“Just give it a go!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Central Park and Harlem Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Not all bike tours are created equal. Since 2001, the expert, experienced, professional guides of Bike the Big Apple have been safely taking guests far off the "beaten path" - in all 5 boroughs! With us, you will venture into real ethnic neighborhoods, and experience what life is like beyond the skyscrapers. In fact, we are quite proud to still be the only company to do bike tours of our beloved Bronx - seldom seen by visitors to the city.Why take a bike tour? Walking tours are severely limited in the distance they can travel; you are either going to visit a very small area of the city, or spend half of your day underground. Bus tours can cover plenty, but you are completely removed from the neighborhoods by glass. On bike, you can cover much and still get a real "feel" for the neighborhoods we take you to.Come ride with us!
Brisbane, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Just give it a go!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Our family of 4 (11 & 9 y/o kids) did the Sensational Park and Soul Tour on a Sunday. This was one of the best things we did in NYC. The bikes were in good condition and the guide & sweeper were excellent and very safety conscious. We learnt so much information and history during the ride...very knowledgable guide!! We all cycle regularly at home but we actually felt safer on the streets of NYC then we do on Australian roads/traffic. At no time did I fear for our safety or the kids safety. Just wish we had more time to do another ride whilst we were in NYC. Don't hesitate...just book it!!!! Also, there was a nice little cafe a few shops down from the bike shop where the tour starts so if you get there early pop into the cafe and have a coffee.

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Second tour, 1st rate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was my second tour with Bike the Big Apple. My daughter and I had done the Manhattan at sunset 6 years ago and it was the highlight of the trip, not an easy thing in a city like New York!
Looking at the tours available I chose the 'Tour De Frights' a 6 hour, 12 mile tour around the city at Halloween taking in some haunted / spooky sites.
Getting to the bike shop was easy, subway to Union Square and a two block walk.
At the bike shop I was greeted by Jessie and Kenny, the guides for the evening. Bikes were prepared and we were off. I'm not going to itemise the whole ride but enough to say that despite a sprinkling of rain (ponchos supplied by Jessie if required) the whole experience was awesome.
At all times Jessie's control of the group and awareness of the New York traffic along with Kenny's sweeping up kept all riders safe. The insights into the different sights were interesting and not something you'd learn on the normal tourist routes.
The pace was relaxed and no one was left behind.
If you're going to New York this is the one thing I'd say not to miss.
Thanks to Jessie and Kenny.

Edmonton, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great way to see Harlem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took the Sensational Park and Soul Tour on a Sunday. The guide was great, the bikes were fine, and the whole thing was very well run (although my wife said she felt safer biking through the streets of Paris than NYC!). I wouldn't hesitate to take another tour with this outfit, and you can't beat a cycling tour for covering a lot of ground in a short period of time. My only disappointment was this particular tour itself: The Harlem part was excellent, but we didn't see much of Central Park.

Lakeland, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day of sightseeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Perfect day biking with knowledgable and friendly folks. Unexpectedly cold, they had hats and gloves. Our guide was delightful, affable and safety conscious. The sweeper, Dahlia, kept us together and worked seamlessly with our guide....highly recommend. Looking forward to taking another tour with them! Also met great people from all over the world. Simply a great tour of places I would not have ordinarily seen.... Especially enjoyed the Hassidic Jewish area of Brooklyn....

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Very nice and interesting bike tour of The Bronx”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We did the Bronx bike tour last Thursday and it was great. Our guides Mark and Daniel took us along a whole bunch of interesting sites. Mark really has a thing with the Bronx and he knows a lot about its history.
They have good bikes and they lead us safely through traffic. They even had scarfs, hats and gloves for us.
It's really worth booking this tour!