“Nolita, not the best”

Foods of New York Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted BEST CITY TOUR by CitySearch & praised by TIme Out New York Magazine with the phrase: "There is delicious justification for their popularity." We offer food tours 7 days a week and we tour in 5 different NYC neighborhoods. Check out our page with over 19,000 reviews. We are NEW YORK'S FIRST & BEST. Since 1999 we've been giving Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours through New York City's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. We provide a "Non-Touristy" experience so you feel like a Native New Yorker! And even if you are a native NYer, we'll show you some secret gems in downtown NYC that you may have missed. Each tour includes food tastings from specialty food shops, ethnic eateries, and local restaurants, as well as an "off the beaten path" glimpse of life in New York City -the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings. We're New York's best Food Tasting & Cultural Walking tour! We can't wait to show you our favorite spots - and feed you all along the way. Come see us soon.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have taken the Greenwich, and Soho tours. They were fantastic, and I gave them rave reviews. I've introduced many of my family and friends to your tours. However, Nolita, did not match the other two tours. The tour guide Anny, was nice, but we had a very hard time hearing her. The tour could have used a little change. It would have been nicer to end the tour with a cupcake sampler, than to have started with one. The food establishments were ok, but not any I would go back to. The food seemed a little bland, nothing to really write home about. I guess the first two tours really went beyond my expectations, so I was really disappointed with this one. I will be back to do the Chelsea tour, I hope that one has the wow factor of the first two.

1  Thank jeaniewolf
Write a ReviewReviews (5,106)
All reviews
"great tour"
in 349 reviews
"ny tour"
in 96 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 182 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Been to NYC many times but decided I wanted to try a food tour. I did 3 food tours that first week of July. Didn't he Chelsea/ meat packing tour, Greenwich and Nolita. I thoroughly enjoyed all the tours. They were insightful and had a good sampling of the foods. The tour guides were very pleasant, knowledgable and made the tour fun. I would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Herman N
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first experience on a "food tour" and it was a fantastic introduction. Anny was our tour guide and she was delightful. Her enthusiasm and knowledge of the area was terrific. The food samples were all so good. It was fun having the opportunity to try a varity of dishes and each one was better than the one before. Our samples were very generous and upon finishing the tour we were pleasantly stuffed. Now we want to go on all the food tours. Can't wait for the next one!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

As a gift, I was given the NOLITA Food Tour. I did not have much expectations as I was born and raised there. In the end, I was delighted to know some history that I did not know about. The sample foods was great.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you love food and a bit of local history, this is a tour for you. It is only 3 hours and $50/person. You pop in and out of various restaurants/shops/bakeries and have about 7-8 tastings on the tour. Varying from a cup of organic chocolate milk to a home made pizza slice. We did both Chelsea and Nolita tours. Amazing guides, full of history about the neighbourhood. They have personal stories about the neighbourhood and the various owners and how they came into business. Great way to explore these areas of NYC. Personal, full of interesting history, and of course amazing food. Also a good way to figure out where you may want to dine on your trip.

1  Thank cooperfelice