“Great Location, good value!”

Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square
Ranked #294 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I went to New York for the first time at the end of June 2014 and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express – Manhattan Midtown West, and we would strongly recommend staying there to others. First the staff is excellent, as they are focused on the guests; they always had time for a question or a suggestion. Second the Holiday Inn Express includes breakfast. It is a good hot/cold breakfast and it was nice to eat a full breakfast and then head out the door exploring for the rest of the day. Third, location, location, location, you will be south of Central Park, west of Time Square and the Broadway shows and north of downtown, accessible by bus, cab, subway or an ambitious walk! And don’t forget on the harbor on the west. We took a dusk boat cruise around Manhattan Island that was a highlight of our trip.

A little reality; the room was clean, modern and small. It basically contained a king size bed, big screen TV, and a washroom. It worked for us, because we had good weather and were out of our room for the morning. And then we had a nap and watched soccer in the afternoon and then we were off for a nice dinner and exploring or seeing a show.

Hotel on 48th street and “Restaurant Row” was on 46th street, a short walk away.

If we go back to Manhattan we would stay here again.

PS don’t let anyone put anything in your hand. If you do, the hustle is going to come. Do a little homework up front and find out what packages work for you before your trip. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Construction (Jun 2014) across the street, but it starts late and finishes early. The hotel tries t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear JMS70,

Thank you so much for staying with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square during your visit to NYC. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that our staff were excellent. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 7 nights and I can tell you I had the best service I have ever experienced!

From the amazing Front Desk to the Breakfast Staff (Ivette and Oscar) and Bell men-they were all awesome, helpful and friendly.

Thanks to Julia for helping us sort out our locks!- We forgot our keys at another hotel and could not get into one of our suitcases!!!! Julia promptly called us an engineer and followed up to make sure it was done

Thanks to Ashanty and Julie for always being friendly and helpful

Thanks to Oksana (not sure if I spelt that right) one of the Managers who allowed us to keep our luggage overnight as we had to spend one night in Mellvile for a wedding and we did not want to take all our suitcases with us.

Thanks to Housekeeping rooms were clean and kept clean throughout our stay.

Thanks to the Breakfast Staff (Ivette, Oscar and the rest of the team) who provide a good breakfast with smiles every morning.

Most of all thanks to Juicy!!!! Juicy was working nights when we arrived. Due to a problem with my card when we arrived at 1am (after travelling for almost 24hrs) our reservation was cancelled. Juicy called round all nearby affiliated Hotels until she got us a room.

She was so friendly and so helpful during our stay i could write a whole review just on her! We miss!!! Even when we checked out at 4am on our last day she made sure we had things to eat as the Breakfast team had not arrived yet.

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express Time Square really do make your stay.

-The hotel itself is centrally located, about 10 mins walk to Time square in one direction and 10-15mins walk to Macy and all other shops in the other direction. Some hotels are situated right in the middle of Times Square -trust me...you don't want that...the crowds are intense lol

-Rooms are clean
-Breakfast is good (Bacon, eggs, pancakes, bagels, bread, muffins coffee tea, oatmeal, cereal...)

If I am in New York again I would like to stay here again:-)

NY Visitor Tip!

I am used to the UK so was not prepared for NY Taxes!!! When buying anything (inclusive of paying for Hotel Rooms) always ask "Does that include taxes!!!!)

2  Thank Rosemary A
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Rosemary A,

We appreciate your positive feedback. I am delighted to hear that our entire staff were extremely helpful with assisting you with your every need. I will share this wonderful review with my staff so they can continue doing what they do best. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and will return back. Until next time.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

overall all was OK but before leaving 2 days.. there was an incident when I cam back at 6 PM and found that few coins were missing from my room (I used to keep my money in safe) but of course some coins I left them on the desk.. when I found out the theft, I decided to inform the management on the spot (even small amount of money but intention of stealing is there) I went to Front desk and informed duty manager and told her the name of HK staff that used to clean my room ( I think here name was Leshka) then the duty manager at the front desk said she will investigate next day... but guess what ?? nothing happen next day or day after or day after !!.. no one get back to me !! no calls.. no written messages ... no voice message to my room phone.. no nothing.. I just wonder how the management deals with theft cases in the hotel.. I told the duty manager I do not care of such few coins but you have a thief in your hotel.. then what the management done ?? nothing !!! even if they took action against this HK staff, at least update your guest.. but nothing.. I was totally kept in dark till my check out..!! is that Inter*intercontinental standards of complaints handling ???????????????
I do not recommend this hotel to any one...
I am also thinking to escalate this matter to IGH COPR. Office for such ignorance and neglecting of guests theft incidents ... !!!
However must say that restaurant staff were very good.
Thanks....
samerrafie@gmail.com (room 3106)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank samer r
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear samer r,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We We were glad to see you have been in contact with our Customer Care department and the hotel management as well. We have shared your additional comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights and everyone of them were great! The rooms although very small (understandable for NYC) but we adjusted well with no complaints. The complimentary breakfasts are good and clean. The facilities there are also clean and well kept. The staff was nice, friendly, and eager to help! We requested a refrigerator, and we got one! Since we were out up to 1 am in the morning, you could say we weren't up at the crack of dawn each morning, the cleaning staff was very understanding and allowed us to take as long as we needed to! Would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Since each floor is very small (6 rooms on each floor if I remember correctly) it is easy to hear el...

Dear Andre H,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to know that our room’s cleanliness met your expectations. Our staff strives for guest satisfaction and I am happy to know that we did just that. We are looking forward in welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a long weekend of Broadway show-watching. Terrific hotel, and an excellent location. Everything was within walking distance. Our room was small, but still held a king sized bed, a desk, an extra chair, and 2 nightstands. The bed was very comfortable, and everything was very clean and well-kept up. The only thing I would recommend to the hotel would be to provide a microwave in the breakfast area so guests could re-heat items as needed. A great place to stay, and reasonable prices for NYC in June.

Room Tip: Less traffic noise on the higher floors.

Dear Skooltchr,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Times Square as accommodations during your visit to NYC. I am glad to know that our rooms met your expectations regardless of its size. Thank you for your suggestion in having a microwave in our breakfast area, we will look into this idea. We are glad to know that your daughter and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express Times Square exceeded our expectations. It is a short walk to Times Square and to the subway. The staff went out of their way to make everything easy, a special thank you to Ashanty!! We had a great view, the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety of food and was a great way to start our day. Free internet was another added bonus. The hotel had everything we needed to make our New York trip a great success.
Thank you! We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yvideo

Dear Yvideo,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback during your recent visit at the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. I am glad to hear that my staff went above and beyond, especially Ashanty. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the beds and city view. Our breakfast team works hard to ensure that our guests enjoy the breakfast and I am happy to know you folks enjoyed it. We are looking forward in welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here from June 20th - June 23rd. Didn't ever try the breakfast so cannot comment on that. Was impressed with the service otherwise. The front desk seemed constantly busy, but answered questions or requests quickly and with a smile. Hotel was clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allender65

Dear Allender65,

Thank you for your recent feedback. We appreciate your business. I am glad to hear that our service amazed you, regardless of how busy the front desk staff was. We hope to have you stay with us in the near future. Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square.

Kind regards,