“Wonderful stay”

Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South
Ranked #366 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for 4 nights from 14th - 18th nov and I after reading mixed reviews I was very apprehensive but to my surprise everything was wonderful from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we we're checked quickly and we're give complimentary breakfast vouchers for the whole stay, we had no problems with lifts and definitely no problems with staff as they were very friendly and efficient, if I had to pick one negative thing then it would be that you had to pay for wifi in your but to compensate for it was free in the lobby and there was 3 free computers in the lobby too so not bad at all, we found the location ideal for sightseeing would definitely stay there again so many thanks to all the wonderful staff

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hazza68
Sebastian A, Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Dear hazza68,

Thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. We would love to invite you back to our property the next time you are visiting the big apple.

Warmest Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great place to stay, the location is convient and just far enough off the beaten track to be fairly quiet (for NYC) Plenty of resturants and shopping around, subways are close and not far from times square. Staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms, while small, are nice.

1  Thank Gail B

Dear Gail B,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton member, I even have the Hilton credit card. I have never had a problem at a Hilton or at least one that the hotel did not correct to ensure my stay was good. I had a lot of problems at this hotel that started at check in. My rates at check in did not match the rates I received and had on my online receipt, as I was checking in I was told the pet fee was one thing and the website showed another come to find out there were 3 different pet fees (one online, one verbally and one on their pet contract) none of which were the same. I had a dirty room that they did correct. All of this they did correct, but what really got to me was that when I returned home there were 3 different charges on my card. Two pending charges that were no where close to what a pending charge should have been and one charge for that was correct for the room. I am still trying to get rid of one of the pending charges almost a month later! I called Hilton customer service and they send messages to the hotel to contact me, yet so far they have not contacted me (I have now called 3 times). I understand that hotels hold some funds but this is ridiculous, who gave them permission to hold all of these funds? I realize that I may be one of few customers that this happens to, but their efforts to correct this continuing error are very poor. I understand that this can happen and because of my positive Hilton experiences, I will continue to stay with Hilton, but this is definitely disappointing. It also said there was a pool at this hotel and there is Not.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelly1013

Dear Shelly1013

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I would love to invite you back to show you how we do things. Don't hesitate to reach out to me the next time you are visiting us here in the big apple.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Within walking distance of Times Square, shopping, theater district, and the subway. The staff was very friendly. The room, although small (it is New York), was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Room was located at the front of the hotel and our view consisted of the building across the street but if we looked up we could see other buildings (a higher floor would provide more to see). It can get crowded in the foyer when there is only one elevator working and there can be a bit of a wait. Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Passion4Travel4Life,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Employees were so friendly at this hotel-just made for a good experience. The carpet was worn in our room and a couple towels we received were thread-bare. Overall, it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mary M,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The person that was suppose to help me during check-in kept me waiting for more than 20 minutes even though I was the only one there. Restaurant waitress was very unprofessional. They served me almost raw eggs. I felt that I was begging for minimum service

Dear Dean G,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thought a chicken sandwich was the best value and safe. I think the chicken was cooked over an hour. I couldn't bite into it or cut it. Very poor quality. Overall the hotel was great. The bed was comfortable and clean. The closet would not fit my business suits and other clothes so I would skip the safe in the closet and making it more roomy.

Dear Scott W,