“Cool and Funky”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Cool and Funky”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Brilliant boutique hotel, well located with great service. I loved the funky theme running through the hotel and bath tub next to the bed was cool. Breakfast service could be improved. Otherwise everything else was perfect

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank moshune
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Hi Moshune,

Hello! Thanks for your post! I think Ink48 is cool, too! I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy your deep soaking tub in your guestroom. I think that having a bath in the middle of the room is a fun design element!

Olimpia.Mordan@ink48.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 9, 2012

After staying in most of the upper end hotels in NYC. I will say that my recent stay at ink 48. Was my best stay to date. Starting with Amanda at the desk with her impeccable service and attitude. Our room and view was perfect. Great room great food. Cannot say enough. Can't wait for my next stay

• Stayed February 2012
Hi Critracer!

Thanks for your post! I am so pleased to know that you had excellent service with us, as we strive to make every experience a "wow"! Amanda is superb, and I am glad that you two connected during your stay! We hope to have you back soon, and when you have your plans set, please feel free to reach out to let me know you are coming!

New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We loved our time at INK48! Its just a little bit of a walk from midtown and the theater district and its fabulous. The views are phenomenal, the restaurant is excellent and if you bring your dog, your going to love it! It is super cute doggie friendly. Its quite chic and the rooftop bar is very cool. I think the prices are reasonable for NYC and what you are getting. We already have plans to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JerW
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear JerW,

Thank you for calling our hotel a "gem!" So happy you got to dine at our restaurant and enjoy the scenery. Please feel free to contact us prior to your upcoming stay if there is anything we can do to make your stay extra special.

NE Florida
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Ink48 served as my home away from home while taking in a few Broadway shows and miscellaneous activities around town. My 3-night stay during Super Bowl weekend was not only comfortable but relaxing too. I rarely saw other guests in the lobby, and barely heard street noise from my room on the 11th floor. As described by others you’re a bit away from the normal hustle & bustle but only a few blocks away from 9th Avenue/Restaurant Row which has everything you’ll need. I took the easy stroll around the corner to Sullivan’s Bakery, and there’s a Starbucks up the way for those who can’t drink anything but. The complimentary tea and coffee is a nice touch but unfortunately I could only take advantage one morning as it is over at 9am. Ventured up to the rooftop bar and it’s a gorgeous view. What I didn’t understand is why such a beautiful space isn’t available to the public. One must possess a hotel room key to show security before entering the elevator.

As for the accommodations, my only negative observation was the bathroom towels. Each day I noticed maybe one or two that could stand to be pulled from rotation: a little thin and dingy. Otherwise the rooms are clean and the furniture is well-maintained. You may hear a door slam here or there but nothing worth mentioning. And I loved the animal print bath robes.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who don’t mind being a few steps outside of the crowded streets and honking horns. But as others have noted it is a bit remote especially when walking back from Times Square after dark. Enjoy your stay and don't forget to join the Kimpton rewards program before arriving for free WiFi and other benefits.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cokosmomma
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Hi Cokosmomma!

Thanks for adding the fantastic photos! I am glad that you were able to enjoy living like a local at Ink48. Sullivan Street Bakery is one of the best in NYC, and we are so fortunate to have them just half a block away from us! My favorite item there is the Bomboloni in the morning - too delicious. When you come back, you must try them! Kimpton InTouch, our loyalty program, is a super valuable tool when booking with Kimpton, so keep that number handy, and be sure to use it when you book with Kimpton in the future to be sure you get great upgrades, as well as the other amenities.

Reading
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We are a British couple and have just returned from a 3 night break in NYC. The hotel is on the corner of 48th and 11th, and about a 15 - 20 minute walk from Times Square and about 5 minutes from the USS Intreprid.

We had a Riverview Terrace Room on the 8th floor. Absolutely fabulous view overlooking the Hudson and the USS Intrepid. It had a lounge area, with TV and window, and the main bedroom also with TV and large window. The bathroom was huge and plenty of amenities. The bed was also huge and really comfortable.

By joining the Kimpton InTouch loyalty scheme you get free access to (an excellent) wifi service and $15 worth of mini items for the stay. We also had a package that included a continental breakfast, which is a a choice of juice, tea/coffee, toast/muffin/scone and a fruit salad. We found this quite enough and kept us going until lunch.

There is a wine hour between 5 and 6, where you can meet with Jeffrey (concierge services) and sample some nice wines for free. Jeffrey is also exceptionally helpful at arranging outings and is well connected to staff at many of the top restaurants/bars etc.

There is a good gym. Small, but with enough new equipment to get a good workout done. There is also a spa; we did not use this, but with the loyalty scheme you get a $30 voucher to go towards a treatment. Newspapers are available and a very good restaurant onsite (called Print) and a lovely bar on the 16th floor.

The staff were always very friendly and helpful. The hotel is only 2 years old apparently and still looks and feels very clean and tidy. Our only criticism is that there was quite a lot of noise at night, even on the 8th floor. The room is double glazed, but with the option to open some of the windows slightly, this may allow some extra noise through. Nevertheless, it certainly wouldn't put us off staying again!

We found a local Italian on tripadvisor while there. It is called Patzeria and is well priced and does excellent pizzas. It is probably about a 15 minute walk from the hotel.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. It is affordable, clean and well located for the city. We stay in many top brand hotels around the world and this is well up there with them. The free wifi, wine tasting, minibar voucher all show that the Kimpton chain is clearly trying to add that extra value on the bigger brands and it really does pay off. If you are happy to be a 15 - 20 minute walk from Times Square then seriously consider this hotel.

Room Tip: We would recommend the Hudson River view. We had a Riverview Terrace room on the 8th, which was fabu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank edberks
Dear Edberks,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of Ink48. You had so many positive things to say about your experience and I love when our guests share their experiences with the world! I'm so happy you had a Hudson River view and utilized a lot of our amenities on property. I hope you had a safe trip back to Europe and we hope you will return again one day.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Recently stayed at Ink48 - What a place! Very clean, polite staff, and awesome views.... We'll be back for sure. It's also an easy in and out of NYC.

Room Tip: HUdson Views are amazing...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave H
Dear Dave H,

I'm very happy you did stop by and got to enjoy our scenic views and interact with our wonderful staff. We cant wait to have you back!

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had such a great time at this hotel we came back. This time we brought along several friends with us and enjoyed the Christmas vibe in New York. Once again the hotel, staff and location exceeded everyones expectations. Whether its was the doormen, front counter staff to the manager himself the service was professional and courteous.

Special mention to consierge Jeffrey who once again was outstanding! He made all of our dining out reservations and every pick was fabulous. Jeffrey provided great recommendations for day trips, shopping, etc. Given it was our second trip back to INK 48 in three months, we definelty felt the staff's gratitude and we were surprisingly upgraded to a large room with an amazing view!! Jeffrey's attention to detail and service was once again second to none and we left with a plan to return as soon as we possibly can. We have been vacationing in NYC since the 90's and we have to say the experience at INK 48 has been our best and we will always stay with them.

Take the time to check out their website and pay attention to the skyline view from the hotel rooftop lounge, it is absolutely breathtaking on the site however in person it is so amazing it almost does not seem real!!

Room Tip: Request a view of the Hudson River or Manhattan skyline. You will not be disappointed with either.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank a h
Hi A H!

I hope that Spring has started for you up in Halifax! Thanks for your posting. I am elated to hear about your experience at Ink48, and that you enjoyed not just this stay, but that you have had excellent service consistently. We strive to make each time you come to visit a "wow," so I am glad to know that we are hitting our mark. Jeffrey, our Lead Concierge, is always up for helping to plan anything, so I am glad that that you have discovered him as a resource! Please let either Jeffrey (Jeffrey.Behrens@ink48.com) or myself know when you are going to be coming back, as I would love to personally introduce myself!