“Tingling taste buds”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The shrinking Little Italy still has a fsbulous eat at Da Gennaro. Great pizza and whitebean and artichoke salad. Very attentive and very bust. A highlight of my NYC visit.

1  Thank caswok
Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Best in the area for lunch. Order pasta dishes and you won't be disappointed. Stay simple and enjoy. Warning: Service is very sporadic at best.

1  Thank standupcomic
Reviewed February 16, 2013

While walking up Mulberry Street at lunch time today, we happened past Da Gennaro when one of its employees gave us a quick "pitch" as to why we should come in for lunch. To be honest, with Chinatown a block or so away, I was in the mood for Chinese - but my daughter decided Italian was the way to go. I'm glad she did as we had a wonderful lunch. The fresh bread with a homemade, doctored up olive oil was delicious. I had linguine vongole fra diablo - which was off the charts excellent. My wife had a gnocchi dish that she really enjoyed - and my daughter, quite the penne a la vodka connoisseur, raved about hers. Add in a very friendly staff and a warm atmosphere - and you've got the makings for a great lunch, which is just want we had!

2  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent the early afternoon in Little Italy; we were cold and hungry, leading us to stumble into DeGennero's. we split the pizza and the lobster ravioli. Both were great; I highly reccommend the pizza!

The bread was obviously freshly baked, I could have eaten the entire basket. The service was excellent; but, we arrived during a major snow storm and were the only customers, so it should be great.

We will return!

1  Thank ChachaXIV
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were trying to make a show and explained it to the manger. He seated us promptly and had our waiter serving us immediately. We both ordered gnocchi, one with red sauce the other with pesto, we loved both dishes. the Bread and dip is the best. Great service and big friendly guy out front, I think his name is David, say hello to him from Paul and Aubrie

1  Thank elvis247