). The immediate area around the hotel did not have much in terms of restaurants, but there were quite a few a block or so toward mid-town.

One thing to watch out for is that the late-night (all day) menu is very limited and dinner service ends at 10:30 pm, so don't the mistake I did of waiting until after a show for a late night dinner (but I found a cheese plate and salad worked out okay). An earlier room service dinner I had the following night was fine--quick service and good food. Breakfast in the restaurant was also good. They have an afternoon wine reception (5:00 pm-6:00 pm), which I missed both days I stayed in the hotel, but it seems a nice amenity. I also missed on my chance to visit the bar that is supposed to have great views (it was closed one night for a private event, which is probably not that rare), but with the great views from my room I enjoyed a nice glass of wine from my room and enjoyed the views anyway.

The suite has two closets--a relatively small one across from the bathroom and another one in the entry hall (which I used to staff my coats). There are also very comfortable bathrobes for use (in fact I had already bought one from a prior stay at a Kimpton hotel in Baltimore--another hotel I enjoyed).

I drove to NYC and the hotel was pretty close to Lincoln Tunnel; parking is expensive ($55 a night--valet) but I found that it worked out well to just park the car and take cabs and walk to get around town.

This turned out to be a great hotel choice; beautiful room and what turned out to be a very nice location.

Room Tip: Hudson River Suite is a great choice if you want to make the most of the beautiful river views available at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank flagfan
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

flagfan,

Thank you for your very thorough review of your stay. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit. I will be sure to forward your comments about our late night In Room Dinning menu to our F&B Manager as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I felt welcome and pampered from the first minute that I stepped in to this hotel!The view of the Hudson river was wonderful and after we left the bridal suite we got a view of the city center which is in a comfortable distance. The service at the hotel was excellent and the staff ensured that we were indeed to see and experience all the best that New York had to offer.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gilstun
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Gilstun,

Thanks for the kind words! We love reviews like this. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay. Think of us when your travels bring you back this way!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Ink48, is a really nice modern hotel located on the the west side of mid-town Manhattan ( Hell's Kitchen). The rooms are spacious and everything is clean and trendy. The location is pretty good if you are going to see a Broadway Show. The service was very friendly and the welcome drink is a nice touch. The best part of this hotel is the rooftop bar. The Press Lounge is 5 STAR! What a view! It is a little pricey but you can't beat the feeling you get when you view the skyline unobstructed at night. We found Ink48 to be perfect for our "staycation" in NYC and would come back. If you are looking for nice size modern rooms at reasonable prices, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

gir7375,

I am thrilled that we were able to make your "staycation" an enjoyable one! When you are at Press lounge you really feel like you are on top of Manhattan!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I visited Ink48 on a recent work trip along with a lot of other Kimpton Hotels in Boston and NY. I absolutely fell in love with the brand and would highly recommend to anyone. Each hotel is totally individual in style and I have to say I really liked each hotel that I saw. Ink is located about 3 blocks from Times Square in the Hells Kitchen neighbourhood, I didn't get to look arounf the surroundings but have been told that there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms at Ink are large and good sized bathrooms, however what really sets it apart from a location in times sq is the views, the rooms have floor to ceiling windows and the views over Manhatten are amazing, there is also a rooftop terrace where you will get some amazing shots of the skyline.
We ate at Print restaurant whilst we were there and the food was delicious, well worth a visit. There is also a fitness centre and a spa which is quite rare in NY. If you are visiting please make sure you joing the Kimpton In Touch loyalty programme as this is a free scheme that will give you added benefits at all Kimpton Hotels - free wifi is definitely a plus as it costs $15+ per day almost everywhere else.
If you like a quirky hotel thats a bit different give Ink 48 a go, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with city view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kdswestsussex

kdswestsussex,

Thanks for the reveiw and the helpful tips for future travelers! Thansk for being a fan of Kimpton and an InTouch member. Everyone of our hotels dose tell a different story and we love that fact!

Happy Travels!!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had a great stay, really excellent and spacious room, with a wonderful view of the New York skyline - however my trip was spoilt by a checkout process that lost me hundreds of pounds.

I had reserved two rooms (for me and my Mum) using my Visa card. When I came to check out, both bills had ALREADY been charged to that card. But I wanted to pay for my own room with a different card, and my Mum wanted to pay for her own room. No worries, said the checkout staff, they would refund my Visa card and take payment by other means. Unfortunately the rate at which my bank converted the $ refund back to £s was different to the rate they had applied to payment (after all, banks always charge different rates for purchases and sells). This led to the refund being £280 less than the payment which the hotel had taken. Perhaps I should have thought of this at the time, but surely the hotel staff shouldn’t have suggested doing the refund - after all, doesn’t this happen every time? The problem only arose because the hotel charged my Visa card BEFORE the end of my stay and without my knowledge. I’ve stayed in many hotels all over the world and no other hotel has ever done this. The hotel have not apologised. Be warned.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank the0rganist

Hello the0rganist,

Thank you very much for bringing the payment issue to our attention. We are truly sorry for the troubles this has caused. I know that you are currently working with our accounting department to get it sorted it out.