Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,602 results
All reviews warm cookies times square new york penn station javits center rooms are small hell's kitchen front desk staff few blocks empire state building around the corner central park nyc msg district bellman midtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just completed my one night stay at the Double Tree by Hilton Times Square West.

Here are my pros and cons:

Pros

Very clean, surprisingly the entire room was up to par with standards.
Bathroom looks to have been newly renovated. Liked the decor as well as the set up.
View was great has both of NY and NJ
Lobby was great and updated
Check in and check out service was fast and efficient
Close to several restaurants and shops
Amenities in the room itself were great.
Great Internet connection, fast and reliable if you want to get work done.

Cons:

Murphy bed, the slim mattress made it difficult to sleep. This was one of my biggest complaints. The head board to the headrest was edgy and if you like to sit up it was almost impossible. Not sure if it was due to the floor and set up of the rooms.

Valet parking was 72 a day. Omg I live in NYC and I found this overpriced. Icon parking on the same block or other parking establishments were 50-60 dollars.

Furniture around Murphy bed was a bit outdated.

Wish I would have had more days to stay and check out the rooftop bar which I heard was very nice.

The staff overall was great and very professional.

Overall: great establishment. To get it to a 4 stars a better bed would definitely be a plus and may get you there.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jayC11368
Calvin-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right

Reviewed January 13, 2020

One of my luggage was stolen at Hilton DoubleTree (this hotel) and both the hotel management team and the hotel's insurance carrier (Liberty Mutual Insurance) have been very un-responsive. I have reached out to the hotel management team and the Insurance adjuster assigned to handle the claim multiple times with no response.

When I arrived at the hotel in the morning, I gave the hotel staff my suitcases (four) to store until my hotel room was ready - then I went out for lunch. When I returned and asked for my bags, I was informed that one of my suitcase (that has all my personal documents and valuables) was missing.

This is incident occurred 3+ months ago and I am quite disappointment at the overall experience/response rate from such a credible hotel. I am in the process of securing a lawyer to handle this case and will escalate on all social media platform until it has been resolved.

Date of stay: September 2019
Doubletree36, Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear maryamsh2,

We are sorry that the matters pertaining to your stay have not been fully resolve. While we have taken the steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again, we have to make it right with you. I’m glad that we have been able to speak directly and we are committed to resolving this to your satisfaction.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Spent two days here at the doubletree by Hilton Time Square South and it was super. The staff here is very very accommodating and is an absolute pleasure. I’d like to point out that Imadie greeted me with a huge smile, ensured I had everything I needed, offered a super restaurant recommendation and was a joy to talk with. Thanks!!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank V5319SKbobf
Reviewed January 10, 2020

Housekeeping tried gaining access to the room at 8:22am and every hour following. It was extremely frustrating and a disturbance. If there is such urgency to clean the rooms prior to the guests checkout time, I much rather reservations advise there is no availability then to have housekeeping constantly knocking at the door the morning of departure. Unacceptable for it to continue every hour!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Doubletree36, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We have taken note of some challenges you experienced. We are committed to improving those areas to deliver greater service to you and all of our guests. Please stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

This hotel is located a few steps away from the subway system and Times Square. My husband and I got a great price deal when we booked a room between Black Friday and Cyber Monday--$139 for one night (excluding fees, etc.). However, I was told that the stay wouldn't earn Hilton Honors points since we booked a room at a sale price.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. I waited for 5-8 minutes for an elevator during peak hours. No mini-fridge was available in our room so we used ice to keep our food cold. (Also, only even floors have the ice vending machines.). We liked our room in the 33rd floor though. It had a great evening view of a part of the city. It was also a very quiet floor.

There were so many people coming into the lobby to check-in or check-out or to leave their bags. But the staff maintained their friendliness. The staff were also very helpful and helped us get a flat-rate transportation from the hotel to JFK.

Thanks Doubletree! And thanks to those delicious warm gooey cookies.

Room tip: Can request for a quieter or higher floor. It also doesn't hurt to ask if you can check in early.
Date of stay: December 2019