“The spirit of New Orleans”

Bourbon Street Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Street Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th & 9th Avenues
Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, & 7 Trains
Description: Built in 2008 in the Honor and Tradition of Old New Orleans, "Bourbon Street Bar & Grille" is inspired by everything that makes the Crescent City and South Louisiana great. It is our hope that the unique culture of New Orleans is transplanted right here to our home on Restaurant Row in the middle of NYC. Friends and Family coming together in the midst of great drinks, great food, and great fun, is all we ever hoped for. Whether you would like to enjoy a delicious dinner before a Broadway Show, or if you want to Celebrate into the Morning, you may think you've actually landed in the middle of the French Quarters. We look forward to sharing our Southern Hospitality with you, and maybe even getting you to wear some beads too. So Come on down ya'll, and as always.......Let the Good Times Roll.
“The spirit of New Orleans”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived 30 minutes early for our reservation but we were still seated promptly. The atmosphere is very lively but my husband and I were still able to hold a conversation. The televisions showing music videos added to the fun of our evening. I suppose I wouldn't dine here for quiet romance but if you are looking for the tastes and feel of New Orleans this is the place. I had the chicken, sausage and biscuit meal and my husband the shrimp po'boy. Both were delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to any NYC traveler.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
New Jersey
“Cajun food on Restaurant Row”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The menu has several cajun selections. My girlfriend had blackened shrimp salad and I had blackened catfish. Both were excellent. The only drawback was slightly uncomfortable stools which are a little too high off the ground.

Visited July 2013
chelmsford, england
“Good food and buzzing atmosphere”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

West 46th St. Is full of restaurants and we chose this as it looked a bit less formal than some of the others. Large portions 'po boys' were excellent, service good and a nice atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Good food, but WAY too loud in here”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Three of us were seated at a table on the second floor, but soon wished we had scored a table outside on the balcony. The music was blaring at 8:00 and we couldn't have a conversation without shouting to each other. I tried the blackened shrimp salad and a side of cheese grits. The salad was fresh and the dressing was light and tasty. The cheese grits were creamy and delicious. I had a margarita that was pretty light on the alcohol. My boyfriend liked his Sazerac and shrimp ettouffe. I tried his entree and thought the sauce was flavorful but the shrimp was overcooked and chewy. My son enjoyed his Bourbon Street burger, but he is easy to please. I found the pounding background music made it difficult to enjoy our meal together. The atmosphere in here is very unlike the other restaurants I've tried on restaurant row. It can't decide whether it wants to be a restaurant or a nightclub. They should pick one.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“WOW!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

$5 hurricanes everyday, all day so my memory may be a little blurred, but we returned 3 times during an extended stay in the city so I felt confident enough of my memory to write a review. Problem is the crab cakes were so good, I had them three times so I can't talk about other menu items. I will be back as soon as I return to New York.

• Visited June 2013