“Great food fantastic service”

Dallas BBQ Times Square
Ranked #526 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter, her friend and I decided to try out this new restaurant in Times Square. What a great experience. We started out with the biggest buffalo wings I have ever had. They had a spice that was uniquely different and pleasant. The ribs were just as good. My daughter had something healthy which she said was good. The place was crowded but the staff was good at getting you to a seat as soon as one was available. When you left your table, no more than 30 seconds would elapsed before than table was cleaned and ready for another party.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,950)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great distance from hotel, food selection and taste is good as well as the drink menu is awesome We had a great, personable server that gave southern hospitality in new york

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off, I am not a BBQ aficionado so my opinion probably doesn't stack up against someone who regularly eats ribs, bbq chix, etc. But, I know good food when I taste it.

The first thing that caught me off guard was the price. Extremely reasonable prices for Times Square - and the portion sizes are not sacrificed; I ate my face off for about $13.

The ambiance is very cool, reminds me of some of the flashy-er joints in Nashville. Very good food, very good portions, very good prices, attentive waitstaff (and plenty of them) and a very cool ambiance. I was satisfied.

1  Thank keith k
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Big restaurant, big portions, big cocktails, big choice....and quite a lot of big people, too, obviously lovers of fried food! As am I...

This place is quite an experience. It's loud and busy, and quite an 'experience' for a British traveller. I don't know about the standard of the American fare as I don't eat meat, but I had a tolerable corn on the cob (a bit overcooked), followed by a good Caesar salad with nice breaded fried prawns, and one of their signature massive frozen cocktails (ice-cream headache). Don't come here to (a) diet or (b) discuss your divorce. Come to enjoy the brash, lively environment of Times Square and watch everyone else. Watch the waiters carry massive trays of food on their fingertips. It's a fun place. I also found the service courteous and attentive, and there are lots of serving staff so I didn't wait long (and went twice).

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Surprisingly good BBQ! Being from the South, this was very good BBQ! The service was also excellent. The honey wings are to die for, along with the burger with pulled pork & cole slaw all under one bun! And don't forget to have one of their wonderful frozen drinks!