“New York New York!!”

Ranked #200 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Cyprus
“New York New York!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at the Morgans Hotel for a week, during a vacation trip to New York.
The stuff is very helpful and pleasant. Stayed in one of the Suites, very spacious and modern, the only downside was that it was a bit dark. The hotel was undergoing a small renovation so the breakfast was served in the penthouse, with amazing views of the Empire State Building. It is walking distance from the "centre" shopping section on 5th avenue and madison avenue. Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveller_Muse
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
New York New York - so good they named it twice! Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you would return. We are nearly done with the renovation of our Lounge and you should come back to see it.

I love Cyprus and have been there many times! It is truly a beautiful island and I as I write this I am looking at a photo on the opposite wall of the cliffs in Paphos!

Kind regards and hope to welcome you back!

DR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my 17 year old daughter for 5 nights . Lovely comfy beds, really helpful staff and just a really good base to get out and about from. Just a couple of blocks from grand central and either the shuttle to Times Square if you want the west side subway or easy access to the east side subway made getting around so easy. Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank alipaliNorfolk
Thank you so much. We would love to have you back! You have described our location very well indeed. As I write this in the late afternoon, I wish I could get into one of those comfy beds...time for an espresso!

Regards,

England
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Booked this hotel after reading the reviews and was not disappointed. Stayed here in February in a party of 6 adults for 40th birthday celebration. Was welcomed on arrival by Tom? Who was very friendly and informative on the surrounding area even looking up prices of an ice hockey match that was taking place that night. Check in was quick and rooms clean and tidy with a comfty bed and decent bathroom. It was fairly small but having not been to NY before have been told that this is bigger than most !! Situated in a great location a ten minute walk from Grand Central Station and Empire State Building and also easy walking distance to Macys and 5th Ave for shopping. Rob, Tom or Scott in reception were always on hand to flag down a cab in the evenings and receptionist (sorry didn't get name) was happy to look up information on pc Another big plus was the complimentary breakfast in the penthouse with a great view of the Empire State. Muffins, doughnuts, toast, cereal, yoghurts, fruit, croissants all available as well as fresh orange juice and tea & coffee which was available all day. All in all a great stay at a great and friendly hotel which I would not hesitate to use again if i visit New York again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
You write so beautifully that I experienced Morgans through your description! Thank you! What a fun occasion - to celebrate a birthday in New York! I am delighted that you and your friends had a good time here. You must return to experience the new Lounge - I think you will love it!

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

staff were all so helpful;fromdoor staff ,front desk to cafe. ! bed suite and superior twin were so good - comfy large beds bathrooms great and heating fine really enjoyed the breakfasts pastries toast bagels juice coffee or tea (diferent kinds) and wonderful views. Good adice from staff where to eat shop walk to etc nothing was too much trouble we had to leave early > flight change
Having been toNY before this was best experience; so convenient

Room Tip: we had no traffic noise on 14th floor;
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Your title alone has put a smile on my face! Thank you so much. The fact that you would stay again is a great testament to Morgans. I am so sorry you had to leave early and hope that you will be back soon to see the new Lounge!

Madrid
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice hotel, cool decoration, rooms are big compared to NY standards, bathroom extremely tiny. Staff was very nice, I missed a bar to have cocktails at night, great views in the penthouse and bedroom. I asked for a late check out and they told me I had to pay for additional half a day, I did not lile this as I thought it was not nice at all, i only wanted to take a ahower before a long flight, they offered me the living room, but was it dificult to give me 3 more hours? Also, at first they said it was not available and then that i had to pay half a day?
Great hotel to stayin general.

1 Thank lcpholidays
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the views from the Penthouse. I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request for a late check out. When we can, we do, but hotels in New York these days are sold out a lot of the time and late check outs sometimes means that staff must stay behind. It is the hospitality business but I have no qualms in stating that it is a business after all! Yes, we try our best to be accommodating, especially to our repeat guests. There are times we have no choice. There is one thing you will always get from me - an honest response!

london
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I go to New York often, and usually stay at Omni. But this time reading the reviews about Morgans, I decided to give it a try. The super friendly staffs (I'm so sorry I didn't get the front desk lady staff's name who gave us an upgrade with a tinge of German accent (?), pretty blond hair and Scott at the bell desk), parking and breakfast perks have lured me to book the upgraded room I was given again, in March. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! It is truly appreciated. The fact that you are returning means we did a good job the first time and it the best compliment you can give us!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The Morgans hotel was a great find, really well located between grand central station and the Empire State building.
We spent 4 nights at the hotel, staff were polite and gave us a great welcome after a delayed journey opening up the lounge so we could get a cup of tea!
The room was clean, well set out, really comfy bed and great shower.a perfect base for city break. Breakfast was awesome bagels, pastries, toast, yoghurt, cearel, coffee and tea. You could take a coffee with you and a pastry too! All served in the lovely penthouse with views of empire state.

Our only frustration would have been along for information from concierge.we asked about seeing live music and the receptionist went on google, same about wanting a late night pizza (which was shut when we got there). If just expect working in a hotel that they'd actually know about their surroundings.
Same when it came to leaving for the airport, we explained our flight was at 8.30 and we'd be back at 6 for our bags to head off in a taxi. It wasn't till we got back and asked the door man for our bags and to get a taxi did he say I don't think you've got enough time to get there. This is the busiest time of day, he then advised us to get train from grand central. Which we did and took about 1.5 hrs it was really right but just about walked straight through onto plane.

So great hotel but make sure you have your trip advisor app downloaded to know about the city!

1 Thank haverotawilltravel
Thank you for your review. I am so very sorry about the questions you asked at the Front Desk. We actually have a Clef D'Or Concierge but he may not have been around at the time. A couple of things -

You are absolutely right about the pizzaria. All staff members (especially since we are in New York) should know about a late night pizza place without having to rely on the Internet.

As far as live music goes, if our Front Office Manager recalls correctly, you had requested an Irish Pub with live music. That does require a bit of research as even those that offer live bands do not do so every night of the week.

Someone should have picked up on the airport issue when you mentioned you were returning at 6 for an 8:30 p.m. flight. Unless they assumed you were traveling to LaGuardia, they should have told you that was not enough time to get there. Actually, the staff member should not have assumed but simply asked you which airport you were going to.

I am sorry we fell short but I am happy that you were able to make your flight!