“First class experience”
Review of Bike the Big Apple

Bike the Big Apple
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Not all bike tours are created equal. Since 2001, the expert, experienced, professional guides of Bike the Big Apple have been safely taking guests far off the "beaten path" - in all 5 boroughs! With us, you will venture into real ethnic neighborhoods, and experience what life is like beyond the skyscrapers. In fact, we are quite proud to still be the only company to do bike tours of our beloved Bronx - seldom seen by visitors to the city.Why take a bike tour? Walking tours are severely limited in the distance they can travel; you are either going to visit a very small area of the city, or spend half of your day underground. Bus tours can cover plenty, but you are completely removed from the neighborhoods by glass. On bike, you can cover much and still get a real "feel" for the neighborhoods we take you to.Come ride with us!
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The family and I love cycling as a way of seeing the world. Since I did a week long cycle tour in Ireland in the late 90s I have sworn that cycling is the best way to see the world - country or city. These guys deliver a first class experience that reinforces my view.

We did tour B to Brooklyn on a Saturday. There are so many highlights of the tour - things you just wouldn't have found or appreciated another way. The Brewery is a great place to stop and have lunch. We did this with our 13yo and 10yo kids. They are a reasonably fit bunch, and did it with no issues at all.

Finally, you might be nervous about cycling in NY but don't be. The guides go out of the way to protect you from traffic when this is potentially an issue. Probably the most challenging part is the pedestrians on Brooklyn Bridge!

4  Thank DadTravelOrganiser

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've had an amazing biketour with great storyteller Marc to Brooklyn. It is an absolute recommendation for a trip to NY! I've done this for 2nd time and it is again an unique experience. If you are a family or a group of friends, it stays unique to learn more about the city and background on a bike. A safe trip with 2 attendants.

2  Thank Nancy V
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were recommended this by a friend and it was easily the highlight of our 4 night stay here. The guides, Levi and Gabe were fantastic! I would describe it as highly organised but laid back at the same time..a perfect combination. We saw places you would never think of going to and their knowledge and enthusiasm was admirable. We feel we were privileged to have been given such an insight into this wonderful city. I hate biking in traffic but this was a piece of cake even in rush hour as you are in a group and there's no danger. An unforgettable experience!

1  Thank Magpies33
Reviewed October 21, 2012

During our stay in New York, a girlfriend of mine and I took the morning tour on Sunday-- and we have not ceased to talk about it! It was enormous fun and greatly interesting. Johannes, the guide, took us first through Central Park and then into the streets of Harlem. We rode amongst the beautiful trees of autumn and learned the fascinating history of the Park. A nice glimpse of a joyous gospel service at a Harlem church followed-- we adored every minute of it. This was our first visit to Harlem and was the perfect way to enjoy it. Afterwards we felt as if we had both accomplished a great deal in New York and enjoyed a relaxing and fun day!

1  Thank Shels88
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Last week was my second Bike the Big Apple tour. Last year I did the "Ethnic Apple" tour (and loved it) so this time around I did the "Delights of Brooklyn" tour. Another great day. The guides are excellent at explaining what we are seeing and give real insight, and are able to answer essentially any question thrown at them. A note: I travel alone, and this has always been great. There are some things I've done over the years that can be a little weird as a solo traveller, but on both bike tours, there have been other solo travellers and besides that, the families/couples have been very friendly and social.
Highly recommended, as I look forward to taking their other tours in years to come!

3  Thank Pat K