“Fabulous Hotel”

Morgans New York Hotel
Ranked #194 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Fabulous Hotel”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous staff.Fabulous location.Fab rooms .Fab penthouse and breakfast every think you could want in a Hotel would
Recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in New York.We walked everywhere the location was so good ten minutes Times Square.Fifteen minutes Central Park.Great views of Empire State Building from our room and Penthouse.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bernard B
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your Fabulous Review!

It makes us so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please return to experience the new Lounge. The light fixtures went up today and they are quite spectacular!

Hope to see you again!

DR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I could get a good deal for the busy season and as its location-wise, staying at this hotel gave me great convenience and I’d stay again.

Good-
Great location!
Free Wifi at everywhere all at times, no need to log in over again after certain hours.
Good for value.
The room is a little run-down, it has a modern and innovative interior though.

Not good-
The breakfast was included, but do not expect variety in menu or qualtiy in food.
If you are sensitive for security, do not choose this hotel. Anyone can get in up to the penthouse.

Room Tip: The higher, the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We have recently upgraded our WIFI and the signal is strong throughout our property. It is complimentary to all.

As far as access to the Penthouse is concerned, yes, guests do invite their own friends and colleagues up there in the evening for a drink. It is no different from any other hotel venue and lots of hotels now have spaces on the roof for drinks and snacks. I do not think it would be fair to our guests if they were not able to entertain anyone up there. We have not had a single security incident as a result of that. Our staff is up there throughout the day and there are two people posted up there at night. We do shut it down at 10:00 p.m. I hope this makes you feel better about security at Morgans.

Washington d.c.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great stay at Morgan’s April 18. The staff is so friendly that I wanted to adopt them. Had a business meeting and checked in early – staff stored my luggage and pointed me to the living room for guests in the Penthouse. It had snacks, ample space to work, a full bath room and big screen TV to catch up on news – separate dining area, with extra seating up a set of spiral stairs. I really appreciated this space (with views!) instead of sitting in a lobby trying to work. This is also the breakfast area and enjoyed the fabulous pastries and excellent coffee. It was easy to chat with other guests over breakfast. There is a small roof top terrace which looks like it would be great on warmer days. The room was terrific - bed and comforter are very comfortable, towels fluffy, and built in window seat very convenient for spreading out stuff! I had a suite and appreciated the separate living room area. Very spacious for NYC! Location can’t be beat – in the center of mid-town. I almost stayed at the Marriot Courtyard 2 blocks away at twice the price and am so glad I chose Morgan’s instead!

1 Thank rgnwashdc
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I absolutely love your review. You described our Penthouse area so perfectly! Thank you.

Sometimes I too feel like adopting our staff! They are a special group of people.

Hope you return to try our new venues soon. We will have a new Lounge, Guest Living Room and Fitness Center.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at a sister hotel in Miami in 2011 and was amazed by the overall quality of the hotel and friendliness of the staff. Therefore, I expected nothing less at this hotel in New York and was not at all disappointed. Location is perfect, within walking distance of Grand Central and Penn Station as well as a couple great bars a few blocks south. Staff is very friendly. The receptionist greeted me with a smile and helped me with my room and Tom was very helpful throughout my entire stay. Highly recommended and looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you. Yes, we have four hotels in New York. Morgans is the smallest and the first, we have been here since 1984!

Also, thank you for mentioning Tom. He is quite a gem.

Hope to see you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was in NYC for work and stayed for one night. Here are the highlights:

GOOD:
- staff is super friendly and made check-in/check-out very easy
- wifi is included and I had good access in the common areas and in my room
- breakfast is also included with your stay and is a decent spread (greek yogurt, granola, cereal, croissants and coffee that doesn't suck)
- room seemed well appointed and not super small compared to many other NYC rooms

CONS:
- I found the mattress to be too soft and uncomfortable
- my room was next to something that appeared to be a staircase or a service closet and the door closed very loudly (waking me up a few times in the early morning)

Overall, I had a good experience. I would return for either business but if I were to visit NYC on my own time, I'd prefer a location further south.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the stairwells.
1 Thank TOfoodie80
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I like bullet points!

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay overall although I will certainly remind our staff to shut doors quietly!

We have recently spent $40k on a WIFI upgrade and it really has improved the signal throughout the property. It is so important these days as it has become our primary source of communication!

Hope you return soon to try our new Lounge!

manchester
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I moved to America in November so I didn't want to fly home for Christmas so decided on Christmas in NYC. I'm happy I decided to stay at Morgan's hotel.It's location is great, the rooms are an ok size but the bed is amazing. I almost wanted to stay in bed all day rather than going shopping in the freezing cold. The only criticism I would have would be they aren't enough mirrors and lighting. A girl needs these things!

The staff were lovely and helpful. We arrived on a Sunday and they were quick to tell us that parking was FREE on a Sunday! I couldn't believe it! So we only had to pay for three days parking which cost $150. But I thought that was cheap compared to London!

The breakfast was great if slightly minimal but who eats in NYC anyway? We didn't eat anywhere near the hotel as we were recommended resteraunts further than walking distance. One Thai we went to was in Brooklyn that cost $15 in a taxi which I thought was cheap and Brooklyn was really cool!

Morgan's made my Christmas away from home one to remember! Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
How fun to have a 'staycation'!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your first Christmas in New York and hope you did not spend to much time in bed, as comfy as they are!

There are dimmers on the lights but I am sorry you did not see them. They are not that easy to find which is why I always recommend getting a Bellman to escort you to your room. They not only carry luggage but also do great room orientations.

Hope to see you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently stayed at Morgans for a long weekend as a 60th birthday gift for my father. On arrival the hotel entrance and lobby is not very imposing and so as a surprise gift was not quite as impressive as we were hoping. However this is my first and last criticism of Morgans! The rooms are lovely, we had a twin on the 14th floor (with a view of the Empire State if you strain your neck but good enough for a suitably enviable photo) and a very spacious double on the 16th. We contacted the hotel to inform them of the occasion prior to arriving so believe this may have been a free upgrade. They also left a birthday card for my father on arrival which was a nice touch. The bedding was of the very best quality and we all slept very well in the hotel. The breakfast room in the penthouse and outdoor roof terraces in the hotel were a stunning addition. One sunny afternoon we took some refreshments upstairs to the terrace and enjoyed the view along with the city atmosphere which was actually one of my highlights of the trip! The level of cleanliness in the hotel was excellent. The staff very attentive when requests were made without being at all over bearing which we found unusual in the city in general! I would definitely return to Morgans on future trips and would recommend to friends. Well done and thank you very much to the team at Morgans.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danni_Smith
What a thoughtful gift for your Dad! I think he will remember this trip for many years to come. Pretty soon we will be taking down the extra wall in our Lobby to reveal the entrance to our wonderful new Lounge! We cannot wait for that to happen!

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return to celebrate many more birthdays!