“Very friendly front desk” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
Ranked #344 of 467 Hotels in New York City
St louis
“Very friendly front desk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We didn't need any amenities for our trip this weekend, so can't speak to that. As with many hotels' free wifi, their network is slow. Nothing new there, bring your own hotspot or be patient. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and neat. The shower stall (converted from original bath tub) is pretty narrow and be careful not to slip on the slippery when wet tile floor! We didn't but it looked scary. The front desk staff was the most cheerful we've met in a long time. Especially Nicholas late at night. Thanks for that. The room was quiet, but nothing fancy, and not much larger than the king bed. No view to speak of, but location was what we wanted- we didn't visit to stay in the hotel room all weekend, afterall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Denise L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and great feedback. We really appreciate and value your time taken to write a review. I share your experience with my fabulous Soho Team, Nicholas is extremely happy to hear that he was very helpful during your stay. We are sorry to hear that your Wifi connection was a bit slow, we are upgrading our Bandwidth very soon and looking at different ways to improve the guest connection. Our everyday goal is to ensure that we meet and exceed guest expectations. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you return soon.

Denise Luna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend in September 2012 and it was perfect. Clean, comfortable, great location and the hotel staff could not be friendlier. It's just a few blocks west of SoHo, an easy walk to the Village or Meatpacking district and an easy taxi ride to TriBeCa.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rehoboth Beach,DE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Even for NYC standards, and that's saying something. What did I get for $500 / night, weeknight? A room slightly larger than the bed, a coffee pot that sprayed coffee everywhere but in the cup, and a tv remote that wouldn't function. That said, it was clean, the bathroom black marble and shieck (though shower only, sigh), and a great location with a really friendly staff. But, call me old fashioned, I couldn't help but think I could stay in a suite at the Phonecian for almost the same rate. It's just over priced. Maybe the solution is to cough up a bit more and stay higher end? I don't know. I feel like it was the worlds most expensive La Quinta. Hard feeling to shake. And, I'm not thrifty. If I was, I probably would have ad a hissy fit.

The restaurant for breakfast is a typical NYC nook. I found it charming, if the choking poster on the wall from 1920 did turn me a bit off. For lunch, I sat outside, and my raviolli was really good.

The staff is on happy pills which is always great to see, and took a bit off the feeling of being bent over. But just a little. Starwood needs to take a look at the pricing structure for these basic inner city hotels. What makes them attractive is the value. The value here was lacking. I'd rather have spent a bit more for luxury, ar less for basic. As it is, I felt, rightly or wrongly, I spent on luxury and received basic.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mgatty
Utrecht
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to stay here for 7 nights but upon arrival (8pm) we were told that our reservation has been cancelled. This happened because Booking.com sent us a wrong email (long story...).

So we didn't have a room for the next 7 nights. But the really helpful staffmember, Nick(Nicholas), tried his best and found us a hotel in the neighborhood to spend the night. Fortunately we could spend the remaining 6 nights at Four Points. The next day Nick arranged for us to check-in early which was great. The staff on duty immediately knew what happened the day before and checked us in very smoothly. Again staff is very friendly and helpful.

The room was small but clean. Bathroom was nice but also a bit small. Not a room to hang around in. Just drop off your stuff and head back to the city. The room and lobby also have free Wifi which worked fast enough most of the time.

The location of the hotel is great. There are uptown and downtown subwaystations only 1-2 blocks away. It's near the SoHo neighborhood but in a quiet street.

All in all its a great hotel, with super friendly staff, to stay in if you want to explore New York. I'll recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2012
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Starwood Gold Member. Spent 5 nights on the front end of a business trip to celebrate our anniversary. Used points for our stay. (5th night free promotion) Easy access by car service from Newark Airport. Reached out to the hotel manager via LinkedIn prior to arrival but did not hear back until I pointed it out to reception after check in.

Arrived at the hotel at 2:50 p.m..Was told that our room was not ready but it would be only 15 or 20 minutes. Waited in the lobby in the small lounge and watched three parties behind us get their keys and head upstairs. After 45 minutes had passed, I saw the front desk clerk in street clothes and leaving for the day. I approached the new clerk and was told our room was ready. Wonder how long we would have waited had I not inquired again.....Requested king bed in quieter spot regardless of view.

Room assigned was 1106. No doubt these are a bit smaller than your typical Manhattan rooms but it did have the necessary amenities for a comfortable stay. Spent 30 minutes trying to log into Wifi until I finally called down for help. They sent up some technical help who said the signal on that side of the building was weak and sometimes you had to stand by the door??? So I am standing in the doorway of our room with my laptop in hand and still could not get a strong enough signal to connect. I used my Ipad via 3G the rest of my stay.This room was also handicapped accessible but the differences were subtle enough for us to let it go. That is, until we used the shower just after checking in. Glass enclosure was barely wide enough for me to stand in and the design allowed for water to leak constantly onto the bathroom floor. After two showers, the bath mat and another towel were completely soaked and the floor still had standing water. The tile floor was like walking in ice. I told my wife not to use a hair dryer while standing in there and I went downstairs to request another room. When I voiced my frustration to reception about my check in snafu and safety hazard in that bathroom, I was peppered with excuses. He (Nick I think?) ultimately assigned us a new room and sent us help to move to room 1002. Bellman was friendly, helpful and apologetic. This room, while comparable in size, was layed out differently and it offered more usable space. There are few rooms on each floor so slamming doors and housekeeping in the hallway will likely be disturbances regardless of your location. Noise seems to travel inside the halls.

Came back that night to a bottle of wine and fruit plate for our anniversary. Nick also sent us some drink tickets for the lounge. The gestures were appreciated but we prefer a seamless stay over freebies any day of the week. Our only other issue was dry cleaning not being returned as promised. When I inquired the next day, I was told our DND sign was on. Hmmmm - we have been gone for the last 8 hours and our room was cleaned. Would have preferred they just take responsibility over the excuses.

Rooms were clean, climate control worked very well, beds were comfortable and standard tub/curtains showers were spacious with plenty of hot water and pressure. Hotel location was fantastic. Subway close and a short walk to dozens of bars and restaurants. Don't understand prior reviews who claim nothing is nearby.

Had a few drinks at the lounge on site but cannot speak to the food. Throughout our stay, Nick had been helpful in recommending Dylan Prime for dinner, offering an umbrella during a storm and directions as needed. The 1st 24-36 hours were the most rocky but things settled from there and we ultimately enjoyed our stay and agree that we much prefer this part of town over midtown going forward. We would recommend this hotel and suggest the appropriate expectations upon arrival to make for a more pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Request high floor away from construction. If WIFI is important, ask what side of the hotel the rout...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joski69
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Arrived at the hotel, book in was quick and effortless, Emilie was the very friendly and most helpful girl, she gave me a room with a fantastic view of the ground zero monument buildings and other amazing skyscrapers. Lovely room, very clean, modern and comfortable. I haven't stayed downtown before, and I have to say, it was a nice change, lovely tree lined streets with town houses and local deli's, which were open 24 hours. I fell asleep as soon as I got in, woke up at 2am, realised I hadn't booked transport to the airport, the concierge was a huge help in arranging a lovely big mercedes to take me. I was hungry, he pointed me in the direction of the deli at the top of the road, I asked if it was safe for me to walk, hence the title of this review. I usually stay midtown, but this area is so peaceful but also typically like the New York you see on the telly. I will definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: the higher up you go, the better the view, ask and you will get, very approachable people
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed for one night while in NY on business. The hotel is in a great location. Quite, close to great areas. The hotel facilities are basic but it has everything you need. What makes the difference is the staff. This was one of the cheapest hotels I looked at in NY at short notice. The front desk staff where really welcoming and helpful, Emely in particular. over the whole stay everyone was really helpful. Would definately stay again.

Room Tip: High floor back of the hotel is really quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denise L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay, we appreciate your feedback and your valuable time that you took to share your great experience with the public. Our everyday Goal is to make your stay as Honest, Uncomplicated and Comfortable as possible and I’m glad we were able to deliver, execute and exceed your expectations. We hope to see you, your friends and family soon, please do not hesitate to contact us to assist in any future travel requests or to simply stay in touch.

Best Wishes & Thank you