Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful experience

We had a fantastic time on our food tour in Greenwich Village. The range and quality of food was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
jimrM4978PY
via mobile
A must do in nyc. Delicious and so fun!

Tour was a trip highlight. Our guide Cindy was engaging and very funny! Tasting is balanced with... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from $79.99
from $149.00
from $99.00
8,193 results
All reviews food tour greenwich village tour chelsea market meatballs joe's pizza village food food tasting peking duck new york ny tour cannoli great tour highly recommend this tour food stops three hours walking tour meatpacking district
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Recently did 2 tours with this company--NOLITA/NOHO and Brooklyn--Food and Culture. I love to do food tours. You get a lot of bang for your buck--usually enough food to fill you up for one meal (and usually everything is scrumptious), information about the history and culture of the area, ideas for revisiting places, and exercise! Bert took us through the very distinct and different neighborhoods of NOLITA and NOHO. Bert is the ultimate tour guide--funny, personable, and thoroughly committed to making everyone love his tour. Another day we did the Brooklyn half day tour with Laura. Brooklyn is BIG--so we spent lots of time in the van, stopping at restaurants and poking through various areas of Brooklyn. It definitely has its ethnic neighborhoods, too. Some even walked the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan. I always think of NYC as a big city. It's not; it's a lot of little neighborhoods, each with its own personality.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Murphysmom63
foodsofnewyorktours, Manager at Foods of New York Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Murphysmom63, Great review! We are so pleased to hear what a wonderful time you have had on the two tours you have taken. Bert really is an unbelievable tour guide isn't he! Laurie is also spectacular and leads you through some amazing places in Brooklyn. Both tours are wonderful, so its awesome to hear that you had memorable experiences with us! Please continue to come back and see us! We promise only the best! See you soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

The original Greenwich village tour was amazing, I learnt so much about the history of the village, and about the food we tried. The tour guide was really lovely and knowledgeable and told us personal stories about the families who owned the shops we visited. The food was all excellent, you get small tasters of all different kinds of food and sweets - mostly Italian on this tour. You also get discounts to plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood so we plan to come back!

Date of experience: September 2016

Lis M, we can not wait to have you back! We are extremely pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the tour! You must come back and take another tour as soon as possible! We promise you more tasty foods, intriguing historical info and of course an entertaining guide! Happy eating until the next time around.. ;)

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Our guide Cindy was amazing!! Very knowledgeable and took care of every detail of our tour expertly. I would definitely recommend this. Easy to get to Chelsea market by subway and a great value considering it covers lunch as well with many food stops. I did not feel rushed and went back later to shop (with coupons given during the tour!) and explored a few more places not detailed in the tour. Great for older kids/teens and above.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

This is my second food tour with Foods of New York Tours. My daughter and I did the Nolita tour with Annie a couple of years ago and loved it. This time my husband and I did the Original Greenwich Village tour with Marie. Again, the tour did not disappoint. Marie really knows the neighborhood and all the people. I really wish we had done the tour at the beginning because we probably would have gone back to the area for dinner. I was stuffed after all of our tastings. My husband was still hungry after the tour, despite the fact that 3 people did not show for the tour and Marie gave him extras. He must have had a tapeworm thing going on because we had a lot of food. Anyway, I would say 99 percent will be full at the end of this tour. Next time I come to NYC, I plan on taking the Brooklyn food tour. I would highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: September 2016

ladybug30004, Thank you for the recommendation! We are so pleased to hear what a great time you had on your second tour with us! Please keep coming back and of course telling others about us! Marie is fantastic and Anny is fabulous, so you have definitely had two wonderful tour guides in the past! We promise you another incredible guide next time around and of course more tasty foods as well as intriguing historical info! Hope to see you soon! Happy eating until then ;)

Reviewed September 7, 2016

I have excellent group the tour guide was very knowledgeable (sorry don't remember his name). The food was delicious in particular the polish restaurant and the pizzeria, but the opportunity to walk over the Brooklyn bridge was amazing, I recommend this tour, is worth the money.

Date of experience: September 2016

rafmej, Great review! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience in Brooklyn! Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is definitely a special and memorable experience as well! Hope to have you back on another one of our tours very soon!