I was very disappointed when I realized my reservation was at this DoubleTree and not the other one in a Times Square. I can see this being a common mistake. This was one very tired hotel. The minute you walk in it has a bad vibe. I am very surprised this is a Double Tree and not a Red a roof inn. It should be named "Dumpy Tree". I have a Diamond status with Hilton and this had to be one of their worst properties. So here is my review...
1. Nice bed linens and I liked the pillows.
2. Staff that was willing to please and well trained. (Probably use to dealing with issues...lots of them).
3. Close walk to Javitz and Times Square.
4. Pretty quite from street noise and other guests.
5. Nice large bath towels.
1. Smallest room I have ever had. (Try choosing a room with 2 beds just to get more space). All I could do was laugh at it.
2. The elevators are also very small. Only two for the building. I asked people to wait for the next elevator...six or seven people was the most I felt it should hold.
3. Breakfast buffet was just ok....far from the best. Staff was very nice. Wish they had flavored creamers.
4. Chairs in the breakfast area all had stains. On one booth the table came off the wall and not repaired, it was all a bit trashy.
4. Unimpressive and very dated lobby. Even the pictures were dated and trashy.
Now for..."The Ugly"...
1. No hot water for Two days! I was given 10 thousand Hilton points for the inconvenience. I heard several others getting them as well.
2. Black hairs in the corners of the bathroom. I took a wet wash cloth and cleaned it...ewwww. It was sooo gross. The shower also had black hairs. (I am blond).
2. Saggy depression in the bed cauz everyone sleeps in the same spot.
2. One elevator was not working...long wait for the other one plus room service food cart needed to get on. We climbed/walked up to the 10th floor and was lucky to get it faster there. I was on the 23rd floor.
3. Still a long wait for the elevator even when both were in service.
4. Someone else mentioned this too on their review...I have to agree...it was rather annoying that all of the service people use these two tiny elevators. I saw large trash bins, laundry bins, food trays and cleaning carts all share the elevators. Remember...these elevators are already too tiny.
5. I had to ask for tissues as they were not replenished. Toilet paper had two rolls and those were not replenished...I used sparingly to get thru the night.
6. Not a room you can spread out in. I was here for 4 nights and had to keep most of my clothes in my suitcase.
7. Over priced and not a good value.
I sure hope I don't stay here again. Save yourselves...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham New York City
- Wyndham Garden Hotel