The Vanderbilt YMCA
  • Bar/Lounge
$316
$295
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$80
  • Breakfast included
1,390 results
All reviewsgrand central stationsteam roomlaundry roomunited nationsrooms are smallmini fridgeair conditionerbig appleempire state buildinglocation was perfectrockefeller centersubwaydeliavejfk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2009

If u are travelling solo or without Kids and do not intend to admire hotel rooms but sights in NYC at the most economical costs, then no better place than this. I was apprehensive of shared toilets ( But they were clean, no que). There was a TV in room, a small fridge and an AC also one cld also deposit stuff into safe deposit lockers at the reception. There is a gym and some martial arts classes in the lobby area. Though one has to walk for some 20 min to reach the westside of NY, the price for a budget traveller is worth it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Location is awesome. Room was very clean, small but it's worth the saving. For this price, this is the best place that one can find in Manhattan.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2009

2 of us stayed for 5 nites end of May 09. We booked with ebookers out of the uk with a buy 4 nites get your 5th nite free. Was a bit concerned after reading some of the reviews, but actually really liked the Vanderbilt. Our problem was with ebookers - we had booked a double bed and when we got there were told that they often have that mistake as uk operaters are classing bunkbed rooms as double beds (anyway ebookers refunded us £50 when we returned taking our 5 nite stay down to only £183 shared between 2!)
If you like to exercise the YMCA has LOADS of facilities many many floors of exercise equipment - 2 pools and there was a sauna and steam in the ladies changing room (not sure about the mens) which was really cool after a long day pounding the pavments. Its not 2 far from 42nd street so it takes about 15 min walk along to time square (we're slow) and is very close to the united nations (just in case ur looking on a map) The bunk beds worried us a bit as being a bit heavier thought Id squish my mum lying underneath - but there were no dramas. It was clean and VERY quiet. I would definitley stay there again and would have no qualms staying there on my own as a single girl.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammy-Lynne
Reviewed June 24, 2009

The Vanderbilt YMCA is cheap and near the UN. I also has a great gym and cost less than 100 USD per night in a section where real hotels go for over 300 USD minimum. It would be a great place if it were not for the staff. At check in they could not find my reservation for 30 minutes! They receptionist accused me of falsifying it and refused to look at the electronic email I had confirming it. Only the manager seemed more reasonable and sorted it out ... although by that time they had given up tryng to check me in and told me to lave my bag and come back later to check in.

Even worse, on the fourth night of my seven night stay the maid left my room door open and when I returned someone had gone through my room and stolen 400 Swiss Francs that I had left there. When I reported it they were understanding but refused to call to the police. They claimed they had to do their investigation. I made notes on it and told them I would wait until tomorrow before contacting police if they did not do so.

This place is not a hotel. It is hostel with individual rooms with single beds or bunk beds....not good for couples...unless they don't like each too much. For singles or 'just friends' traveling together it is not bad, but unless they get better staff it is a really 'ify' place to stay and could be down right danagerous.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cfjd
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed at the YMCA for 3 nights, everything was fine, the hotel was ok, not too bad neither good. The problem was when I returned home and got my credit card review. For my VERY surprise I found out that my credit card was used twice at the YMCA desk, one time with my autorization to pay the 3 nights and one more time that I didn't know wich was charged one extra night.
Just to make it clear, it was used and taken at the same day I checked in, so no reason for charge as late check out, I checked in at the correct date, so no reason to pay extra charge for late check in.
In my receipt it was the amount for 3 nights if I didn't pay attention when I come back home it would pass and I would had payed for something I didn't use.
I called and send email to YMCA, and my feedback was that they didn't know what I was talking about and that in their register I payed for 3 nights only.
I called my bank to check and it was not my bank mistake, my card had been drwan twice almost at the same time in the YMCA desk.
So be carefull if you are going there.
It was a very unpleasent experience, plus all the money that I had to spend, having my card hold and destroyed at my bank, paying charges to have a new card and etc... very very unpleasent situation!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo