“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #188 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Windsor
“Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed in October of 2013 for 3 nights, stayed on top floor towards rear of hotel, access to roof top patio at night was great, with lovely view of Empire State building. Outstanding service experience started with our arrival in early morning where staff offered breakfast and to secure our luggage quickly and efficiently, also offering advice on things to do with complete directions. Great tips on what to see and where to go for theatre tickets too. Staff where always courteous and helpful throughout our stay. our room was on the verge of needing some fresh paint in a few places and maybe carpet in the near future( as i understand it though, they are renovating rooms, a few at a time) the internet could be spotty at times too. Again these were minor issues and the fact that the location is close to major transit, attractions and great restaurants, along with amazing staff far outweighs any of these minor complaints. The ultimate service was staff who noticed a leather case containing our passports and secured them until i could return to retrieve them! they certainly saved my wife and I a huge headache later. A huge thank you to the staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! Yes we did go into rooms all summer and made improvements. I think you may have stayed a while back because we have moved breakfast down to our new Lounge.

I am so happy that you found your travel documents - that would have been a disaster!

DR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel met all our wants, central location, near Metro stops, quiet and friendly. And our room was excellent, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was delicious. Service was excellent from front desk and lounge. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GarryandMo
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that we were able to hit all the items on your checklist for a good stay!

Hope to see you again!

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great Location;
Fair Rooms but not quiet; don't stay at the back rooms, you'll get a terrific view of a New Yorks authentic concrete wall.
Regular and artificial service at front desk . Very good breakfast with wonderful view .
Expensive.

Room Tip: Don´t accept a room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I think you must have stayed during the time when we served breakfast in Morgans Penthouse. We have since renovated RESERVE, our Lounge and breakfast is served there in the mornings. I am also happy to report that since your stay we have also upgraded our windows and it is amazing how quiet rooms are now! Hope you will return to see for yourself some day.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here for five nights for a work trip. I love the fact this hotel isn't that easy to see from the street - albeit it is literally on Madison Avenue - because it doesn't scream HOTEL. It's so much more classy than that.

The front desk staff were astonishingly helpful, as were the concierge, who gave me tips on where to go shopping, where to eat etc.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and, honestly, an amazing size for NY. There is a huge bed, plenty of space, and a really fresh beautiful bathroom. Great power shower along with a handheld shower if you don't want to get your hair wet (it's those little things that really make hotel stays for me).

The breakfast each day is impeccable, fresh fruit, croissants, and never ending free tea/coffee is available throughout the day and night.

I am now on the second leg of my US work trip and only wish I could have stayed at Morgans for longer. I would 100% recommend to anyone and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JK_018
Your review started my Monday morning off on such great footing! I hope the rest of the week brings lots of wonderful comments.

Thank you for pointing out all the positive features / services at Morgans. We try to make it pleasant for everyone. This does not always happen but I think we manage to make more guests happy than not!

Look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I had a recent stay at the Morgan and absolutely loved this hotel. Our room was perfect and so was the staff. The decor is very contemporary. The only problem for me was the bathroom was small. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York - so good they named it twice!

Thank you for your kind review which says it all in a few sentences.

We hope you will return to try out our new Lounge!

Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband & I stayed at Morgans for 3 nights with our 2 young teenage grandchildren. The staff was so very friendly & helpful. Rooms were great, décor very fun. The beds were quite comfortable. Loved the shower. The continental breakfast was excellent. And the room for the breakfast was stunning. My husband and I enjoyed some wine in the same room one evening. I would stay here whenever I return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear that you were here with your family. How nice to travel with Grandchildren! I know they will always remember this trip.

Thank you for your very kind review. Wait until the Lounge officially opens! I think you will love it!

Kind regards and hope to see you again for a return trip!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Morgans is a very pleasant little hotel, tucked away in midtown. It feels more like a nice apartment building then a hotel, and in fact I walked by it ... twice.

Pros: Well located for just about anything you want to do. Unusually warm and genuinely friendly staff (all of them; kudos to management). Decor is newer and fresh and light. Great beds and bedding. Rooms are generous for NYC. All in all, very good value.

Cons: Teeny eeny bathrooms. One person at a time, or less if you are very large! Common areas are small and a little drab; no grand lobby here. Our suite had a large living room and a sofa; but the sofa was not a pullout! (odd, no?). On a nondescript block.

NOTE: As with many buildings not originally built as hotels, one's impression of this hotel will probably vary with the room you have as the rooms themselves can vary quite a bit. Some of the rooms have wonderful views and even outdoor space. Some of them have low light and virtually no view. We had a wonderful suite with lots of space, and a great terrace. The view was amazing. I think, with a lesser room, our rating would have only been a "4".

Room Tip: I'll never tell.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 6ContinentsNCounting
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! It is true that we do not have a 'grand' Lobby but one that is sophisticated and discreet; designed and updated several times by the late Andree Putman. Our Lobby however, does lead into Reserve (our Lounge) which I would describe as rather 'grand' in a contemporary way.

The idea was always one of discretion and privacy which we still maintain.

I noticed that you frequently review hotels and that is wonderful! Keep going!

Regards,