“Small clean hotel, great location”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
Ranked #342 of 467 Hotels in New York City
IN
“Small clean hotel, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Very clean, affordable, excellent location between midtown and lower Manhattan. Staff was very polite, small Italian restaurant on site had good food. Close to some great restaurants. The small gym in the basement was convenient.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views, of course.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Turkish first
Staten Island, New York, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a great time and stayed in this hotel. I like to stick with the Starwood brand when I can and now I think the reason behind it is that their employees are great. This is not the most luxurious hotel but we were here for the location which could not be beat. The staff, such as Corey, made our stay wonderful

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your time. We appreciate the feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The room was dated (worn carpet, beat up furniture, shabby couch), inconvenient outlets and limited work space. I was unable to plug in my phone near the bed, forcing me to rig up an extension cord using my laptop and a longer USB cable. The room was also very noisy. Each floor has very limited square footage, meaning the sounds echo throughout the small floor space. The shoddy upgrades to the bathroom had clearly been done by an amateur. I had to use a towel to wrench the faucet on and then precisely place it for some minimally warm water. When I pulled the shower lever, the shower head sprayed water wildly all over the bathroom, soaking my pajamas and all of my cosmetics. I didn't bother complaining since my stay was very short. I was staying at the hotel with other colleagues, but the lobby/bar area was not a suitable gathering space due to its tiny size. I also did not receive my receipt automatically and had to call twice after being put on indefinite hold the first time. The location is really good and all of this might be tolerable at the reasonable (for NY) price point for a leisure traveler, but not for a routine business traveler missing the comforts of home and working from the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the Sheraton Tribeca
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank EbethG
Thank you for your feedback. We will address the concerns mentioned in your review.
Northern New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Perfect Mother/Daughters getaway .... SOHO shopping, Washington Square Park people watching, delicious Little Italy dinner. The Sheraton was a terrific home base. Room was great; comfortable beds, excellent shower, decent view and friendly staff. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Wow. What a glowing review! We are delighted to read your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your weekend and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you once again, I will share this review collectively with our team.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed 2 nights here over a weekend. King bed in a typically small NYC room. The hotel is set for renovation in the coming months and needs it as it is worn out. The room was clean and service good. I would stay here again but only if the rate was the lowest that I could find in the area. Walls are thin and noisy. Towels are thin and not absorbent.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for the inconsistencies. We will certainly make sure that all of our towels are compliant with brand standards. And we hope that we have the opportunity to host you again.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I are just returning from a four day trip to NY that turned into a 5 day trip due to a storm in our home town, so we had the opportunity to stay in two different rooms. Our first 4 nights were in a 6th floor king bed room facing Charlton, and the last night was in a 21st floor (top floor) city view two double bed room. I would say that the upgrade is worth it. In both cases, the bed was very comfortable, and this is something my husband is very fussy about so that's saying something! Also, we didn't have any complaints about noise on either floor (just garbage pickup or something our 2nd morning, but that's a necessary evil). The windows in the 6th floor room were very drafty though; the windows actually didn't close well, so it was always a bit drafty (although at night when you close your blind it blocks the draft). Also, we were much happier with the bathroom in the 21st floor room. It had a bathtub, for one thing; I know that the reason there was no bathtub in the 6th floor room is that it was designed to be "accessible" (although for the life of me I can't see how someone with mobility issues would be able to manoeuver in that very narrow shower stall), but did it ever leak! There wasn't much of a lip, so you wound up with a pool of water on the floor every time you had a shower (and we're quick shower takers). Also, as others have mentioned, the heater/AC is noisy, but it seemed to be much noisier in the 6th floor room; I sleep with earplugs and it was still quite noticeable. Due to having the two double beds, the 21st floor room was also more spacious. Overall though, I can't complain, it was worth the money we spent.

The big bonus was the location; easy access to both the 1 line and ACE line (1 is closer) and all the galleries, shops, restaurants and bars that SOHO and Greenwich Village have to offer. Also, the staff was very friendly; front desk, restaurant, cleaners, etc. were all very professional. Liz was very helpful getting us rebooked after we returned to the hotel following our flight cancellation, so that was much appreciated. It would be a place that we would consider returning to on a future trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AdamModica, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for the feedback. We will share with our staff and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here the staff was helpful Michael the front desk supervisor to Miguel the bartender. Was great every member was helpful to me! This is a great place to stay the rooms are nice and spacious for New York!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review. We have celebrated with Michael and Miguel and hope to see you again soon.