“The Standard Vibe is Amazing!”

The Standard, East Village
Ranked #168 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hey Guys!!

I really enjoyed my 3 night stay at the standard. The people here are very friendly, give great tourist advice and also have a down to earth attitude. I got great food locations from a worker named Makke. Enjoyed every location her referred me to and also went out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed.

The location is great too!! During the day Manhattan has many food spots to check out near the hotel and all within a 5-10 min walk. The nightlife is amazing too on warm nights again within a few minutes you can find great food and drinks and chat with great people.

The Standard is a must stay!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for The Standard, East Village

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at The Standard last weekend, it was FANTASTIC!
The set up is hip and fresh, but still very comfortable
The staff is excited and energized, without being overbearing
The rooms and views are impeccable
The restaurants are quality, no typical hotel food
I highly recommend The Standard and is now my hotel of choice in NYC!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We put people up at the Standard in the fall of 2012 and the fall of 2013. Both times we were promised that ongoing construction would be completed before the guests arrived, both times we paid high rates, and both times we were disappointed. In the fall of 2013 guests could not even enter through a proper entrance. We were truly stunned to be fooled twice. The facilities were terribly disappointing but the dishonesty was worse.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Baseballmom60763
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Room and location of the hotel are great. We ordered room service and it arrived in 10 minutes! The staff was super nice and down to earth. Room was very clean and the bed was giant. We didn't eat at the restaurant but we ordered coffee and it was delish.

Room Tip: Loved our corner room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently spent a long weekend at The Standard in the East Village. My first experience with The Standard and it was great. Not only did they arrange perfect weather (no extra charge), the room and service were second to none. The views were amazing and the bar and restaurant were even better. But what put it over the top was the service. All of the staff were friendly, helpful and had great attitudes. A special shout-out to Jules Groth and Laytoya Isaac who handled the details perfectly. And don't miss the bone-in ribeye at their restaurant, Narcissa. Late service too.

Great amenities and fun bikes. A perfect location with great rooms, great food and great staff. I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time.

Room Tip: Corner suites on the higher floors have fantastic views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Charles K
Reviewed April 6, 2014

seriously. just amazing. the location, the views, the staff, the beds, the room. had the best time ever which was great as it was my partner's first time to NY. my son from LA & my bff from Maine came to stay with us a couple days each and were properly impressed. we were meant to stay only 6 nights, then moving to another hotel mid-town (just to experience the difference) but ended up staying here four more nights. so glad we did. mid town at the Yotel was fine, but not a patch on The Standard. I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor for the views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I lived in NYC for almost 10 years and moved back to the DC area (my hometown) in 2010, but still travel up to NYC often for business. In mid-March that was exactly the case and since I was only staying one night, I decided to book the Sunset Studio at The Standard, East Village. From the second I stepped out of the cab and headed into the hotel, the staff was warm, friendly, and attentive opening the door, offering to assist with my luggage, etc. The only frustrating thing was having to wait until 3pm to be able to check into my room. The business event I was in NYC for began at 4:30pm so I was hoping to be able to check into my room, catch up on emails, and relax/get ready for the event. I ended having to wait in Cafe Standard, a lovely dining option located within the hotel, until my room was ready but it was nice being able to grab a drink and access the wifi from the restaurant while I waited for my room.

At 3pm, I was alerted by staff that my room was ready, and the Sunset Studio was absolutely STUNNING and worth the wait! It featured sweeping views of the NYC skyline - the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building to my right, and the Freedom Tower to the left. The design was super crisp, clean, modern/contemporary, sophisticated, and bright. Loved it! The bed was insanely comfortable, plush/soft mattress, and lovely linens - silky soft and cozy. Within 10 minutes of getting settled into my room, I heard a knock at the door. It was a staff member with a thoughtful welcome amenity featuring a small bottle of wine, bottle of water. A nice touch after a long train ride up from DC. Didn't love the option for the bubble bath - pine - but I know everyone is different with scents. I'm not particularly a fan of minty/pine-scented candles, body wash, bubble bath, but that's just me! Other than that, I had a fantastic experience and certainly plan on going back next time I visit NYC, which I'm sure will be soon. Oh and room service was fantastic, quick, nice presentation, delicious, and they brought up everything I requested. Thank you for such an enjoyable first experience Standard, East Village staff!!! :)

Room Tip: The higher, the better the view of the beautiful city! The Sunset Studio was FABULOUS!!! Killer view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business