“Great attentive staff, and good food”

Da Gennaro Restaurant
Ranked #733 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I searched Mulberry Street for a place that was still serving dinner at 10:30PM on a Thursday night. Many restaurants were already closed, but these guys were happy to take me in for a meal. Service was great, and staff very attentive. Food came very quickly and was good, not great. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and would come again!

There are newer reviews for Da Gennaro Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My mother and I stopped her for lunch one afternnoon and we shared the spaghetti. It was wonderful. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Little Italy.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I love trying different restaurants in Little Italy, and this was by far our favorite! I had the chicken stuffed with prosciutto/spinach with a mushroom sauce and loved every bite! My husband had a pasta with vodka sauce and shrimp...his was delicious, but he kept eating mine. The restaurant was a little crowded, but we didn't care. Pasta heaven. :)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were drawn in by the guy outside the restaurant; looking to bring people in for business...we ended up sitting on the patio and watching him in action and it was very entertaining. The patio is a must to sit on, it was raining hard but the huge umbrellas kept us dry! The restaurant is on a corner you see all three other corners and are in the middle of the hustle and bustle but in a calm and relaxing area. Bread was supplied with amazing olive oil (with feta in it I think). They do have wine by the glass even though it didn't show on the menu (or we missed it); the Cab Sav is great. Martinis are strong but asked for some extra juice on the side and that was no problem. We had the mussels in white sauce (i thought they would be more wine sauce but it seemed very buttery). Seemed a few waiters were hosting our table; asked a few times for different things like a glass and it was forgotten; but the staff was amazing and apologized and came quickly to supply our needs. Fantastic intimate restaurant in Little Italy, really enjoyed it, go.

1  Thank KristinaWeld
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place while looking for a different restaurant. Glad we did!
Great service, nice atmosphere and great food. Had chicken stuffed with prosciutto and spinach with a mushroom sauce - so good! Wife had penne ala vodka and loved it. Daughter had fettuccine with grilled chicken and was very happy. Overall just a great experience. Highly recommend.