“Man VS Food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great value, with HUGE Man VS food like portions. I recommend the BBQ Pulled Pork and Brisket sandwich.

1  Thank Tasha M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,865)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I travel to Times Square, I often find myself as Dallas BBQ. The food is amazing and the drinks are outstanding! And it is not over priced! Great eating!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

As for a tourist in NYC this was a highlight! I loved that BBQ smoked brisket and pulled pork and ribs all fantastic and authentic american. Frozen giant margarita with corona beer in it was amazing! And atmosfere is buzzing and busy all the time. I recommend this BBQ joint for everyone visiting NYC!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to dinner last night, food was good and plentiful. Clean, good music and service. The cost $54 for two sandwiches with fries, appetizer soft drink and Texas size margarita. The drink was excellent.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My kids and I went to Dallas BBQ because we were in Times Square and it was convenient with no wait. It was exactly what you might expect.

Good: The place was huge so we had almost no wait to be seated. Drinks were huge (although refills are NOT free) and service was fast. Our waitress was very attentive.

Not so good: Has a very "cattle call" feel. Table are pretty close together, but ironically it's relatively private because there's so much noise there's no way the table next to you could hear your conversations. Food was passable, but not great. Somewhat overpriced, but hey, it's in Times Square. I think you have to kind of expect it considering the location.

Overall, it was a decent place to get a quick meal and get out of the rain, but I wouldn't consider it a "destination" restaurant.