Royal Park Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$124
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$231
$186
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$207
$200
GardenInn.com
$134
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$242
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
$169
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

All reviewsprivate bathnew yorkown bathroomcentral parkaround the cornersafe neighborhoodbig roomhotel roomtimes squarebig citysubway stopcleaning staffblockmanhattanwestsidebroadwaystarbucks
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I just came back from my third stay at Royal Park this past week and i have some strong feelings as to its good and its bad. First off, this hotel could not have been in a more central area, located on broadway, one has access to an abundance of restaurants, grocery stores, shopping, and easy subway access that will get you into the heart of manhattan within minutes. I feel as though i am a new yorker when i stay on the upper west side because of the neighborhood feel. Moving on from the location, the hotel itself is very old and needs more renovation. For a little over $100 a night, rooms do not come with bathrooms. They are located down the hall, unless you spend a little more to have a private bathroom. I was fine with sharing a bathroom, as i have done so all three stays. Most of the hall bathrooms are small, but clean, and i have yet to encounter any major problems. In the past, i have stayed in October of 2011, December of 2012, and just recently June of 2013. This was my first summer in new york, and as expected it does get hot and humid. Unfortunately i felt very uncomfortable in the rooms as there is no airconditioner, only a ceiling fan and window. I am not picky with hotels and normally wouldn't complain but let me tell you it was stuffy in the rooms, and at times unbearable as to where we had to keep the door and window wide open. As for staying in the winter, don't worry about being cold, as i found that i never did, but warning the furnace goes on and off throughout the night which can be a big disturbance. Room service has messed up several times as i had towel issues so bring your own just in case. Rooms are very basic, t.v basic cable channels, beds are hard, and be lucky if you have an open and working electric outlet. Basically, come to royal park if you are on a budget, and will be out enjoying the city all day, too busy to stay back at the hotel. I left at 9:00 am and came back at 12 am everyday so for me, it was just a place to sleep. Good luck on future travels.
-Natalie

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, or book a room with a bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank alwaysatthebeach15
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Despite me confirming the booking in advance when my partner and I arrived the en suite room that was booked was not available due to an unspecified 'situation'.

What made it worse was the level of customer service on display. The receptionist offered a small discount for our inconvenience, then was rude for the rest of our stay, eg. Starting to speak to an unseen colleague halfway through speaking to us and preferring to chat to a friend over dealing with us at reception. Left a bad impression of New Yorkers which overall we didn't get from anyone else!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank 90nil
Reviewed June 17, 2013

On our first night here our party of two was upgraded to another room as they had overbooked, great I though, great start, but they were excellent! They told is to leave our stuff in the room and it would be moved for us. We just had to leave the keys at the front desk, when we came back later everything was done for us. The rooms arnt big but the beds are comfy, our sheets didn't get changed. Just made everyday. There are no phones in the rooms however I have never needed to use one so that didn't bother me. The receptionists where really friendly, eager to help. The location is central, so all in all a food place to stay

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank DaaniiFender
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Park for 7 nights from 23 to 30 May 2013. I needed budget accommodation in New York and knew that anything around $A100 a night was going to be very basic.
I booked a single room with shared bathroom.
The room I was given left me in a state of shock.
I expected tiny, but this was ridiculous. The room had a double bed that occupied virtually the entire room space. The only furniture was a bedside table with a lamp. See my photo.
There were no drawers or cupboards to store my clothes. There was a cavity in the wall where I placed my suitcase. The carpet was dirty.
I immediately approached the check in staff to express my dissatisfaction.
As the hotel was full I could not be given a new room, but to the staff's credit, he did state that he would try and get me a different room for the rest of my stay, which in fact he did.
The room was marginally better, there being 2 chest of drawers in which to put my clothes.
The carpet was newer and cleaner.
The shared bathrooms were generally clean and acceptable. One bathroom had been refurbished and the other was in need of the same. The second bathroom had a broken toilet seat and a shower curtain rather than a shower screen. Showering with a curtain rubbing against your body is not particularly sanitary.
The location was great, being in a good neighbourhood and very close to the 96 street subway.
The hotel was generally quiet and I slept peacefully.
While my room was cell like, I did glance into other rooms while they were being cleaned and they appeared a suitable size and appropriately furnished. These were rooms for more than one person
As a budget hotel/hostel and for the price I suppose it was value for money.
However do not hesitate to complain if allocated a totally unacceptable room as I was.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Seebob69
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After spending 6 nights in a 4 star hotel in Midtown, I was nervous about having to move and spend our last night in NYC (due to flight plan changes) in a Hotel/Hostel in the Upper West Side.

When we arrived and I seen the shabby but clean reception, I felt slightly disheartened, but how wrong I was!

The man on the front desk (wish I got his name!) was sooo lovely! He upgraded our room to a double room (with 2 double beds!) for nothing! The room was massive! Literally 3 times the size of our Midtown hotel! Everything was spotless (the only quibble would be the shower didn't work right, it just poured water out, and the fact there was no towels in the room when we arrived, but we asked the maid and she delivered them within 5 minutes). Also the elevator was very slow, we just took to using the stairs (we were only on floor 3 so not bad).

Its amazing value for money! I wonder why I spent so much on a Midtown hotel when this was $150+ cheaper per night and lovely!

Its 1 street from the subway (96th Street), which has at least, 2 or 3 different subway lines stopping there! Fantastic location.

On a Sunday one side of Broadway shuts for a HUGE market all down it! There is a fantastic atmosphere in the UWS and I felt truly safe and welcome!

Also, free wifi throughout the hotel, winner!

Room Tip: We requested a high up renovated room and got it =)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple