“Great Atmosphere and Decent Food”

Bourbon Street Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Street Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th & 9th Avenues
Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, & 7 Trains
Description: Built in 2008 in the Honor and Tradition of Old New Orleans, "Bourbon Street Bar & Grille" is inspired by everything that makes the Crescent City and South Louisiana great. It is our hope that the unique culture of New Orleans is transplanted right here to our home on Restaurant Row in the middle of NYC. Friends and Family coming together in the midst of great drinks, great food, and great fun, is all we ever hoped for. Whether you would like to enjoy a delicious dinner before a Broadway Show, or if you want to Celebrate into the Morning, you may think you've actually landed in the middle of the French Quarters. We look forward to sharing our Southern Hospitality with you, and maybe even getting you to wear some beads too. So Come on down ya'll, and as always.......Let the Good Times Roll.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Before attending a Marinee performance, and in the mood for Cajun food, four friends and I chose the Bourbon Street Bar and Grille along "Restaurant Row" and were not disappointed.
We ordered several servings of hush puppies to share as an appetizer and they arrived hot and well-drained with a tangy sauce.

My luncheon choice was a Bourbon Burger which consisted of a juicy hamburger with jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on a knot roll and very tasty french fries on the side.

Alll of my friends made different choices from the menu and everyone was satisfied. Particularly good were the Bloody Marys and the Sweet Tea.

The decor was very New Orleans with dark wood and wrought iron which created a pleasant atmosphere.

Our waitress was personable and efficient.

When in New York, and in the mood for Cajun/Creole I will definitely return.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Bourbon Street Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thanks so much! We are so pleased you had a great experience with us! We can't wait to see you again on your next visit to NYC!

Cheers,

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stop in for a pre show meal before we went to Jersey Boys. I had a shrimp po boy off the regular menu while the wife had shrimp creole off the Prix fixe menu. I have made both these dishes at home numerous times and both always turn out very well. We were very disappointed in what we got. The po boy was all bread. It was very dry. Very few shrimp. Not impressed. The best part was the fries. I ordered a Caesar salad as an appetizer and it ended up costing $11. My wife was also very disappointed in her shrimp creole. Again, very few shrimp and not much taste. After all was said and done we had a very disappointing $90 meal. 2 meals 2 beers and a "Hurricane". If your looking for a pre show dinner option, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize for your experience with us and hope that you and your wife will reconsider joining us again. Please send your contact information to kate@bourbonny.com to reconnect on this matter. We would like to make it up to you.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I decided to eat here because a few friends raved about the food. When I arrived there was no one waiting ahead of me, but it took about 15-20 minutes for me to be seated (I was alone). A couple wait staff came over to assist but said I had to wait for the hostess to see what was available. Once I was finally seated (outside) I ordered from the brunch menu. I had fried eggs over jambalaya, it was good, but nothing to rave about. The carafe of Mimosa was my favorite part.

Thanks so much for your feedback! We hope this doesn't deter you from joining us again and hope you will try us once more.

Looking forward to another carafe,

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in 2011 and 2012 with a group doing a charity walk.

Food was fab and so reasonably priced, staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful.

The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. So close to time square. Bar had a lovely atmosphere also.I really look forward to staying again next time I come to new York.

And wee look forward to having you! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about us. We are pleased you enjoyed you're Bourbon Street experience.

To next time!

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

They have a variety of things on the menu to choose from. The atmosphere is nice and the staff was very nice! We will be back to eat when we travel back to NYC!

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Bourbon Street Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thanks so much for your feedback. We can't wait to see you again on your next trip!

To next time,