“Much more than a sandwich shop - and amazing for veggies!”

Tiny's Giant Sandwich Shop
Ranked #1,963 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Essex
“Much more than a sandwich shop - and amazing for veggies!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I sought this place out on a recent trip to NYC after reading the reviews online and my goodness, I was not disappointed. As a vegetarian, the 'Big Mack Daddy' was a huge draw for me - a sandwich that claims to be the closest thing to a McDonald's Big Mac that a veggie can get - and I can confirm this is true! Everything, from the veggie burger to the veggie bacon, gherkins and sauce, was spot on. I could almost have been convinced I was eating the real thing! There are tons of other veggie options on the menu too, from veggie meatballs to grilled cheese sandwiches - and they all come up huge. My husband (who is not a veggie) ordered the meat-filled Spicy Rizzak and had to take half of it away because the sandwich was so big! We went to Tiny's for an evening meal so please be aware that it's SO much more than your average sandwich shop that's just open at lunchtime... I'd definitely recommend stopping by at night, too, because it's surrounded by cool bars. Loved it!

• Visited January 2014

Copenhagen, Denmark
“The best coffe”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed very close to this cosy little cafe, and every morning we had our coffee there.
Prices are very reasonable, and the staff very friendly.
After a few visit you kind of felt at home.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fresh, filling, fun and very nice people too.”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This corner store is on the tiny side but they do have tables. The food is big on taste, light on the wallet, and yummy. Tiny's is my favorite place for lunch on the lower east side of Manhattan. Great sandwiches as well as healthy options and salads, prompt service. There are two sizes for many items. For me, the regular sized chicken parm sandwich on a brioche bun kept me going the rest of the day. They have all kinds of beverages, including seltzer. Convenient to The New Museum and galleries, shopping. It fills up quickly but people seem to eat and get on with the rest of their day. They have take out, too.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cheryl H
Springfield, MO, US
“Good value- great coffee”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

very basic space but very good coffee and bagel. Friendly service and very nice price (cappuccino + bagel with lox = $10)

Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“miss you”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

on our recent holiday in New York we were staying very close to this wonderful little café and just loved dropping in on our way home every afternoon for one of their great cappuccinos.
We also had lunch here on a couple of occasions and everything was delicious.
the wait staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is just great.
Tiny's Giant...we miss you!

• Visited September 2013