“Fantastic lunch service”

Fig & Olive Fifth Avenue
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive Fifth Avenue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #213 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and Madison Avenues
Transit: E & V trains to 5th Avenue-53rd Street and 6 train to 51st Street.
Description: At FIG & OLIVE, we want to highlight our menu’s core ingredient of olive oil, which we use in place of butter in our dishes. From a sweet and delicate olive oil from the French Riviera that pairs well with a Steamed Lemon Sole Papillote to an assertive Spanish Picual or a Tuscan olive oil that holds its own with Seared Salmon with Fennel and Green Olives, and a green-fruit Provence olive oil that we serve with a Green Apple Sorbet. Our cuisine along with an elegant white, green and terra-cotta décor immerse our guests into the essence of the Mediterranean region.
London
“Fantastic lunch service”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Walking along 5th Avenue, we stumbled upon fig and olive. The exteriors looked enticing and we wandered in.
Their lunch service was spot on. Very helpful waiter, helped us decide what was best for us. The food itself was well prepared and tasted fresh.
On the whole a very satisfied meal and will definitely visit again when in New York.
Recommend it.

1 Thank varun_mukthi

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westchester, NY
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

After reading rave reviews I expected more. Maybe it was an off day. The Restaurant Week menu looked wonderful on paper. There were more choices than one usually sees on a limited menu. The reality was quite different. I was with a friend for lunch, and I was the one who picked the restaurant. I needed to apologize. At first our waitress was attentive and extremely pleasant. She seemed very knowledgeable. The appetizer (lobster bisque) was very good. After that it was downhill all the way. Our entrees arrived several minutes apart. My salmon tartar was very good, but my friend struggled with her Chicken Tajine. She couldn't finish it. The restaurant began to fill up and the staff was totally disorganized. The noise level went from loud to almost unbearable, and the air-conditioning was close to non-existent. Our waitress, probably overwhelmed by the number of tables she served, was elusive. My friend received her dessert (mousse). I chose the other option (crostini), and I waited for mine. And waited. And waited. We asked someone to find our waitress but to no avail. Finally we found a bus boy and asked him if he could find out what happened to my dessert. He came back with mousse. I told him that I ordered the crostini. Finally our waitress appeared and I told her I hadn’t received my dessert. She replied, “You said you didn’t want dessert.” That never happened, especially since it was included. I reminded her that I had clearly told her I wanted the crostini (as opposed to the mousse which every else seemed to choose). “No problem,” she said, and she quickly brought me the crostini (two cookies), but my friend, in spite of my insistence, had not started to eat her chocolate mousse until I received my dessert. We were eager to get out the restaurant. It began to look like a fast food place. Then came the check. Apparently our waitress was not familiar with the wine list; we were overcharged for wine. She adjusted the check. I adjusted my “Good Restaurants Near MOMA” list.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank doctravel30
“Restaurant week dinner”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great choices for the dinner menu during Restaurant Week. Several friends from out-of-town met for dinner and enjoyed the food and drinks.

Melrose, United Kingdom
“Great Afternoon meal”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a wonderful afternoon at the Fig and Olive. There were so many choices of small plates, We tried quite a few and they were all just great. Very fresh, very imaginative and beautifully presented. Our waitress was friendly and very helpful. A great wine and whiskey selection really made it perfect. The place has a great buzz. It's very light and airy with contemporary decor.
Our friends had been there twice before and said it was always great.

Houston, Texas
“NYC Best Place Brunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Walked in without reservation and was able to be seated for 3 plus infant. Cheese plate appetizer was plentiful and lots of choice. Crostini hand picked and 3 was more than filling-really glad I didn't choose option for 6. Others ordered paninis and they were generously sized with perfect French fries. Staff was great - always there but not hovering. Water glasses never empty. And dessert - chocolate pot creme so smooth. Creme brûlée cheesecake best ever. Staff shared work storage area with diaper changing table so did not have to carry baby upstairs - great service