Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
$297
$267
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
$166
$135
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$173
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$375
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$359
$305
Westin.com
2,277 results
All reviewstimes squarehi expressfree breakfastnew yorkthe breakfast areayogurtport authoritycandlewood suitesbreakfast staffrooms are smallevery morningcity viewthe empire state buildingpenn stationaround the cornerfew blockshell's kitchen
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Holiday Inn express is a short-stay hotel brand. I stayed here for 12 nights in May and it was a pleasant stay. The 39th st. position of the hotel is good if you're moving around the Times Square area, and it's close to everything "touristy". There are lots of restaurants nearby on the 9th avenue. It is a clean place; comfortable beds. The hotel has 35 or 36 floors, so if you're on any of the top floors water pressure could be a bit low, but not a big deal.

The lifts they can't do anything about, but yes, there are two, and they're in constant use. If you're outside "rush hours" they're pretty fast. During my 12-night stay I had to wait only once for about 10 minutes. All staff is polite and very nice; especially the breakfast staff are cheerful and taking their time to explain the various appliances to get the coffee, juice or pancakes. They really deserve a commendation for being so cheerful - it's not easy to work in those quite ... should we say... tight spaces. If you have your breakfast a bit earlier than most (i.e. at about 6.30-7) then there's plenty of space to sit down. During "rush hour", not so much.

Internet connection may vary in throughput and capacity. It's OK to read the odd e-mail or newspaper, but don't presume to download the latest Netflix film! When people do, it goes excruciatingly slow!

In all, a good stay in a good place.

Room Tip: If you can, choose rooms on lower floors if you're in a hurry or a time optimist...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jay C
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Jay C,

Thank you so much for booking your accommodations with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. We are glad to hear that our rooms and breakfast met your expectations. I lament to hear that you experienced some technical difficulties with the Wi-Fi. Overall, we are happy that your enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward in welcoming you back during your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we visited New York City, the hotel is well located and within easy walking distance to scheduled transport and Times Square. The hotel was clean and staff were very friendly and efficient and were always willing to help. We had a nice room on one of the top floor which gave a good view of the City and Hudson River.

When I return to New York, I will most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the small supplement for a top floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank katask

Dear Katask,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed the city/ river view from your room. Our staff, strives to provide efficient and friendliness service. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The good:
Clean room
Comftable bed
Quiet--I was on the 9th floor overlooking 39th st, and didn't hear any street noise, Also, no noise from other rooms.
Location---easy walk to Times Square. and you're within three blocks of most subway lines.
Staff is helpful amd pleasant.

The not so good:
The elevators. Everything you've read here is true--only two elevators, and at busy times you can wait 5-10 minutes . If you're going to be operating on a schedule, ask for a room on a lower floor,
so stairs can be an option.

Breakfast area is tiny--I think you have to camp out the night before to get a table. The selection was fine for me--I'm a coffee and cereal guy--but I had to take it to my room,.

Rooms are small, but not noticeably smallwr than other NYC hotels in this price ramge/star level.

Room Tip: Lower floor if you want to be able to avoid the elevator wait.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear David G,

We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know that our room’s cleanliness and beds met your expectations. I do lament to hear that you found our breakfast area to be small. As for the elevators, during certain periods, we have groups staying with us, therefore that may cause the delays. We are happy to know that our staff were helpful and pleasant. Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful 3 night stay. All the staff were very friendly specially Juicy she was very helpful keeping her smile all the time. We enjoyed the breakfast, teas and coffees throughout the day. This meant we could use the Holiday inn express as a base for shopping or sightseeing and return for refreshments or relaxation at any point in the day. We had a 26 floor room which was quite. Complimentary wifi was a bonus.
my only concern was the concierge she was very RUDE and have some personal issues (Frd, Sat, Sud am 6/6/2014)
I thoroughly recommend the Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square.
A. Wali

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ahmed W,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to NYC. I am delighted to hear that Juicy made a great impression and was friendly with you folks. I do lament to hear that our concierge might not have been the same. I will speak to her, so she knows how her behavior can leave a negative impact on our guests stay. However, it is good to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and refreshments. Thank you for your valued feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here for one night last week and was extremely pleased with the visit. Please understand that this is a) a NYC hotel so the rooms are small, b) a NYC hotel so is very busy and c) a NYC hotel so is a bit noisy. It should also be understood that this is a "Express" property so expectations are a bit lower than other places.

Rooms: Very comfortable beds with both firm and soft pillows. Bathrooms were stocked with the usual amenities and are very functional. TV, small desk and coffee/tea maker as well. All in all nothing remarkable but nothing left out.

Location: 10 minute walk to Times Square, 8 minute walk to subway. Numerous restaurants nearby as well. Cabs a bit difficult to catch out front on 39th street but easy to get on 8th or 9th avenues which is a 2 minute walk.

Check in/check out: Very helpful and polite. We arrived late morning and room would not be ready until after 3pm but they gladly stored our luggage. Everyone at the front desk was attentive and eager to help. Judy, the concierge, deserves special recognition because she was the one who really made our stay and the reason this rating went from VG to E. She overheard us talking in the lobby that it was my wife and my anniversary so she came up and congratulated us and when we got to our room there were extra goodies and a card. I stay in IHG properties around the world from Intercontinental level and on down and have yet to see any concierge top Judy.

Breakfast: gets very crowded but it is offered and included in the room. Pretty basic but considering what a breakfast would cost you in a restaurant it adds a whole lot of value to the room.

I would return to this hotel as it offers a great value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Air Traffic Man,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Times Square as accommodations for your visit to NYC. Our hotel appreciates your understanding and knowledge with our room’s size and amenities. I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and polite, especially Judy. Our priority is our guests satisfaction and I am happy to know we did just that. We hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Best regards,